Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-16-2013, 05:05 AM   #4859
Zieke
Camaro Deprived

Drives: 78 Camaro, 00 Tahoe, 10 Cobalt
Send a message via MSN to Zieke
I also have one more question. attached are two pictures. one of a M4 i found on google. the other with the quick editing is mine. It seems as the parts highlighted on mine are not as they should be. I'm not good on part lingo, but the circular piece just before the main body of the gun looks as if its not straight. is that ok? i can't find any other picture online where its crooked. only mine. Help please.
Attached Images

Joined Active Navy: 10-28-08
Zieke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:19 AM   #4860
Zieke
Camaro Deprived

Ok, so im going to leave that last post up there. its way too late and i've been up for too long, didnt even realize i was looking at the darn handguard slipspring haha. so y'all enjoy my stupidity for what its worth.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:51 AM   #4861
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zieke View Post
Ok, so im going to leave that last post up there. its way too late and i've been up for too long, didnt even realize i was looking at the darn handguard slipspring haha. so y'all enjoy my stupidity for what its worth.
Push it forward... You won't break anything

FYI it's called a delta ring. Behind it is a weld spring.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:45 AM   #4862
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Ok, to break up the political fire that we all love to hate on, I'd like to ask the more experienced and knowledgeable here if i could get some help with some info.

I just purchased a Colt M4 LE6920 and im looking to get some magazines and would like to get a good simple scope for it as well. Such as a 3.4x or something like that. Would really like to get the set up that has the scope and the holographic site together but the scope can swivel over out of the way. A friend of mine was talking about that a little while ago. I live in Hawaii too. so i gotta deal with their insane rules too. but I'm from Idaho and i shoot a lot when i get the chance to go home now and then.

Oh, and on that note. Does anyone know if there's anything stopping me legally from taking my gun home on vacation from hawaii to idaho and then back? Can't really find anything that clearly states weather i can or can not.

Thank you all!!!
There are lots of scope/holo/red dot optic combinations you can use. The two most popular are Aimpoint and EOtech. Just browse through their sites. Both of their 3x scopes can be used with either a flip-to-the-side or twist-off mount.

As far as taking your gun from one state to another, no issues. You just have to make sure to call the airline to ask what you have to do to check a firearm with you for a flight. The only time it would be an issue, is if you were traveling from a "free state" to a "komunist state". The gun still has to meet the requirements of the state you are shooting it in.

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #4863
kalimus

Well I just made another purchase, so in California "gun jail" is a Sig Sauer P220 full stainless waiting for me. Only 10 days.....

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
Old 03-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #4864
Mr pogo

Drives: 96 Imp SS, 13 Camaro 2SS AGM
Quote:
take the handguards off and trim any flashing leftover from when they were made.
you want to eliminate the gap seen in your pic between the handguard halves so the delta ring fits better.
Mr pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:28 PM   #4865
Zieke
Camaro Deprived

Thanks everyone. After my last post i pulled the delta ring back and re adjusted it. looks and fits just fine now. guess it was just "off" a little bit.

and thanks kalimus, i'll most likely go with EoTech. used their products before and have always heard good things about them.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:44 PM   #4866
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
Here's the canned "we read the subject line of your email" response from POTUS. I'd like everyone to pay particular attention to sentence one of paragraph two. Tell me what you see wrong there

Dear XXX:

Thank you for taking the time to write. I have heard from many Americans regarding firearms policy and gun violence in our Nation, and I appreciate your perspective. From Aurora to Newtown to the streets of Chicago, we have seen the devastating effects gun violence has on our American family. I join countless others in grieving for all those whose lives have been taken too soon by gun violence.

Like the majority of Americans, I believe the Second Amendment guarantees an individual right to bear arms. In this country, we have a strong tradition of gun ownership that has been handed down from generation to generation. Hunting and sport shooting are part of our national heritage. Yet, even as we acknowledge that almost all gun owners in America are responsible, when we look at the devastation caused by gun violence—whether in high-profile tragedies or the daily heartbreak that plagues our cities—we must ask ourselves whether we are doing enough.

While reducing gun violence is a complicated challenge, protecting our children from harm should not be a divisive one. Most gun owners agree that we can respect the Second Amendment while keeping an irresponsible, law-breaking few from inflicting harm on a massive scale. Most also agree that if we took commonsense steps to curtail gun violence, there would be fewer atrocities like the one that occurred in Newtown. We will not be able to stop every violent act, but if there is even one thing we can do to reduce gun violence—if even one life can be saved—then we have an obligation to try.

That is why I asked Vice President Joe Biden to identify concrete steps we can take to keep our children safe, help prevent mass shootings, and reduce the broader epidemic of gun violence in this country. He met with over 200 groups representing a broad cross-section of Americans and heard their best ideas. I have put forward a specific set of proposals based off of his efforts, and in the days ahead, I intend to use whatever weight this office holds to make them a reality.

My plan gives law enforcement, schools, mental health professionals, and the public health community some of the tools they need to help reduce gun violence. These tools include strengthening the background check system, helping schools hire more resource officers and counselors and develop emergency preparedness plans, and ensuring mental health professionals know their options for reporting threats of violence. And I directed the Centers for Disease Control to study the best ways to reduce gun violence—because it is critical that we understand the science behind this public health crisis.

