Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-11-2012, 09:28 AM   #1
C-redfly

Drives: 2013 VR vert ZL1
Anyone color match the zl1 insert?

Considering this
C-redfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:17 AM   #2
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
It's the black, gray or C/F mohawk insert that makes the hood standout. I suggest if anyone wants to do this, sell your ZL1 hood to someone that appreciates it for the way it is and go buy an SS hood. They are painted all one color from the factory. I believe there was one guy on here that repainted his entire Z including the hood. It is all white with blue accents if I remember correctly.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:21 AM   #3
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
There is one guy with an IOM, that he painted the extractor and stripe white. Looks pretty good, you can find his pics in the IOM color section ...

Post #80

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=217755&page=4
Old 10-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #4
C-redfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
It's the black, gray or C/F mohawk insert that makes the hood standout. I suggest if anyone wants to do this, sell your ZL1 hood to someone that appreciates it for the way it is and go buy an SS hood. They are painted all one color from the factory. I believe there was one guy on here that repainted his entire Z including the hood. It is all white with blue accents if I remember correctly.
Yea your right, it's stands out and looks great from the factory
Old 10-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #5
mgaspari

Drives: Camaro rs 2lt IBM
how about a silver ice mettalic or grey insert for my IBM, i think the silver would look pretty sick DD
mgaspari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:04 PM   #6
C-redfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgaspari View Post
how about a silver ice mettalic or grey insert for my IBM, i think the silver would look pretty sick DD
Agreed.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:17 PM   #7
silverds
2015 SS 6M

Drives: 2015 SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-redfly View Post
Considering this
Mine is color matched but not by choice. My ZL1 is Ashen Gray Metallic (RPO code GLJ). When my allocation came up, only the GLJ painted insert was available due to constraint on the Exposed CF. I accepted the allocation anyway.

Before I'd seen it in person, I was extremely anxious to do whatever I could to make it stand out but I don't hate it matched, as much as I anticipated.

There are a bunch of pics in this post that illustrate that the the car looks just as tough with the matched insert.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...4&postcount=87

Last edited by silverds; 10-11-2012 at 02:08 PM.
silverds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:11 PM   #8
ZL1 Spoked

Drives: Camaro ZL1
No way. The Carbon Fiber is the best look out there! Do you have a ZL1 or are you trying to clone/replicate one?

604 RWHP 602 LBS/TQ
ZL1 Spoked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #9
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Considering that the ZL1 hood is specially engineered to provide a cooling flow improvement over the SS hood and help generate down force.... replacing it would be stupid. That hood is engineered that way for performance, not just looks.

If you want to color match it, go for it. It's your car.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #10
C-redfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 Spoked View Post
No way. The Carbon Fiber is the best look out there! Do you have a ZL1 or are you trying to clone/replicate one?
Sorry if I offend you but I am currently cloning a ZL1. I love the car, I have enough money for the note but I still want to enjoy life and have my spending money and I pay mortgage and bills alone so I won't be getting one. I won't be putting any ZL1 badges on it though.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:04 PM   #11
C-redfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin45 View Post
Considering that the ZL1 hood is specially engineered to provide a cooling flow improvement over the SS hood and help generate down force.... replacing it would be stupid. That hood is engineered that way for performance, not just looks.

If you want to color match it, go for it. It's your car.
Yea I'm gonna try the all red insert.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #12
ZL1 Spoked

Drives: Camaro ZL1
No worries, enjoy your car! Were you thinking of color matching the insert?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-redfly View Post
Sorry if I offend you but I am currently cloning a ZL1. I love the car, I have enough money for the note but I still want to enjoy life and have my spending money and I pay mortgage and bills alone so I won't be getting one. I won't be putting any ZL1 badges on it though.

604 RWHP 602 LBS/TQ
ZL1 Spoked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #13
C-redfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 Spoked View Post
No worries, enjoy your car! Were you thinking of color matching the insert?
I saw you got a ZR1 as well. Your the man, enjoy them and drive the heck out of them. Congrats

Yea I was thinking al red to match the car since I got all the bow ties and camaro badges matched red.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:47 PM   #14
C-redfly

All*