Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 11-15-2008, 01:56 PM   #127
LT1Jeep
Ecstatic Camaro SS Owner

Drives: Jeep(s) [1in pieces] and 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancamarofan View Post
I Don't think so, they should end this tv franchise for good.

and send knight rider to the big screen.
ohhhhh nicely done. I second! (as long as its a 2010 trans-am).

LT1Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 02:57 PM   #128
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
What's really sad is that I find the original Knight Rider to be less cheesey

So after watching the pilot episode of Knight Rider, the new tv show. My first impressions watching the first five minutes was how inappropriate for young children the show was. Threesomes?? Lesbian one-night-stands?? Wow, times have changed. After the show, many people came to these very message boards and stated, if Knight Rider gets re-done as a series, it will not be watched by all of the various posters (myself included.) Apparently, the studios thought we were bluffing. Knight Rider is going the way of Bionic Woman and My Own worst Enemy. Maybe now the studios will learn that we do not all want some form Gossip Girls or Dawson's Creek mixed with Melrose Place style sex. If I want to see threesomes, drunken sex attempts in bathroom stalls, stripping down to your underwear because the car is on fire literally and all KITT can do to put it out is try and drive fast and not find a body of water to jump into..very lame... or interracial lesbian one night stands with Sydney Poitier's daughter...

So after six episodes, they are deciding to re-work the show for the next half of the Knight Rider season as it has gotten really horrible ratings (last place in all segments)... I can't figure out what demographic they are trying to hit at with the show. Obviously they already pooped on all of the original Knight Rider fans who have all stopped watching the show altogether like me, however since the show has these raunchy sexual moments (lesbianism, sex with two woman at the same time, stripping down to underwear...etc)with lots of skin showing, it rules out letting kids under 16 from watching it unless you are parents that are very liberal (the shows producers obviously are these types). And the whole premise of the original Knight Rider was one man can make a difference...the original knight rider as, cheesy as it sometimes was, is brilliant in comparison and felt 100% more real. The original Knight Rider show was very edgy and cutting edge at the time. I even like the way the original car looked better as it was more sleek. The transforming looks fake and I have yet to see a turbo boost on the show occur. Furthermore the relationships in the show are so childish it is unbelievably bad writing creating the dialogue.. The show has no mystery, no feeling of danger, and most of the time, the crime fighting is occuring in the day time. (the original show was almost 70% filmed at night) Val Kilmer is doing as good a job as he can as the voice of KITT, however the guy they chose to be Michael Knight has to be the worst actor I have ever seen on any show and I don't believe they can swap him out mid season..

What the show needs to do is kill off every character on the show that has no reason for being there.. The two kids that spend their entire time spying on Michael and his girlfriend in the car need to go... FLAG needs to be reverted back to what it used to be.. And bring back the old Pontiac voiced by Daniels for a cameo one on one with the new KITT for at least one episode.. That would give new life to the show..
I won't really argue with most of your points (aside from the fact that I thought the new Bionic Woman was pretty good). But I will disagree with the content of the show. Very little goes on in Knight Rider that doesn't in everything else on TV. I've never seen anything that would cause me to restrict children from watching it.

Regarding the lesbian comment. We see heterosexual relationships (and bedroom scenes), why not homosexual (both male and female) ones as well? It's natural and a fact of life, nothing more. Mountain out of molehill...
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 02:58 PM   #129
EllwynX

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1Jeep View Post

The light bar needs to be relocated to the top of the bumper. It looks like a silly little mouth there. LOL

And it needs a pointier front end. A FireBIRD needs a little 'beak'.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:04 PM   #130
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
yeah it kinda looks like a mustache.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:45 AM   #131
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
I won't really argue with most of your points (aside from the fact that I thought the new Bionic Woman was pretty good). But I will disagree with the content of the show. Very little goes on in Knight Rider that doesn't in everything else on TV. I've never seen anything that would cause me to restrict children from watching it.

Regarding the lesbian comment. We see heterosexual relationships (and bedroom scenes), why not homosexual (both male and female) ones as well? It's natural and a fact of life, nothing more. Mountain out of molehill...
I'm a Christian Conservative and I want to raise my children the way Jesus would want me to as written in the Holy Bible. If that sound silly to you or old-fashioned, then there is no way I can explain to you why I wouldn't want any family member aged 16 or below watching anything that glorifies what you consider to be natural. The original Knight Rider had more conservative writers which is why it appealed to more American's at the time. We live in a country where over 60% of the population in America are to the right of moderate in their core beliefs and values. Even in California, the only way gay marriage was legalized was by a non-elected judge or an appointed judge. Once a gay marriage ban gets on the ballot, it passes overwhelmingly because the majority of the population are to the right of center in ideology.

