Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 11:14 AM   #57
Never2LowChevy
Banned

Drives: bagged 4 door dually on 22s
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlaZ View Post
Woohoo, sounds good to me.

And for all you do it yourselfers for the lighting across the dash, streetglow has your solution but idk if it will match the factory color exactly. http://streetglow.com/site/accessories.elwire10.php
I have used the same stuff to do "ambiant lighting" in a few peoples cars and when done RIGHT and TASTEFULLY it looks very much like the pictures on the Camaro website did. And unlike GM you can make it come on when YOU want it to and not when they think is right. Just order an extra factory switch from the parts counter and install it on the dash or uder the dash. Like my sig sais, stock sucks.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:26 AM   #58
AJC

Drives: coupe
The only time you look at the doors is when you open it.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:30 AM   #59
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post

Our goal was to have the look of the early rendering (and it was just a rendering -- never an announced feature), but there were a couple of issues with execution. In the end, a desire to have the highest quality look, fit and feel for the interior won out (which is the way it should be). I know some will be disappointed, but I still think in the end we have the best in class interior.
I really think this is the true case. In the end we will all be glad GM didn't try to force something that would have compromised the reputation of the new Camaro.

You guys are all fun. ALL of you. The arguements and spats and fits are because we're all so passionate about this car. That's a good thing. (the passionate part)

Can't wait to see pics of the final interior. Especialy the IO
Old 02-26-2009, 11:33 AM   #60
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbotsfordtat View Post
...I'm grateful they finally let us know.
Same here. Communication goes a long way!
Old 02-26-2009, 11:42 AM   #61
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Although as I said before I am dissapointed in this issue, in a way it is saving me money since I am for certain getting a 1SS instead of the 2SS now.. I just don't see how the interior is going to look good with only the doors lit up with LED's and not the dash. If anything, it would look more normal to not have them on the doors and only have them on the dash.. Oh well, I'm sure we will see lots of aftermarket LED's or fiber optic kits for the Camaro in the future, and I think by next year they will get this working..
Old 02-26-2009, 11:46 AM   #62
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
You guys are all fun. ALL of you. The arguements and spats and fits are because we're all so passionate about this car. That's a good thing. (the passionate part)
That's what makes this website so different from all the others. You get everyone's views on something, both the good and the bad. Most of the regulars here appreciate that fact but others are either offended or intolerable of views that don't agree with their own.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:48 AM   #63
LDGn63

Drives: WNABEE
i've always thought the dash lights might be a little distracting, but i'm not sure it will look good only on the doors.... i'm sure GM wouldnt let it look stupid just to check the ABL box.
that means that the mirror is 38.75% the size of the vertical windshield...
it sure seems like the ratio could be better... just sayin....

our collective MIRROR patch:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24612
Old 02-26-2009, 12:19 PM   #64
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Although as I said before I am dissapointed in this issue, in a way it is saving me money since I am for certain getting a 1SS instead of the 2SS now.. I just don't see how the interior is going to look good with only the doors lit up with LED's and not the dash. If anything, it would look more normal to not have them on the doors and only have them on the dash.. Oh well, I'm sure we will see lots of aftermarket LED's or fiber optic kits for the Camaro in the future, and I think by next year they will get this working..

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 02-26-2009, 12:24 PM   #65
Supermans

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDGn63 View Post
i've always thought the dash lights might be a little distracting, but i'm not sure it will look good only on the doors.... i'm sure GM wouldnt let it look stupid just to check the ABL box.
It is easy to picture how only having the doors lit up would look like since the molding for the car and the panels are staying the same clear plastic we've seen (with only a month till production can it change to anything else?).. And I think most people will simply turn or dim ABL on the doors down to nothing since it won't be anything special if its not across the dash as well).. It would be better if the lighting was not in the panels on the door but perhaps behind the door handle or door compartment (somewhere useful) but to have the panels lit up blue and the rest of the dash panels remain the clear plastic with blue behind it (or worse a flat painted blue or orange) makes no sense. With less than a month before production starts, we all need to see pictures of what ABL will look like in the Camaro to have piece of mind for those who ordered a 2SS.. The cloth on the 1SS that matches the two tone colors on the seats looks good in grey and beige. However I wonder how it will look on the 2SS now (to clarify I mean the texture or look of the panels)

Last edited by Supermans; 02-26-2009 at 12:35 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:43 PM   #66
dbotsfordtat

Drives: 2016 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
That's what makes this website so different from all the others. You get everyone's views on something, both the good and the bad. Most of the regulars here appreciate that fact but others are either offended or intolerable of views that don't agree with their own.
Absolutely agreed, you get one or two folks being d*cks and it stiffles opinions / information.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:53 PM   #67
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDGn63 View Post
correct me if I am wrong but I thought in the origonal video Chevy had posted then took off the dash portion faded out and just left the doors lit anyway...
Old 02-26-2009, 01:12 PM   #68
Supermans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
correct me if I am wrong but I thought in the origonal video Chevy had posted then took off the dash portion faded out and just left the doors lit anyway...
No, the whole dash and doors where fading in and out at the same time..There is a video of an orange interior lighting where the whole thing flickers on and off on youtube..

Last edited by Supermans; 02-26-2009 at 01:28 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:22 PM   #69
fad1

Drives: Future 5th gen Camaro
Thanks Scotty, like always, two thumbs up.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:30 PM   #70
1_2Many

Drives: 2008 Suzuki SX4
Well, it's nice to hear and everything, but we are going to need new interior pictures here. Our cars will be here soon and it would sure be nice to know what we are buying.

Let's see this "doors only" lighting GM. If you are afraid to show us then I'm afraid of what else you're hiding. I've been itching to buy GM stock, but with shady things like this happening I'm reluctant...not a sign of strength by any means.

Closed Thread