Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-07-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
Jrichards73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
Flex or Pc

Been looking at this for a while and it seems the Flex works better than the PC, but does it work $180 dollars better? Would a little more time with the PC accomplish the same results or no? Looking to buy a kit from Adam, finding the price a little tough to swallow as it will probably only get used once, maybe twice a year? Ok who am I kidding, probably once a year.... The swirls are driving me nuts....

Yes I searched but

Updates: BTR Stage 2 VVT Cam Kit w/Smith Brothers Trunnions, Fluidampr, RX catch can, B&M Trans pan mod, Kooks Black Headers, Borla S-tunes, Eibach Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers and Swaybars, BMR Full Bushing kit with Toe and Trailing arms, RB Rotors w/EBC Pads, GForce 1400 Axles (now on order). AVH-X5800BHS in Scosche GM5201AB.
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:03 PM   #2
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
The flex is capable of taking out slightly deeper imperfections and will accomplish it faster. It's also slightly less paint safe, but still primarily a safe tool.

For reference, I have always used a PC and have never thought "Man I wish I had a flex"

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-07-2013, 06:08 PM   #3
Jrichards73

thats what I wanted to hear! If I was going to use it a ton the easier part might be would be worth it. Hard to find time to drive it much less polish it....

Updates: BTR Stage 2 VVT Cam Kit w/Smith Brothers Trunnions, Fluidampr, RX catch can, B&M Trans pan mod, Kooks Black Headers, Borla S-tunes, Eibach Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers and Swaybars, BMR Full Bushing kit with Toe and Trailing arms, RB Rotors w/EBC Pads, GForce 1400 Axles (now on order). AVH-X5800BHS in Scosche GM5201AB.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
Jrichards73

Read your review and you ARE all over the map, now if you could put all that in a bucket......

Old 04-07-2013, 06:18 PM   #5
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrichards73 View Post
Read your review and you ARE all over the map, now if you could put all that in a bucket......
Huh?

Old 04-07-2013, 06:23 PM   #6
Jrichards73

Sorry, this http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275418 , like you said you get stuff from everywhere, and it would be sweet for time challanged individuals like myself to get it all in one place. AKA put it in a bucket, because it seems everywhere you go they are selling car wash stuff in a bucket these days....

Old 04-07-2013, 06:23 PM   #7
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
thats what I wanted to hear! If I was going to use it a ton the easier part might be would be worth it. Hard to find time to drive it much less polish it....
For your application, the PC, UDM, or Griot's is more than enough. The learning curve on the flex seems to be a bit steeper than the PC. As junkman says, the only way to hurt your paint with a PC is to grab it by the cord and swing it into your car door.

Price out the kit at Adams, then see if you can find everything cheaper from elsewhere. I've found that most online places sell the machine at a premium.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:31 PM   #8
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Sorry, this http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275418 , like you said you get stuff from everywhere, and it would be sweet for time challanged individuals like myself to get it all in one place. AKA put it in a bucket, because it seems everywhere you go they are selling car wash stuff in a bucket these days....
Oh gotcha.

Old 04-07-2013, 06:31 PM   #9
Jrichards73

Home depot sells the PC for the least, so I will get that there. The kits at Adams just makes the whole process easier from a beginners perspective. Now if CamaroDreams07 could just take care of my car we would be in business, but until then I'm done with the christmas gift 10" polisher that does nothing....

Actual that is probably where I got the scratches, that an the dealers stupid car wash....

Old 04-07-2013, 06:37 PM   #10
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Get griots instead of a porter cable. Same price. I've had both and the griots is a superior machine. But a porter cable works, no doubting that.

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:38 PM   #11
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Home depot sells the PC for the least, so I will get that there. The kits at Adams just makes the whole process easier from a beginners perspective. Now if CamaroDreams07 could just take care of my car we would be in business, but until then I'm done with the christmas gift 10" polisher that does nothing....

Actual that is probably where I got the scratches, that an the dealers stupid car wash....
Hey I've never been to Virginia and I like vacations

Old 04-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #12
Jrichards73

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
Get griots instead of a porter cable. Same price. I've had both and the griots is a superior machine. But a porter cable works, no doubting that.
Will it work with the Adams pads?

Might be a dumb question, they just say designed for the Porter Cable....

Last edited by Jrichards73; 04-07-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #13
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Will it work with the Adams pads?

Might be a dumb question, they just say designed for the Porter Cable....
Yes they will. Just make sure you get the correct backing plate size.

Old 04-07-2013, 08:03 PM   #14
Jrichards73

Think I'm going to go with the PC machine. More people seem to have it and if I don't get the results I want it will make it easier to narrow it down to me and not the equipment.