I know this is off topic for this particular thread however since it diverged into a Knight Rider bashing thread, I had to respond with this post since I was asked the question as to why not tolerate homosexual content on TV since it is everywhere and natural as EllwynX asked me. So I hope this helps to answer your question. The answer to "why?" is because at such a young age, children are very impressionable and getting them used to seeing all sorts of homosexual or sexual behavior at such a young age is not natural. Especially when kids look up to "tv stars" as heroes and they want to emulate them.. I sure wanted to emulate Michael Knight when I was little. The current Michael is in bed with two girls at one time gives the wrong message to children. Having sexual relations with multiple woman before marriage is also the wrong message to children. Having a lesbian relationship with another woman is also giving the wrong message to young impressionable girls watching the show.. So I hope you understand where I am coming from...
Old 11-16-2008, 02:07 PM   #132
urbancamarofan

Drives: 2005 Dodge Ram
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1Jeep View Post

Don't expect that to happen, the trans-am's not coming back.
urbancamarofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 02:46 PM   #133
EllwynX

Quote:
I'm a Christian Conservative and I want to raise my children the way Jesus would want me to as written in the Holy Bible. If that sound silly to you or old-fashioned, then there is no way I can explain to you why I wouldn't want any family member aged 16 or below watching anything that glorifies what you consider to be natural. The original Knight Rider had more conservative writers which is why it appealed to more American's at the time. We live in a country where over 60% of the population in America are to the right of moderate in their core beliefs and values. Even in California, the only way gay marriage was legalized was by a non-elected judge or an appointed judge. Once a gay marriage ban gets on the ballot, it passes overwhelmingly because the majority of the population are to the right of center in ideology.

I know this is off topic for this particular thread however since it diverged into a Knight Rider bashing thread, I had to respond with this post since I was asked the question as to why not tolerate homosexual content on TV since it is everywhere and natural as EllwynX asked me. So I hope this helps to answer your question. The answer to "why?" is because at such a young age, children are very impressionable and getting them used to seeing all sorts of homosexual or sexual behavior at such a young age is not natural. Especially when kids look up to "tv stars" as heroes and they want to emulate them.. I sure wanted to emulate Michael Knight when I was little. The current Michael is in bed with two girls at one time gives the wrong message to children. Having sexual relations with multiple woman before marriage is also the wrong message to children. Having a lesbian relationship with another woman is also giving the wrong message to young impressionable girls watching the show.. So I hope you understand where I am coming from...

I will just agree to disagree. We are as far apart on this particular subject as two people can be... And I am rather passionate (for lack of a better word) about this topic. My list of MANY gay/lesbian friends would be a good indication as to why. I understand this is not the place to have this particular discussion. So... All done.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:47 PM   #134
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:

+2

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancamarofan View Post
Don't expect that to happen, the trans-am's not coming back.
unfortunately so. same for t-tops (which the BLACK would look killer with!)
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:39 PM   #135
SdustinK

Drives: 2009 335i Coupe
wooo this car will be at the la auto show
Old 11-18-2008, 04:39 PM   #136
2010_5thgen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SdustinK View Post
wooo this car will be at the la auto show
if your going will you get alot of pictures of the rear end and the wheels for me?
Old 11-18-2008, 08:15 PM   #137
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
if your going will you get alot of pictures of the rear end and the wheels for me?
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9745
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:35 AM   #138
Al Robinson
RACKM

Drives: 2001 Mazda MilleniaS
SEMA Black Camaro

Since this car was done by GMPP does that mean that the following are availabe from them?
1. Black chrome bezels for the dash and auxilary gages.
2. Brushed black door sill plates.
3. Black chrome exhaust tips for the rear fascia.
4. Seat covers with inserts.

This would be nice as a dealer installed options.
Al Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:08 PM   #139
2010_5thgen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Robinson View Post
Since this car was done by GMPP does that mean that the following are availabe from them?
1. Black chrome bezels for the dash and auxilary gages.
2. Brushed black door sill plates.
3. Black chrome exhaust tips for the rear fascia.
4. Seat covers with inserts.

This would be nice as a dealer installed options.
where did you get this information?
so they were done in black chrome!
that meens the wheels were also dont in a black chrome on top of the polished style 21" wheel. i have been trying to figure what was done to those wheels for the last few weeks.
i would love to have the black chroime done to my car but i doubt it will be a dealer installed option. this is why its called the camaro black concept.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:41 PM   #140
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
too bad those wheels cost 4k

aftermarket here i come