Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-03-2013, 11:01 AM   #1
Matt@510
Account Suspended

Drives: c6 vette cam & full bolt-ons
510 Race Engineering FlameThrower Package

Here is Rudy's ZL1 we just finished. he brought it to us with the hpe700 looking for more power. we ported the blower snout, installed a pulley, 102 tb, our ice tank and a alky controls meth kit, tuned it and gave it back with 107 more rwhp & 137 more ft lbs. for a total of 694 rwhp and 711 ftlbs not to bad for a auto trans car.

Matt@510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:09 AM   #2
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Um, shouldn't he kind of take the Hennessey off the back now? I mean that's funny, Hennessey I guess offers more power, but he brought it to you guys

I love yall's videos, they really speak for themselves

I want to speak briefly to anyone reading this, that I have not had 510 do any work(haven't had anyone do any yet) but when I contacted Matt his response was quick and informative and frankly their price matched better than any other big shop.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #3
ayousef

Drives: 2013 ZL1
so it was making 587rwhp with the HPE700? something doesnt add up, and also im guessing it should have made much more with the meth, the norm seems to be 700+ on pump gas and no meth.

Just trying to understand

1150bhp Whipple 4.0 Supercharged 427ci Camaro ZL1
ayousef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:30 AM   #4
SCHUSS
709 RWHP & 677 RWTQ

Drives: 13' HPE 800 ZL1..... IOM vert, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayousef View Post
so it was making 587rwhp with the HPE700? something doesnt add up, and also im guessing it should have made much more with the meth, the norm seems to be 700+ on pump gas and no meth.

I was thinking the same thing.
SCHUSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:00 PM   #5
Matt@510
Account Suspended

Quote:

On our mustang load cell dyno aka the heartbreaker the car made 587 just how it came to us. with our upgrades on pump gas with the meth on a non meth dependant tune and 108 degrees in the shop it made just under 700. now with our flamethrower package (our cam, heads, pulley, roto-fab intake) we constantly see over 700whp on pump gas.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:26 PM   #6
ayousef

Drives: 2013 ZL1
makes more sense thanks!

1150bhp Whipple 4.0 Supercharged 427ci Camaro ZL1
ayousef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:38 PM   #7
chiefchump

Drives: 2013 Inferno Orange ZL1
Hood open = 30 more hp than hood closed!
chiefchump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:53 PM   #8
Sfuller003

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:

I did the HPE 700 and I am getting 655 rwhp. I am also an auto so that 587 sounds light. I do understand wanting more rwhp as it is addicting.
Sfuller003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:56 AM   #9
Matt@510
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefchump View Post
Hood open = 30 more hp than hood closed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfuller003 View Post
I did the HPE 700 and I am getting 655 rwhp. I am also an auto so that 587 sounds light. I do understand wanting more rwhp as it is addicting.
We test every car with the hood open. its to hot here in houston not to and we dont want to pinch any of the dyno leads in the hood when closed.

Im sure your car made 655 on their dyno that is the same number this car made on thier dyno. we use a mustang md500 dyno with eddie current load cell. it tends to read lower numbers than other brands of dynos but we feel it is more accurate and allows us to load the car for more complete tuning.

No two dynos print the same numbers. yes everyone wants a huge number dyno sheet. but the dyno is a tool for testing and tuning the real test of power is the time slip, mph dosnt lie.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:33 AM   #10
Mike@HennesseyPerformance

Drives: 70 Camaro
Since you guys decided to bring up Hennessey, just wanted to clarify a couple claims made here by various posters in this thread.

All of our packages are (and always have been) rated at the flywheel, and Rudy contacted us wanting 700 horsepower with a 3 Year 36,000 mile warranty, and his factory warranty intact. He originally wanted a car he could drive 100,000 miles with no issues, no meth, something he could put 91 octane in and go. He wanted a serial-numbered vehicle similar to the old Yenko's. He called us specifically because he didn't want to void his warranty and have a tuner car, which is ironic since we have now blackballed his VIN and no warranty.

All of our cars are guaranteed to make the advertised flywheel horsepower on any dyno on the planet, on the fuel specified by the customer. I find it ironic that another shop, who chooses to use one of our cars to advertise their own package, claims it is not making that number, when even with the substantially lower number than we made, that still comes out north of 700bhp. Makes me wonder what driveline loss 510 claims.

A dyno is useful, but we use it to make numbers. We have the only test track in North America on site, and every vehicle we build racks up about 20-100 miles of real world tuning on a private closed course, and dyno, so while a dyno might be useful in a smaller shop, we truly do use it just to gauge power and fine tune, since we can replicate any real life scenario on our 1.8 mile road course and IHRA sanctioned 1/4 mile.

In response to the "Seems to be underrated claim" by a poster above, we didn't line the office of our 30,000 square foot shop with magazine covers, Guinness World Records, and hand signed letters from GM and Chrysler thanking us for our work within the industry with our products by underselling our customers, but I do appreciate your concern for a car we built on your dyno, long after it left our shop and more than likely had some other external factors on this low number. As 510 has shown, it's clearly still making the advertised flywheel horsepower.

