Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 04-04-2013, 10:33 PM   #1
Kgarner1624

Drives: 13' BRM ZL1 A6
how much are my wheels worth?

i have the upgraded 21'' black factory wheels with the chrome ring around the outside. I was really contemplating buying some different wheels but need to know how much i can get out of my current ones. thanks in advance.
Kgarner1624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:37 PM   #2
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
It really just depends on whatever the buyer is willing to pay. The 21's aren't too popular because tires are soooo expensive for them. I've seen them sell for as low as $250 a set and up from there.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:40 PM   #3
Kgarner1624

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtrimpi87 View Post
It really just depends on whatever the buyer is willing to pay. The 21's aren't too popular because tires are soooo expensive for them. I've seen them sell for as low as $250 a set and up from there.
Well thats not very good news! haha
Old 04-04-2013, 10:45 PM   #4
BAWLZ SS

Drives: '10 Camaro LS3 2SS/RS, 1968 Nova
Yeah i agree, they will sell for whatever the buyer is willing to pay. I have the same Black 21's from factoryand i love the rims just not the price of the tires when it comes time to replace the. I just bought another set of wheels (20's) and im just keeping my 21's. I rather keep them instead of getting whatever people are willing to pay for them which most likely wont be much.
Performance- Kooks Headers w/HF cats, ZL1 Corsa exhaust, VMax, CAI Inc. CAI, MGW shifter, RX CC Suspension - KW V3 Coilovers/ Full PFADT & BMR suspension Appearance - ZL1 Fascia/Sides/ Diffuser, AAC Afterburners, RK Sport 3pc Spoiler, SLP Black out Kit
BAWLZ SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:50 PM   #5
Kgarner1624

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAWLZ SS View Post
Yeah i agree, they will sell for whatever the buyer is willing to pay. I have the same Black 21's from factoryand i love the rims just not the price of the tires when it comes time to replace the. I just bought another set of wheels (20's) and im just keeping my 21's. I rather keep them instead of getting whatever people are willing to pay for them which most likely wont be much.
Yeah im really interested in some 20s, i have the money for them but i was gonna sell my current wheels and buy some factory ground effects. I cant imagine paying $1000 for just my back tires.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:58 PM   #6
BAWLZ SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgarner1624 View Post
Yeah im really interested in some 20s, i have the money for them but i was gonna sell my current wheels and buy some factory ground effects. I cant imagine paying $1000 for just my back tires.
Yeah same her so thats why i just ended up buying a different set. Again i will be keeping my 21's. Forgeline makes some awsome wheels and HRE has just some gorgeous sets too. Both are super light and forged. Top quality. If i had the $ thats what i would get.
Performance- Kooks Headers w/HF cats, ZL1 Corsa exhaust, VMax, CAI Inc. CAI, MGW shifter, RX CC Suspension - KW V3 Coilovers/ Full PFADT & BMR suspension Appearance - ZL1 Fascia/Sides/ Diffuser, AAC Afterburners, RK Sport 3pc Spoiler, SLP Black out Kit
Old 04-04-2013, 11:07 PM   #7
Kgarner1624

Quote:
Yeah same her so thats why i just ended up buying a different set. Again i will be keeping my 21's. Forgeline makes some awsome wheels and HRE has just some gorgeous sets too. Both are super light and forged. Top quality. If i had the $ thats what i would get.
Those HRE wheels are a little spendy! I was looking at a set of replica ZL1 wheels for in the $700-$1000 range but ive read that might not be the right move.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:39 PM   #8
BAWLZ SS

Question

Quote:
Those HRE wheels are a little spendy! I was looking at a set of replica ZL1 wheels for in the $700-$1000 range but ive read that might not be the right move.
The HRE's are pricey! But they are Bad Azz to say the least in my opinion. Thats what i went with.. The ZL1 replicas. Why might that not be the right move?
Old 04-04-2013, 11:43 PM   #9
Kgarner1624

Quote:
The HRE's are pricey! But they are Bad Azz to say the least in my opinion. Thats what i went with.. The ZL1 replicas. Why might that not be the right move?
Because the replicas are supposedly "cheaply made". I really don't know but that kinda ways heavy on the final decision. They are the black ones with silver tips, I would love some 10 spoke zl1 wheels but those are impossible to get ahold of!
Old 04-05-2013, 12:07 AM   #10
BAWLZ SS

