Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 05-09-2012, 04:47 PM   #1
aron77

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
response to an ebay dealer I didn't trust

I just purchased an rk sport spoiler from carid cuz they matched an ebay offer and since they seemed to have good customer service I trusted them much more than this ebay dealer so I went with them. The guy had terms that didn't seem too friendly like all these restocking fees and cancelation fees plus a whole procedure for if the product was damaged ending with how they won't assist you if you don't do xyz. He counteroffered a fair price but I didn't trust him so I didn't jump on it and when carid matched his price I went with them and got it for 225 shipped leveraging his offer. So he sent a message saying "so were you not really that interested in this spoiler wing?" I'm amazed that some ppl just don't seem to get customer service. I didn't find his demeanor to be that friendly so I sent him a message as follows:

"I will be quite honest with you that I was uncomfortable with your terms as they came off unfriendly with lines like "results in us not being able to assist you" as well as the fees mentioned in your terms. It made it sound like if something came damaged through no fault of my own that I'd be left with a broken item and no assistance if I missed some minor technicality of your terms. Therefore I found you risky and if I'm going to take a risk then I needed it to really be worth my while i.e. a deal I couldn't pass up. I did end up purchasing this spoiler but from someone with more friendly terms, when dealing with someone on the internet customer service is huge. To be quite honest with you even your tone in this message is not very friendly and does not speak well of your customer service. If I hadn't already purchased one or if I had just been busy this message would not have made me want to buy from you vs something like "I was just checking to see if you had made a choice on the spoiler, let me know if I can do anything to help". That is customer service! I get your side of it that shipping is a big cost to you and if you end up dealing with riff raff that jerk you around it is annoying and may cost you money but so does lost sales. I hope you appreciate my candor and find my feedback valuable."
Mods to date: Black ice-olator, Vmax ported throttle body, doug thorley cat back exhaust, cold air inductions intake, rx catch can, vn 805 18" rims, tinted windows-20% in back and 35% in front, SS front bumper,RK sport spoiler painted gloss black, hood spears, gill inserts, trunk blackout, and bowtie blackouts with autobot. Wish list: GM cup and footwell lighting, t2 or t3 bumper (f that price), fender dashes, and...
aron77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #2
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
EBAY is great when it WORKS!! And sh*t when it doesn't << LOL
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:42 PM   #3
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipinminn View Post
EBAY is great when it WORKS!! And sh*t when it doesn't << LOL
now that is a fact
Old 05-09-2012, 05:45 PM   #4
ElementNYC

Drives: 2SS
truth... Ive only had one good experience with Ebay sellers. Then again I've only bought stuff from Ebay 4 times.
ElementNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:51 PM   #5
Ajaxx
Cantafordit

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
.......OK
Old 05-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #6
suplex

Drives: 2011 Coupe, 1LT, A6, No RS Package.
aron77

VERY well written. You were so professional with your response, that should have had an impact on him in that if itself.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:57 PM   #7
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
Well said

Now that was a great response.He will remember it for a good while.I have done a lot of buying and a great deal of selling on EBAY and only had trouble with one individual.In order to preserve my rating I had to bend over and rebate him $50.00 in extortion bucks to resolve the issue.Some people are just BUTT HOLES plain and simple ! Oh well isn't great that most are a pleasure to deal with.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:58 PM   #8
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
I have had good experiences with e-bay and PayPal....so far.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:23 PM   #9
aron77

He emailed back and appreciated my feedback. I feel really good about, maybe i can really help him. I half expected him to cuss me out but now Im glad i took the time.
Mods to date: Black ice-olator, Vmax ported throttle body, doug thorley cat back exhaust, cold air inductions intake, rx catch can, vn 805 18" rims, tinted windows-20% in back and 35% in front, SS front bumper,RK sport spoiler painted gloss black, hood spears, gill inserts, trunk blackout, and bowtie blackouts with autobot. Wish list: GM cup and footwell lighting, t2 or t3 bumper (f that price), fender dashes, and...
Old 05-09-2012, 09:08 PM   #10
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
I don't buy from anyone on ebay that doesn't use paypal.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:57 PM   #11
aron77

I just wanted to report that the guy was very receptive to my email and wants to compare what others are doing so hopefully I helped him. I sent him another email and suggested he become a sponsor on camaro5. If anyone is interested he did have the best price for an rksport spoiler that I could find. http://www.ebay.com/itm/230780153353...S:1123&vxp=mtr