As important as these steps are, they are not a substitute for action from Congress. To make a real and lasting difference, members of Congress must also act. As part of my comprehensive plan, I have called on them to pass some specific proposals right away. First, it is time to require a universal background check for anyone trying to buy a gun. Second, Congress should renew the 10-round limit on magazines and reinstate and strengthen the assault weapons ban. We should get tougher on those who buy guns with the purpose of selling them to criminals, and we should impose serious punishments on anyone who helps them do this.

These are reasonable, commonsense measures that have the support of the majority of the American people. But change will not come unless the American people demand it from their lawmakers. Now is the time to do the right thing for our children, our communities, and the country we love. We owe the victims of heartbreaking national tragedies and the countless unheralded tragedies each year nothing less than our best effort—to seek consensus in order to save lives and ensure a brighter future for our children.

Thank you, again, for writing. I encourage you to visit www.WhiteHouse.gov/NowIsTheTime to learn more about my Administration’s approach.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama
I don't own any guns and this made my blood boil

Last edited by mikeyg36; 03-17-2013 at 12:29 AM.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:27 AM   #4867
Bmatth1162

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS LS3
Anyone know where to find 9mm and .380 in bulk online quickly?? I tried sportsmansguide.com, cheaperthandirt.com, and ALL the local K/Walmarts but all seem to be back ordered for months... Thanks Democrats!

CAI intake, apex scoop, Vmax ported TB, MGW short throw, BMR 1" springs and sways
Bmatth1162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:09 AM   #4868
Bmatth1162

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS LS3
Pistol Grip Vs. Shoulder Stock for home defense

It seems that this debate has been going on for awhile, but I have a mossberg 500 rolling thunder (pistol grip 12ga) with a laser attached to it's front rail and I am more accurate with this set-up (with pistol grip held a few inches from my face as if a rifle) at a range than I am with my Remington 1187 sporting 12ga. The mossberg is much easier to conceal in a corner/under a bed, very maneuverable, and would be my go-to if (God-forbid) a home intrusion were to occur. However, many shotgun owners say a shoulder stocked shotgun is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY for home defense... Having both an accurate laser and adequate range time with my pistol grip mossberg, I would find my long barreled (but shoulder stocked) 1187 the WRONG choice for home defense... Anyone know why the shoulder stock seems to be the winning choice for home defense? I'm stumped

CAI intake, apex scoop, Vmax ported TB, MGW short throw, BMR 1" springs and sways

Last edited by Bmatth1162; 03-17-2013 at 04:03 AM.
Bmatth1162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:05 AM   #4869
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmatth1162 View Post
Anyone know where to find 9mm and .380 in bulk online quickly?? I tried sportsmansguide.com, cheaperthandirt.com, and ALL the local K/Walmarts but all seem to be back ordered for months... Thanks Democrats!
.380 should be easy to find, 9mm has been scarce around here.

Assume u tried midway, brownells, cabelas gander mountain etc?
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #4870
kalimus

Quote:
Thanks everyone. After my last post i pulled the delta ring back and re adjusted it. looks and fits just fine now. guess it was just "off" a little bit.

and thanks kalimus, i'll most likely go with EoTech. used their products before and have always heard good things about them.
EOTech are good products. I like my Aimpoint, but I'll most likely pick up an EOTech for my next gun. I'd sure like to build a 6.8 SPC....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
I don't own any guns and this made my blood boil
It should. I wish more people would respond like that.

Quote:
Good luck with that. I can find pockets of all kinds of ammunition. Usually in small boxes (20-50), and at least double the price of what it should be. Panic buyers are buying more than they possibly need, and the flippers are being scumbags as well. The best action is simply to not buy anything and let the market re-adjust itself. The longer people keep buying everything they see for these prices, the longer this is going to last. I was lucky to have a thousand rounds or so stocked up, but even that's running low.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:24 PM   #4871
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Good luck with that.

I just got back from a gun show earlier today and even handgun ammo prices have sky rocketed. The cheap Aquila and Tulla ammo is almost $1 a round now for even 9mm and 380 (prices ranged from $40-$45 for a box of 50). I about had a heart attack when I saw a box of 45 ammo priced at $90 for a box of 50.

The only good news is gun prices have really came down drastically since a couple months ago. You can get an AR-15 for less $1,000 now. There was plenty of them priced in the $800-$900 range so they are almost back down to what they was back in the fall.

I did get a kick out of seeing the stack of ammo the police confiscated so far today. There are signs when you fist enter strictly saying "No live ammo allowed." That's always been the rule. There was a lot of people trying to get in with cases of 500 rounds to sale that was being stopped and ammo confiscated.

Last edited by Mr_Draco; 03-17-2013 at 02:34 PM.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:54 PM   #4872
Zieke
Camaro Deprived

Found the problem i was having with the delta ring.
Turns out some glue got into the groove during assembly.
Attached Images

Tags
camaro gun