Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-17-2013, 05:07 PM   #4873
Zieke
Camaro Deprived

Drives: 78 Camaro, 00 Tahoe, 10 Cobalt
Send a message via MSN to Zieke
Upon further inspection i found this nice little addition as well. The glue or assembly of the rifle cracked the handguard.
Attached Images

Joined Active Navy: 10-28-08
Zieke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:11 PM   #4874
Johnny1

Drives: Would only drive GM
To find ammo on the internet go to ammoseek.com or gunbot.net
Johnny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:19 AM   #4875
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zieke View Post
Upon further inspection i found this nice little addition as well. The glue or assembly of the rifle cracked the handguard.
That's crazy. Especially from COLT.

Hopefully they make it right for you
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:25 AM   #4876
mlmvl

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS ZL575
I don't think it matters if you use buckshot as your first couple of rounds. I prefer the shoulder stock but would love the pistol grip for the reason you mention. I have a adjustable tactical stock to make it more compact as well. Bought a Rem 870 20 guage so the wife would feel comfortable shooting it as well. I have a dual flashlight/laser red dot. Thinking that if I blid the possible intruder first the first shot should do the trick. LOL hopefully we won't ever need it.
mlmvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #4877
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Assault weapons ban dropped from Senate gun control bill

The leader of the Democrat-controlled Senate on Tuesday dropped a proposed assault weapons ban from the chamber’s gun-control package – dealing a blow to supporters of the ban, though it could still come up for a vote.
The sponsor of the measure, Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., revealed that Reid told her the proposed ban would not be in the initial package. Feinstein said she's "disappointed" with the decision, and is expected to nevertheless offer it as an amendment.
But the move by Reid to cut it from the main bill signals a lack of congressional support for a proposal that would not only revive, but strengthen, the decade-long ban that expired in 2004.
The proposed ban passed out of committee last week along with three other measures. The other three dealt with providing more school safety aid, expanding federal background checks on potential gun buyers and helping authorities prosecute illegal gun traffickers.
Feinstein has led the gun-control charge since President Obama called for federal legislation in the wake of the Newtown and other mass shootings.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...#ixzz2O0lrBQ80
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #4878
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
The leader of the Democrat-controlled Senate on Tuesday dropped a proposed assault weapons ban from the chamber’s gun-control package – dealing a blow to supporters of the ban, though it could still come up for a vote.
The sponsor of the measure, Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., revealed that Reid told her the proposed ban would not be in the initial package. Feinstein said she's "disappointed" with the decision, and is expected to nevertheless offer it as an amendment.
But the move by Reid to cut it from the main bill signals a lack of congressional support for a proposal that would not only revive, but strengthen, the decade-long ban that expired in 2004.
The proposed ban passed out of committee last week along with three other measures. The other three dealt with providing more school safety aid, expanding federal background checks on potential gun buyers and helping authorities prosecute illegal gun traffickers.
Feinstein has led the gun-control charge since President Obama called for federal legislation in the wake of the Newtown and other mass shootings.

they are, like all Liberals, enemies of the Constitution..they use emotion and tragedy to demand laws to correct behavior, as if government endorses behavior when it does not openly discourage certain behavior... in the Bible it says that crime is in the prohibition of anything.. example: you prohibit guns, you get more crime..
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #4879
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:

Throw the whole damn thing out. Gun control is so stupid...
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:48 PM   #4880
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Gun control has nothing to do with guns. They should just label it what it really is:

People Control

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:54 PM   #4881
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Gun control has nothing to do with guns. They should just label it what it really is:

People Control
Remember, guns don't kill people... Ray Lewis kills people.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:52 PM   #4882
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post

People Control

Old 03-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #4883
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:

Can someone with better Google Foo than mine own link me to the rest of the proposed legislation that they ARE going to try put through?
Old 03-19-2013, 03:21 PM   #4884
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
Can someone with better Google Foo than mine own link me to the rest of the proposed legislation that they ARE going to try put through?
A couple things I know they are trying to put in the bill are they are trying to require all gun sales to go through a background check. Currently rifle and shotgun sales doesn't require a background check and if you have a CCL you don't need to have one done. They are trying to change both of these as well as make background checks tougher to pass.

Also they are trying to eliminate private sales by requiring them to also do a background check. A private sale done without one will fall under the new gun trafficking law and will be punishable by 25 years in prison.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #4885
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
Full text and summary....

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/publ...ssault-weapons

EDIT: Full text link not currently working.

By the way I threw up in my mouth a little bit just going to that site. You owe me one......
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:09 PM   #4886
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Hey Guys,

My first time posting on this thread on C5. I Have attached some photo's of some of my favorite toys. The Judge is a crazy, yet great Idea. Fires 45 Long Colt and .410 shotgun for those not familiar. They do not make a long enough grip, so I picked up the Hogue Grip made for the other Taurus and found a long enough hex screw to work. Fits like a glove now, much easier to fire, especially with the 12 lb trigger pull, when firing double action.

I like my GLOCK 19, and my Makarov Bulgarian Special Edition .380, but they PALE in comparison to my Kimber Ultra Carry II Stainless. .45ACP is the way to go in a small weapon. This thing is a Ferrari. It is designed and built like fine wine. Fires like a dream, accurate 40ft out, Night Sites, easy to clean. All I need is a crimson trace green laser grip when it comes out and I am set. The tolerances on this gun manufacturing is like the body panels on a Ferrari......TIGHT. Hands down my favorite, carry, home defense, anytime. And .45 cal will do the job without wasting too much precious ammo.......after all you can protect yourself with a coat hanger if you want a fight, or you can knock an attacker on their butt with one shot.
Attached Images

Tags
camaro gun