Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-16-2010, 05:55 AM   #57
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Freak View Post
Looks like the shifter I had in my 71 Camaro!! Thats cool!! Where can we get this at??
You guys can get it here at this site. These guys have been bringing their Camaro and Challenger to a number of Charlotte Cars & Coffee events and one of our club meets. I also saw them at The Auto Fair at the Charlotte Speedway a couple weeks ago.

Here is a direct link to the Camaro they have:

http://tommypike.com/index.php/mad600

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:59 AM   #58
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
wow $900? They're smoking some serious crack if they think people are going to be shelling out that kind of money on a shifter. $200 maybe but, that's pushing it.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:53 AM   #59
shroomjohn

Drives: Golden Eagle
are we sure that doesnt include the transmission 2
Old 09-17-2010, 12:56 PM   #60
superproducer

Drives: No Camaro Yet
I called them and spoke to Tommy. It's $699 not $900. He had no idea where that $900 price came from. You'll need to send them your core once you put the new shifter in. He said the price reflects the time it takes for them to put it together. They are custom made by hand. He said they can paint the cover to match your car or an accent color. I think he said they could chrome it too. He said they will also have pics up soon with the gears listed on the cover. The shifter is up on their website tommypikecustoms.com

Neat piece. Very retro
superproducer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:23 PM   #61
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
Oh... $700... much better. NOT! Still crazy. I could buy enough parts to do this myself at the shop at work, screw it up about 12 times until I got it right, and still come out cheaper than $700. Does he charge about $150/hour for his work? In any case, he may get a few hard core people with more money than sense to buy these but, I'm not gonna be one of them. I'm sure it's of the highest quality and I'm not dogging the guy's work as it looks fantastic. $700 for a shifter though? Get real.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:45 PM   #62
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by superproducer View Post
I called them and spoke to Tommy. It's $699 not $900. He had no idea where that $900 price came from. You'll need to send them your core once you put the new shifter in. He said the price reflects the time it takes for them to put it together. They are custom made by hand. He said they can paint the cover to match your car or an accent color. I think he said they could chrome it too. He said they will also have pics up soon with the gears listed on the cover. The shifter is up on their website tommypikecustoms.com

Neat piece. Very retro
Why do they need the core?

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 05:21 PM   #63
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Why do they need the core?
I am sure they use many of the parts from the old shifter in making the new ones so instead of having to buy new parts and raising the price even more it helps keep the prices down...even though $699 is still too high for me..
Old 09-18-2010, 09:48 PM   #64
Tiberious
Old '71 Owner

Drives: 11 Camaro Vert;97 Malibu;03 Venture
Sorry about the price error, that's what I saw somewhere...guess I should've left that out. Thanks to me for posting the link though
Tiberious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:21 AM   #65
Jefe's SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM L99
$699 is a bit pricey especially considering there's also a core charge. Especially since it's purely cosmetic.
Jefe's SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:42 AM   #66
Tommy Pike Customs

Drives: 2010 TPC Camaro
We heard this was being discussed and thought we should chime in. We're not a forum vendor yet so I want to be careful how this addressed. The price and style may not be for everyone. For those who love the nostalgia of the Camaro, the shifter is great. For those the like the modern edge of the Camaro, this probably isn't for you. As for price, we have tried to keep it down but there are costs associated with a custom piece like this. Again, we know this isn't for everyone, but those that want something like this, I can guarantee you won't be disappointed.

Thanks
TPC
Tommy Pike Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:03 PM   #67
Tommy Pike Customs

We'll have pictures up with the gears listed this week
Old 11-13-2010, 07:19 PM   #68
nachocheese

Drives: 1LT RS, SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Pike Customs View Post
We'll have pictures up with the gears listed this week
Bump for pics. Seems like this would be more realistic at around $400. That would put you a little higher than what the Hurst supposedly will be. You could certainly justify the higher price due to the hand-made factor. Ultimately, things are worth what people will pay for them, not what you put in them (I've recently gotten that lecture from my realtor). I don't think you will sell any at that price. But then again, what do I know? Looks great though, congrats on a cool product.
nachocheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:40 PM   #69
subzero05
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 tbd
handle is cool idea,but that plate/cover doesn;t work for my taste
subzero05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:05 AM   #70
Tommy Pike Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachocheese View Post
Bump for pics. Seems like this would be more realistic at around $400. That would put you a little higher than what the Hurst supposedly will be. You could certainly justify the higher price due to the hand-made factor. Ultimately, things are worth what people will pay for them, not what you put in them (I've recently gotten that lecture from my realtor). I don't think you will sell any at that price. But then again, what do I know? Looks great though, congrats on a cool product.
Thanks. We actually had someone for Norway buy one so with shipping and the added core charge he's paying around $1,100 for it. It's not for everyone I'll agree. For those that want a touch of nostalgia it's great. Seems like everytime we get a batch together they're gone. Sorry we haven't got the updated pics up with the gears. I'll try for that this week.