Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-21-2011, 02:47 AM   #197
inferno_orange_ss/rs

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/rs
just remember that the service reps all park next to their dealerships
inferno_orange_ss/rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:05 AM   #198
Stork21

Drives: '11 Blk 2SS/RS Vert (Lilith)
I feel like it goes back to the old saying "You can't please ALL the people ALL the time". I see both sides of the argument and neither side is necessarily right or wrong. It appears most of the complaints are from people saying that if GM put faulty parts in their product, stand behind that product and fix it. It's understandable that GM has to protect itself from frivolous claims but if a part is known to be defective do the investigation and clear yourself from liability. I think the effort or appearance of effort would go a lot further than they might realize.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:05 PM   #199
FASTZ2895

Drives: 95 Camaro / 04 Corvette
Send a message via Yahoo to FASTZ2895
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno_orange_ss/rs View Post
just remember that the service reps all park next to their dealerships
There it is, this the problem with customer svc. The customer svc need to be independent from GM, ford and etc...
Old 06-21-2011, 04:28 PM   #200
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTZ2895 View Post
Paint problems with my 2010 Camaro. The only way I found out my car was repainted on the doors and hood was by another dealership. I was going to trade my 2SS in for the CTS-V. The Cadillac dealership informed me that my car, could have been damaged. Because my car was repainted the value of my car dropped. Before this problem, I had a clutch problem. The clutch salve cable broke while driving on the highway in FL. GM refused to repair the clutch because I couldn't wait 2 weeks for the part. I'm in the Army and I'm station at FT Gordon, GA. So could wait 2 weeks for the part. I had to rent a UHaul car trailer and call my wife. To drive down with my Chevy truck to tow my brand new Camaro back to GA. I'm sick of GM customer service and this Camaro. I need GM to retroified my problem with this car. I need a new Camaro, because if GM repaint the car. I still lose, because the value of the car will drop again. What should I do?
I would like to direct message you in regards to your issues if I may.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:49 PM   #201
FASTZ2895

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moni View Post

It sure is sad! Why even offer to try to help or act like you're going to do something if you're really going to just make half the effort.
I agree with you, I say just buy Ford instead of GM! I hate I said that but if GM won't stand behind their product. Then why should we?
Old 06-24-2011, 05:53 AM   #202
inferno_orange_ss/rs

well they better not stand in front of their products because if they did it might break free and roll their asses over
Old 06-24-2011, 08:13 AM   #203
FASTZ2895

Quote:
well they better not stand in front of their products because if they did it might break free and roll their asses over

What issue have you had?
Old 06-25-2011, 12:37 AM   #204
inferno_orange_ss/rs

well my camaro only has 4k on it so none with it. the chevy dealership in my town is a lithia and ive had many problems with the service writers and service with my truck with chevy.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:26 PM   #205
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTZ2895 View Post
Paint problems with my 2010 Camaro. The only way I found out my car was repainted on the doors and hood was by another dealership. I was going to trade my 2SS in for the CTS-V. The Cadillac dealership informed me that my car, could have been damaged. Because my car was repainted the value of my car dropped. Before this problem, I had a clutch problem. The clutch salve cable broke while driving on the highway in FL. GM refused to repair the clutch because I couldn't wait 2 weeks for the part. I'm in the Army and I'm station at FT Gordon, GA. So could wait 2 weeks for the part. I had to rent a UHaul car trailer and call my wife. To drive down with my Chevy truck to tow my brand new Camaro back to GA. I'm sick of GM customer service and this Camaro. I need GM to retroified my problem with this car. I need a new Camaro, because if GM repaint the car. I still lose, because the value of the car will drop again. What should I do?
Looks like you have an offer from Jeff for some assistance. Please let me know if that doesn't pan out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I would like to direct message you in regards to your issues if I may.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Thanks Jeff! More proof that GM is listening and wants to make things right whenever possible.

Just to add some more color and mainly my opinion for what it is worth. I have been in the middle of quite a few of these issues. Whenever appropriate, GM has gone out of their way to help. In some cases they couldn't or it didn't make sense to do so (i.e. when the problem clearly wasn't a failure of the car or anything related to what is covered under the warranty). I have also seen cases where GM didn't need to help and they did. And I have seen cases where GM just said they couldn't help and they shouldn't (because either the claim was frivolous or the damage was caused by the owner).

There will always be a handful of people who think that GM owes them something - even when they know they altered the car or did something that clearly damaged it. Those people always want to take advantage of the situation and in many cases they ruin it for those of us with legitimate claims.

And by the way, this attitude and reaction to issues isn't just a GM thing. Ford, Toyota, Honda and all the rest pretty much operate in the same fashion.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:04 PM   #206
Moni
H-Town Camaro Club VP

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:

Save yourself some trouble here. Go straight to the top. That's the only way you'll get results. I fought for my car directly with GM and got it taken care of and then some.

PM me if you need info, I'm glad to share.
Moni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:49 AM   #207
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post

There will always be a handful of people who think that GM owes them something - even when they know they altered the car or did something that clearly damaged it. Those people always want to take advantage of the situation and in many cases they ruin it for those of us with legitimate claims.

And by the way, this attitude and reaction to issues isn't just a GM thing. Ford, Toyota, Honda and all the rest pretty much operate in the same fashion.
Clearly you support GMs position without fail. Your generalizations about those with modified cars and a sense of 'entitlement' is not only wrong, it's flat out insulting.
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:10 PM   #208
D Day Dog

Drives: 2011 1SS Imperial Blue Metallic
Okay... so I'm going to post this here to see if I can get any additional help or opinions. If anyone wants to reasd it, this is the thread I started to get opinions on the front fascia paint mismatch, what people thought about it, and my problems getting GM to repaint.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=155238&page=2

In sum, the paint is way way off, GM is denying it, but is willing to look at pics as a final way of issuing a decision. I have no faith that they will agree to repaint it despite how off it is. I recall reading posts from persons on the forum who've had this issue corrected, but cannot find them - and I have searched.

My question to people here is this: For anyone who has managed to have GM repaint their front fascia, would you be willing to give me your claim info. so I can have something else to put on the table to them and ask why they won't paint mine if they will paint yours? This is really annoying the hell out of me and I'd appreciate some help if I can get it from people on the forum. Thanks.

Dog
D Day Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:18 PM   #209
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by themossman View Post
Clearly you support GMs position without fail. Your generalizations about those with modified cars and a sense of 'entitlement' is not only wrong, it's flat out insulting.
Only those who try to take advantage of the system would be insulted...
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:46 AM   #210
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
Only those who try to take advantage of the system would be insulted...
This statement is another broad generalization that does not hold water.
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057

Last edited by themossman; 07-01-2011 at 10:43 AM.
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote