Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 09-11-2012, 08:22 AM   #15
bombgolf

Drives: 45th Anniv 2SS/RS Convertible
Sorry, one more quick question, is it a direct bolt in, the new bracket for the problematic one?
bombgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:43 PM   #16
bombgolf

Thanks for all of the input.

Based on all of the feedback, I am taking "Betty" into the dealer to document the rub marks. Is there anything I should make sure to mention? I plan to mention this forum. Anything else I should be prepared to address? Anything that was especially effective in relaying the message.

For those that have had dealt with multiple dealers to resolve their issues, does the "documentation" travel with the car or does it stay with the individual dealership? I plan on taking the car to my local dealer for documentation but I don't want them to do the work, as it is an extremely small dealership and I am very confident they have zero convertible experience. The next nearest Chevy dealership is 40 miles away.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:02 PM   #17
walters477

Drives: white 2012 2SS
I take mine thru the car wash (no brushes) the hot water and air dry take the wrinkles and all out.
walters477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:35 AM   #18
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by theragtopguy View Post
I have them all and no amount of cleaning and scrubbing will get rid of them. The 'v' marks over the doors are typical. Thank goodness I don't have any holes yet, but when the spring comes I will be at the dealership to get them addressed further, hopefully replaced. I had the TSB done in April.....don't think it did too much though.
I apologize for the dissatisfaction you may be experiencing with your convertible top. Have you been back to a dealership to see if they can address your concern? Please let me know!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 09-12-2012, 12:59 PM   #19
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
Brandon, when I had my bubbling dash replaced, I pointed it out to the service manager. As I said, I will wait until spring to have it addressed. No use getting a new top before the winter. The dealer has been documenting my issues with the top since day one.
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:23 AM   #20
bombgolf

Based on what I have read from the forum is this statement correct? The only real and complete solution to these rub marks (soon to be holes) is to replace the entire mechanism with a 2013 or "2d generation" top to include the water bag... If that is correct, what's the best way to get to that end state. Frankly, I don't want to be doing this dance every couple of months or every year... Thoughts?
Old 09-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #21
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
Good luck.....apparently it depends on dealer attitudes from place to place......

Some people have to go the legal route with their dealers, others have great dealers that get engineers involved and take care of it.....kind of the luck of the draw.

I'm waiting until Spring to start my battle for a new top, mine doesn't leak or anything, but the rub marks are getting worse and the fabric is starting to fray in the 'v' marks over the door.
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:40 PM   #22
walters477

what does GM consider warrantable, or normal wear and tear, when it comes to rub marks on the top. It looks like the rub marks are the (nap) has worn off the material where the material rubs against itself.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:48 PM   #23
walters477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I apologize for the dissatisfaction you may be experiencing with your convertible top. Have you been back to a dealership to see if they can address your concern? Please let me know!

Brandon
Does GM consider rub marks on the fabric to be covered under warranty or normal wear?
Old 09-14-2012, 02:14 PM   #24
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
From my experience it has to show theads that are worn through. Real fraying
Old 09-14-2012, 02:47 PM   #25
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by walters477 View Post
Does GM consider rub marks on the fabric to be covered under warranty or normal wear?
It depends if the issue is diagnosed by a dealership to be a defect in materials or workmanship. Have you taken it to a dealership?

Brandon
Old 09-14-2012, 04:02 PM   #26
walters477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
It depends if the issue is diagnosed by a dealership to be a defect in materials or workmanship. Have you taken it to a dealership?

Brandon
It has been in for a recall on the top for wind noise and screws wearing through, altho I didn't see any wearing on the under side like others have.
I didn't mention the rub spots because I thought it would be normal wear. The bow doesn't lay on the fabric, it is frabic on fabric, I can put my fingers between the bow and fabric.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:31 AM   #27
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by walters477 View Post
It has been in for a recall on the top for wind noise and screws wearing through, altho I didn't see any wearing on the under side like others have.
I didn't mention the rub spots because I thought it would be normal wear. The bow doesn't lay on the fabric, it is frabic on fabric, I can put my fingers between the bow and fabric.
The best thing to do is to contact a dealership to get it checked out to see if they can address the concern you are having. Please let me know what they were able to do for you!

Brandon
Old 09-23-2012, 09:31 PM   #28
bombgolf

I now have some threads separating from the top above the "v" behind the rear window at 2k miles... the other ones are still there and getting worse...

The wife's 2012 camaro SSRS vert has a transmission issue... her car has less than a thousand miles...

that's 2 new cars bought a day apart and they both have major issues with a combined 2900 miles... I am beyond livid...

Last edited by bombgolf; 09-24-2012 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Clarification