Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-23-2022, 08:08 AM   #1
DonM
Camaro #4

Drives: 2017-Hyper Blue Metallic-2LTmanual
I did a "thing" last night.

In the grand scheme of the world, it's just a little thing, although people who know me are looking at it as a small step towards recovery from a career that has become toxic to the point of being lethal (Thank God the retirement process is in full swing).

I had been a lurker on a local Camaro Club's Facebook page for a few years now. Last night, I attended my first ever meeting and officially joined the club. As of last night, I am officially a member of NEOCC (North-East Ohio Camaro Club).

Now I finally have a group of people that I can actually meet with and talk Camaros until we are all blue in the face, but without boring anyone to death. Like I said, it's just a small thing, but it's a start.
Old 11-23-2022, 08:18 AM   #2
13hotwheels

Drives: 2010 Hennessey HPE550 #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonM View Post
I had been a lurker on a local Camaro Club's Facebook page for a few years now. Last night, I attended my first ever meeting and officially joined the club. As of last night, I am officially a member of NEOCC (North-East Ohio Camaro Club).
It's a very good group of people. There is little doubt Morgan (and Jess) pour their heart and sole into NEOCC. Frankly, all the members we've met all do the same. Get a good rain jacket for the Fall Classic
2010 Hennessey HPE550 #19
13hotwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 11:45 AM   #3
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Shameless plug but im in a Camaro club here in NY called NY5thGEN and I will say, its great to get out with the guys and girls who have a similar passion to talk shop and whatnot. They do all sorts of charity events as well as just lowkey meetups.

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Arogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 05:28 PM   #4
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
you guys are lucky.not much going on here for camaro clubs here in central florida...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 07:54 PM   #5
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Glad you guys can make the club thing work for ya!

I know I've mentioned this before, but I was in the Southern Nevada Camaro Club for roughly a year. They communicate all club activities exclusively on FB. When I announced I was leaving FB and asked to be notified of upcoming events by email, I didn't even get so much as a good bye, FU, nice knowing ya, nothing - and never heard from them again. I wasn't much of a club guy before joining, I'm even less of one now. (Although I had idly thought of joining Aqua Blue's org in Arizona for a minute.)
Old 11-23-2022, 10:08 PM   #6
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danial View Post

I know I've mentioned this before, but I was in the Southern Nevada Camaro Club for roughly a year. They communicate all club activities exclusively on FB. When I announced I was leaving FB and asked to be notified of upcoming events by email, I didn't even get so much as a good bye, FU, nice knowing ya, nothing - and never heard from them again. I wasn't much of a club guy before joining, I'm even less of one now. (Although I had idly thought of joining Aqua Blue's org in Arizona for a minute.)
Lol funny you mention the AZ club. I had an oh shit moment earlier this week when it dawned on my that I haven’t paid my dues for the year yet. We have a really bad ass run coming up in June, with the National AAFCA club. Should be hundreds of Camaros/Firebirds all running up to pikes peak. I’m excited for that one.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 09:07 AM   #7
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
I used to belong to Camaros and coffee New York till the group eventually died. Had lots of great times riding with them and going to meets and going out to eat. Hopefully I can find another group by me.
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 09:55 AM   #8
DonM
Camaro #4

Drives: 2017-Hyper Blue Metallic-2LTmanual
I guess I got lucky in that NEOCC has been around for over 20 years and shows no signs of dying out. The current President has 'been in office, ' I believe over 17 years. Some of the Club's Sponsors include a large local Chevrolet Dealership and Summit Racing as well.

A big plus is that it's VERY local to me. The monthly meetings are held at a restaurant less that 1/2 mile from my house. Annual dues are $15 for your initial year and $10 per year after that, definitely NOT a bank breaker.

But best of all, it's a pretty large group with members located in states all around me, but a majority of the members are local enough for me to meet up with and talk cars/Camaros to my heart's content. THAT PART is the "bonus" for my wife ... me Going Somewhere Else to talk cars ...
Old 11-24-2022, 10:00 AM   #9
Danial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Lol funny you mention the AZ club. I had an oh shit moment earlier this week when it dawned on my that I haven’t paid my dues for the year yet. We have a really bad ass run coming up in June, with the National AAFCA club. Should be hundreds of Camaros/Firebirds all running up to pikes peak. I’m excited for that one.
Man, you guys are going to have a blast with that run! Pics man!
Old 11-24-2022, 10:42 AM   #10
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
I belong to the Lehigh Valley Camaro Club. I have been a member for 30 years. We started the Camaro Nationals in 1999 at Carlisle, PA. It has moved a couple of times, now it is in Morgantown, PA for it's 23rd year. This year there were 500 registered Camaro's that attended. Next year, the 24th year, it will probably be 600 attending.

https://www.camaronationals.org
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 08:03 PM   #11
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danial View Post

I'm with you, joined a local Camaro club for a year. Great bunch of people but I don't do the FB thing and that seemed to be 99% of the communications. So I was out and like you never heard from them again.
Old 11-25-2022, 03:13 AM   #12
Danial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tajefe Couple View Post
I'm with you, joined a local Camaro club for a year. Great bunch of people but I don't do the FB thing and that seemed to be 99% of the communications. So I was out and like you never heard from them again.
That's a bummer. I don't get it. It's not like these groups have people banging on their doors to join up. You'd think they would be a little more interested in maintaining membership, but apparently not.
Old 11-25-2022, 08:04 AM   #13
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Wish we had a club here.
Sadly our cars and coffee is on FB and if I were I would be in jail all the time.
Something about getting old and expecting free speech maybe?

Meh, smiling while throwing grenades never gets old.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 09:58 AM   #14
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
I feel for you guys who are stuck with the FB group BS. I don’t have one and haven’t for over 10 years. FB and all those other similar platforms can kiss my ass.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is online now   Reply With Quote