Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-26-2014, 06:45 PM   #1
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
Mrt axleback 1.0 installed thanks apex!

So guys I JUST got my axle back installed today! The guys I brought it to really only work on euro imports. But they were nice enough to do it for me the shop didn't even charge me just told me to pay the mechanic for his time. Good group of guys. Anyway it sounds AWESOME just like a camaro should, doesn't sound like it's trying to be a v8, which to me is a good thing.

It sounds agressive not raspy and not high strung like a z car. There is a tad bit of drone however it's liveable and really shouldn't annoy all but the most sensitive person. It's so much louder even at idle! Big shout out to apex motorsports who got me the exhaust right on time, and the apex catch can is a real beauty too! Thanks apex!

Patiently waiting for my 2023 SS 1LE
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 06:04 AM   #2
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Another satisfied customer of MRT and APEX.

CONGRATS, and ENJOY.
Old 11-27-2014, 11:43 AM   #3
crc91

Thanks !

Old 11-27-2014, 02:06 PM   #4
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Video!

Congrats on the purchase! I think the LFX sounds pretty darn awesome with the stock exhaust, can't imagine it with a good exhaust.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 05:41 PM   #5
crc91

The stock exhaust to me wasn't bad, it just wasn't aggressive enough. With the MRT v1 I have aggression in spades as well as a raw race like sound. I didn't want a mellow deep classic muscle car v8 sound. My car isn't a v8 didn't wanna impersonate that. I wanted a racey(not to be confused with ricey!) performance v6 sound. And that's exactly what I got. Sure there is a little drone but it isn't bad at all. If you like the way the stock car sounds at idle but just want a louder sound when you get on it, do the MRT v2(also less drone).
If you want a agressive start up and a sound that gives you some presence MRT v1 is the way to go. MRT v2 neighbors will probably be happier lol.

Old 11-28-2014, 11:28 AM   #6
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by crc91 View Post
So guys I JUST got my axle back installed today! The guys I brought it to really only work on euro imports. But they were nice enough to do it for me the shop didn't even charge me just told me to pay the mechanic for his time. Good group of guys. Anyway it sounds AWESOME just like a camaro should, doesn't sound like it's trying to be a v8, which to me is a good thing.

It sounds agressive not raspy and not high strung like a z car. There is a tad bit of drone however it's liveable and really shouldn't annoy all but the most sensitive person. It's so much louder even at idle! Big shout out to apex motorsports who got me the exhaust right on time, and the apex catch can is a real beauty too! Thanks apex!
Thank you for your order and the mention. Glad you are happy with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
Another satisfied customer of MRT and APEX.

CONGRATS, and ENJOY.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apex, axleback, exhaust, mrt