Quote:
Because the replicas are supposedly "cheaply made". I really don't know but that kinda ways heavy on the final decision. They are the black ones with silver tips, I would love some 10 spoke zl1 wheels but those are impossible to get ahold of!
Those replica wheels i belive are made in China but so are our factory Camaro wheels. They are marked inside on the barrel of the wheel. "Made in China" China like everyone else makes cheap stuff and higher quality stuff like our factory wheels. Them replicas seem to have very good craftsmanship. There is no official weight yet but they are estimating that the will be within 1-3 lbs heavier compared th the ZL1 GM wheels. Not bad if u ask me for about half the price. Biggest difference is that the ZL1 GM wheels are forged compared to the pressure cast replicas. When was the last time u heard a wheel braking or cracking or falling apart by just driving or doing some real track laps.? Cant remember the last time i heard of that happening. Forged wheels are not necessary unles ur aputting them on a track built car or do some serious road racing type of stuff. Factory wheels should be able to hadle ur normal driving and weekend fun with no problem. If only daily driving with forged wheels its like changing ur motor oil every 1,000 miles on ur car. Its not necessary. A bit of an overkill but sure would be nice to have them tho! Lol
Old 04-05-2013, 12:19 AM   #11
Kgarner1624

Quote:
Those replica wheels i belive are made in China but so are our factory Camaro wheels. They are marked inside on the barrel of the wheel. "Made in China" China like everyone else makes cheap stuff and higher quality stuff like our factory wheels. Them replicas seem to have very good craftsmanship. There is no official weight yet but they are estimating that the will be within 1-3 lbs heavier compared th the ZL1 GM wheels. Not bad if u ask me for about half the price. Biggest difference is that the ZL1 GM wheels are forged compared to the pressure cast replicas. When was the last time u heard a wheel braking or cracking or falling apart by just driving or doing some real track laps.? Cant remember the last time i heard of that happening. Forged wheels are not necessary unles ur aputting them on a track built car or do some serious road racing type of stuff. Factory wheels should be able to hadle ur normal driving and weekend fun with no problem. If only daily driving with forged wheels its like changing ur motor oil every 1,000 miles on ur car. Its not necessary. A bit of an overkill but sure would be nice to have them tho! Lol
Yeah defiantly not gonna make my car into a full time track car! Lol. I'd probably get the bf Goodrich sport comp 2s and the final price for tires and wheels comes to around 17 or 18 hundred bucks. Not too bad if you ask me1
Old 04-05-2013, 12:30 AM   #12
BAWLZ SS

Quote:
Yeah defiantly not gonna make my car into a full time track car! Lol. I'd probably get the bf Goodrich sport comp 2s and the final price for tires and wheels comes to around 17 or 18 hundred bucks. Not too bad if you ask me1
The ZL1 replicas wheels are $1695 (wheels only) and then u still need air pressure sensors, and tires and im getting some gorilla wheel locks also. locks are like $80 plus $200 for wheel sensors + Michelin Pilot Super Sports (tires i want) another $1,500. Around $3,500 for me. U can get less expensive tires but for what i use my car for i needbthe grip lol.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:33 AM   #13
BAWLZ SS

Quote:
When choosing tires just remeber that u get tires that stay within a half an inch in tire height from front to back. Ok otherwise ull get some lights come up on ur dash. ABS and traction control i belive.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:16 AM   #14
nightmarechevy

Drives: 10 2SS/RS M6
My window sticker shows $4865 as the option cost of the 21s but as said above, it all depends on what someone is willing to pay. Odd size tires are usually quite a bit more expensive so many people may be hesitant to buy them.
2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6 - Vararam, VMAX PTB, Solo Mach X, MGW, Street Slayer twin carbon, Tick stainless line and remote bleeder, GTO reservoir, 20" Verde Axis V99, R1 Concepts d/s rotors, CGM heritage grille, Texas Speed 2" long tubes
nightmarechevy is offline   Reply With Quote