Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 06-01-2012, 05:47 PM   #211
VA SSHEVY

Drives: 2012 SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
I have large tires on my truck. I'd love to find some shine that doesn't build up over time.
Still on my first application on the SS and my DD (daily driver). Build up may not be an issue...
Old 06-04-2012, 11:17 AM   #212
jimmypage4ever

Drives: 2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 (Race Red)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytripper View Post
Used the whole can on 4 tires . Looks very shiny . We'll see .
How much is this product ? Just curious, seems to work well but a whole can for one use seems like a waste if its expensive. I'm really keen to try this out myself. My father is a professional auto detailer and we get all of our cleaning supplies through a company called car brite and one bottle (about the size of a 409 housecleaning bottle) will last a good 10-15 times of use.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:37 PM   #213
VA SSHEVY

Drives: 2012 SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmypage4ever View Post
How much is this product ? Just curious, seems to work well but a whole can for one use seems like a waste if its expensive. I'm really keen to try this out myself. My father is a professional auto detailer and we get all of our cleaning supplies through a company called car brite and one bottle (about the size of a 409 housecleaning bottle) will last a good 10-15 times of use.
I expect I would have been able to do the SS twice. I did the SS and a Jeep Grand Cherokee (large sidewalls). Didn't quite finish the last tire, but it still looks good. As I recall it was like $12 for the can. But there's no slinging slippery goo on the side panels and it's really lasting.

Invest in a can....
Old 06-04-2012, 07:27 PM   #214
jimmypage4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA SSHEVY View Post
I expect I would have been able to do the SS twice. I did the SS and a Jeep Grand Cherokee (large sidewalls). Didn't quite finish the last tire, but it still looks good. As I recall it was like $12 for the can. But there's no slinging slippery goo on the side panels and it's really lasting.

Invest in a can....
I'll definitely get a can to try it for myself, the stuff i get is great but slings goo all over the side of the car so I will definitely give it a try.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:36 PM   #215
jimmypage4ever

bought a bottle today I was really impressed with it definately doesnt sling like the other tire shine products do!
Old 06-10-2012, 04:50 PM   #216
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
No more!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
I am going to give it a try...I was using Stoner, but it slings if you don't let it dry...for $12--I am game...
Well, I gave it a try....and I am now trying to get it off the tires. Why? I sprayed it on Friday for a show on Saturday. I wasn't too thrilled with the "real wet look", but left it on anyway. Then on Saturday, I touched it when dried--it peeled off onto my finger....
Got it home after the show and tried to remove from the tires with soap and water....might as well forget that!! The only way I could get it off was to completely dry the tires and rub it off with a towel...
Needless to say, that stuff will not again be on my car...I will go back to either the foam or the Stoner and simply let it dry before I drive it....
In my opinion, this stuff is not worth the money ($13.00) or the time...

Thanks...ABL99......
Old 06-10-2012, 10:32 PM   #217
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
Well, I gave it a try....and I am now trying to get it off the tires. Why? I sprayed it on Friday for a show on Saturday. I wasn't too thrilled with the "real wet look", but left it on anyway. Then on Saturday, I touched it when dried--it peeled off onto my finger....
Got it home after the show and tried to remove from the tires with soap and water....might as well forget that!! The only way I could get it off was to completely dry the tires and rub it off with a towel...
Needless to say, that stuff will not again be on my car...I will go back to either the foam or the Stoner and simply let it dry before I drive it....
In my opinion, this stuff is not worth the money ($13.00) or the time...

Thanks...ABL99......

Did you... ? because for it not to be dry I think you didn't completely clean your tires before applying. Also, I stated above how to remove it way before you put it on (21MAY is the date I posted about the removal). It's not an easy removal as stated above.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:47 PM   #218
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL1CK View Post
Did you... ? because for it not to be dry I think you didn't completely clean your tires before applying. Also, I stated above how to remove it way before you put it on (21MAY is the date I posted about the removal). It's not an easy removal as stated above.
No--That is fine...I did clean my tires as good as I could...I won't put myself through that mess again....this is simply info for others...my car is now good..I have it all removed and the "other stuff" is back on the tires...good as new....
Old 06-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #219
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL1CK View Post
As I said I would do, here's the response from Turtle Wax: Agreed, it's a pain to remove...
Turtle Wax
  • Hi Jacob,

We are glad that you like the new Black Tire Coat! The product will wear itself off over time. However, if you would like to remove so that you can have consistent reapplication, we have found that utility wire brushes used for cleaning BBQ grills is sufficient to “score” and remove the Turtle Wax Tire Coat without damaging the tire rubber. In general, we recommend brass or steel grill brushes.

Remove the coating by rubbing the wire brush back and forth over the sidewall while the tire is dry. The coating will crumble under the rubbing action. When most of the sidewall has been dry rubbed to remove the coating, wipe the tire with a cotton cloth to remove the residue. Clean the sidewall with a suitable automotive tire cleaner to remove remaining residue and prepare the tire for a new application of Turtle Wax Tire Coat.

Thanks!

Turtle Wax
Now--That sounds like a plan.....Wire brush your tires? Are you kidding me?...Turtle Wax has the answers....NOT!!.... ABL99....
Old 06-13-2012, 03:02 AM   #220
The Sandman
Flying Low & Raining 3's

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Ann. Edition
I'm sold on it. I've tried many different tire washes and shines and the wet look and durability of this stuff is good. Application is tricky but I use a template to protect the rim. A very little overspray hit the paint and wiped off easy enough before it dried.

The Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:44 AM   #221
bee sting

Drives: 1997 30th Ann. Z28 & 2010 2LT RS
Looking Good !