And before anyone tells me to quit picking on 510, or stirring up issues in in this thread, the OP chose to post a video and comparing our packages. We offer the most warrantied horsepower on the market, and we built the World's fastest, most reliable cars, and we charge accordingly after the customer tells us exactly what they want. I'm not sure why 510 chose to drag us into this discussion, but it's my job to clarify these claims about 'not making power' and such that this thread created.

If you're interested in what we do you can call us at 979.885.1300 or stop by anytime, we're located at 9281 SW I-10 Frontage Road, in Sealy TX 77474. If you'd like to come to our track on the weekend you can also shoot me a PM with an address and I'll send you some passes. This goes for you as well 510.

Again, I'm not really sure what the intention of this thread was, as we don't really interact or compete with 510 other than at the Mile. We do look forward to seeing how close you are to our Ford GT at the mile again last year, you almost had us last time.

I'm sure some will follow this, and we probably won't make an effort to check it, as what needed to be clarified has been clarified. If I made a thread like this I would surely expect a response from the other company I chose to involuntarily involve in the discussion, so now we've participated, and there's really nothing left to discuss. Look forward to competing with you at the Mile again this year.

Thanks and happy Camaroing to everyone.

Last edited by Mike@HennesseyPerformance; 07-23-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Mike@HennesseyPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:27 AM   #11
Taser Deployed

Drives: 2012 Blk ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@HennesseyPerformance View Post
Since you guys decided to bring up Hennessey, just wanted to clarify a couple claims made here by various posters in this thread.

All of our packages are (and always have been) rated at the flywheel, and Rudy contacted us wanting 700 horsepower with a 3 Year 36,000 mile warranty, and his factory warranty intact. He originally wanted a car he could drive 100,000 miles with no issues, no meth, something he could put 91 octane in and go. He wanted a serial-numbered vehicle similar to the old Yenko's. He called us specifically because he didn't want to void his warranty and have a tuner car, which is ironic since we have now blackballed his VIN and no warranty.

All of our cars are guaranteed to make the advertised flywheel horsepower on any dyno on the planet, on the fuel specified by the customer. I find it ironic that another shop, who chooses to use one of our cars to advertise their own package, claims it is not making that number, when even with the substantially lower number than we made, that still comes out north of 700bhp. Makes me wonder what driveline loss 510 claims.

A dyno is useful, but we use it to make numbers. We have the only test track in North America on site, and every vehicle we build racks up about 20-100 miles of real world tuning on a private closed course, and dyno, so while a dyno might be useful in a smaller shop, we truly do use it just to gauge power and fine tune, since we can replicate any real life scenario on our 1.8 mile road course and IHRA sanctioned 1/4 mile.

In response to the "Seems to be underrated claim" by a poster above, we didn't line the office of our 30,000 square foot shop with magazine covers, Guinness World Records, and hand signed letters from GM and Chrysler thanking us for our work within the industry with our products by underselling our customers, but I do appreciate your concern for a car we built on your dyno, long after it left our shop and more than likely had some other external factors on this low number. As 510 has shown, it's clearly still making the advertised flywheel horsepower.

And before anyone tells me to quit picking on 510, or stirring up issues in in this thread, the OP chose to post a video and comparing our packages. We offer the most warrantied horsepower on the market, and we built the World's fastest, most reliable cars, and we charge accordingly after the customer tells us exactly what they want. I'm not sure why 510 chose to drag us into this discussion, but it's my job to clarify these claims about 'not making power' and such that this thread created.

If you're interested in what we do you can call us at 979.885.1300 or stop by anytime, we're located at 9281 SW I-10 Frontage Road, in Sealy TX 77474. If you'd like to come to our track on the weekend you can also shoot me a PM with an address and I'll send you some passes. This goes for you as well 510.

Again, I'm not really sure what the intention of this thread was, as we don't really interact or compete with 510 other than at the Mile. We do look forward to seeing how close you are to our Ford GT at the mile again last year, you almost had us last time.

I'm sure some will follow this, and we probably won't make an effort to check it, as what needed to be clarified has been clarified. If I made a thread like this I would surely expect a response from the other company I chose to involuntarily involve in the discussion, so now we've participated, and there's really nothing left to discuss. Look forward to competing with you at the Mile again this year.

Well said. Even if you guys are a little on the high side your reputation precedes you and the warranty you offer is 2nd to none. The fact that there's so much competition in Texas also says a lot.
Taser Deployed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:55 AM   #12
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
Quote:

Whew
Attached Images

KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #13
Taser Deployed

Drives: 2012 Blk ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKreme15 View Post
Whew
LOL that was my initial reaction!
Taser Deployed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:14 AM   #14
dmax86

Drives: 2016 Z06 C7R
Quote:

VERY TRUE Mike

what just happened

what now needs to happen lol