Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-23-2014, 11:40 AM   #1
Itsmeagain
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
What is the correct fuel pump upgrade? HELP

Ok so I have the camaro ss L99 and the Edelbrock E Force kit. I need to upgrade my fuel pump, so what is the correct fuel pump and/or module I need to get?

Any links or references would be great! I know phased has one for like $290 but I'm not sure if that what I need
Itsmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:50 AM   #2
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsmeagain View Post
Ok so I have the camaro ss L99 and the Edelbrock E Force kit. I need to upgrade my fuel pump, so what is the correct fuel pump and/or module I need to get?

Any links or references would be great! I know phased has one for like $290 but I'm not sure if that what I need
I've asked the mods to move this to the V8 FI section. You'll get your best information there. From what I've seen you should be fine with a ZL1 pump. You may need an aftermarket controller as well, but there seems to be some debate about that.
Old 06-23-2014, 02:01 PM   #3
Itsmeagain
Account Suspended

Thanks I appreciate it, I hear mixed answers and I really want to know. Some people say the ZL1 pump is good enough and others say its useless unless you get the module... Aaarrrggghhh
Old 06-23-2014, 02:20 PM   #4
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Thanks I appreciate it, I hear mixed answers and I really want to know. Some people say the ZL1 pump is good enough and others say its useless unless you get the module... Aaarrrggghhh
Personally, I think you should play it safe. It isn't like turbos where you can back off the boost if you run out of fuel. I would take it to a reputable shop and if they say get the aftermarket FCM then do it. After all, they are the guys that have to tune it.
Old 06-23-2014, 02:37 PM   #5
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
How many threads does Itsmeagain need at a time? At least three different ones all on just the fuel pump subject? And that's been covered at great length here.
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:39 PM   #6
Itsmeagain
Account Suspended

Oh hey AGP lol nah my brother and I use the same account and I had no idea he already posted a thread on that... We're working on our cars together sorry about that
Old 06-23-2014, 03:28 PM   #7
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
Got it. Did you already choose and order the e-force? Auto-X and the heat in CA, that thing is going to heat soak like crazy. A PD type blower is really not the way you should go for your application. A centri or pair of small fast spooling turbos would maintain much more consistent power output. We sell a lot of our non-CARB approved TT kits to CA cause they are super stealth and you can't tell just popping the hod that it has turbo.
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 04:15 PM   #8
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP Turbo View Post
Got it. Did you already choose and order the e-force? Auto-X and the heat in CA, that thing is going to heat soak like crazy. A PD type blower is really not the way you should go for your application. A centri or pair of small fast spooling turbos would maintain much more consistent power output. We sell a lot of our non-CARB approved TT kits to CA cause they are super stealth and you can't tell just popping the hod that it has turbo.

The bad thing here now is that there are a lot of city's that are doing illegal smog checks roadside looking for mods on cars. They have a drive on ramp that allows them to look for cats and other mods under the car. This state is in massive revenue generation mode again.

That being said, I wouldn't go the E-Force route either. I have a Maggie, but if I was starting from scratch, it would either be TT or a Procharger.

As far as the fuel system goes, what are your final goals with the car? If you are going to want more power than 600rwhp now or in the future, get a dual pump setup and only do the fuel system once. I went with the ZL1 pump and and ADM's FPCM to get the full function of the pump, but I'm already looking at the Squash dual setup so I can keep moving up with power.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:29 PM   #9
Itsmeagain
Account Suspended

Well any/all TT or ProChargers are not Smog/Carb legal. So there's no way I could pass smog with either of those. I would love to go ProCharger that system is sick and can make a lot of power and somewhat in the price range but no EO number.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:40 PM   #10
Slickcas

Drives: 12' 2SS/RS LS3 IBM
I had no problem running the ZL1 pump all the way to 600rwhp. That was just the pump I was going to get the ADM fpcm but my tuner never sead my fule pressure was good. Also my car is set up a just a bit fat for added safety. At 6200 RPMs I think I was around 51 psi.

The cool part is you can put in the ZL1 pump now. And later you can put in the ADM fuel pressure control module if you or your tuner think you need it. They are NOT in the same spot. So it's not like going in the same place again.
Slickcas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 04:57 PM   #11
2010SSRSM6

Quote:
Well any/all TT or ProChargers are not Smog/Carb legal. So there's no way I could pass smog with either of those. I would love to go ProCharger that system is sick and can make a lot of power and somewhat in the price range but no EO number.
That was the only reason I went with the Maggie. Since then, I've added LT's so it doesn't matter that I have the little C.A.R.B. sticker. I'm fighting with myself daily about pulling the maggie off and just saying screw it and bolt the ProCharger on, but that would mean I'd have to upgrade the fuel system yet again......Plus I like being married and alive. I don't think either of those would continue to be the case if I tried to swap blowers again. lol
Old 06-23-2014, 04:59 PM   #12
2010SSRSM6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickcas View Post
I had no problem running the ZL1 pump all the way to 600rwhp. That was just the pump I was going to get the ADM fpcm but my tuner never sead my fule pressure was good. Also my car is set up a just a bit fat for added safety. At 6200 RPMs I think I was around 51 psi.

The cool part is you can put in the ZL1 pump now. And later you can put in the ADM fuel pressure control module if you or your tuner think you need it. They are NOT in the same spot. So it's not like going in the same place again.
They ARE in exactly the same spot (passenger rear seat wall). You unbolt a single 10mm bolt, unhook the cable and pop the new one in. Where did you hear they are not in the same spot?
Old 06-23-2014, 05:00 PM   #13
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Contact Andy at ADM.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:11 PM   #14
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhagen View Post
Contact Andy at ADM.
The fuel pump is inside the tank,you must remove the tank from underneath the car to swap it out....Correctly!

The FPCM is behind the passenger side rear wall beside the rear seat.No need to remove the fuel tank,just bottom cushion and side panel and 1 nut - 10mm.
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote