Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:04 PM   #1
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Lightbulb Attn: ALL VENDORS -- Parts Request

There are parts that we want, but you won't build them until we tell you that we want them. Vendors need to know what the market wants in order to offer the products in demand. Without expressing demand in a consolidated way, we will never get what we want from the aftermarket.

This thread is a way to express what we want from the aftermarket.

If you are a vendor, this is an opportunity for you to directly respond to these requests by stating that you can provide the products we want.

I will start by providing my list of requests.

Audio Wants
• USB jack kit for glove box or other concealed locations
• auxiliary input jack kits for glove box or other concealed locations
• iPod charging and playing jack for glove box or other concealed locations
• all necessary hardware for aftermarket head unit wiring (a big issue with new GM cars, many willing to pay a lot for alternative options
• custom subwoofer boxes for the trunk
• custom subwoofer boxes for the center of the rear seat

Body Wants
• body kits (keep them functionally aerodynamic and lightweight)
• wide body kits (once again, aerodynamic and light)
• concept mirrors
• dovetail spoiler (like the one GMPP has yet to release)

Engine Wants
• LLT engine build kits (amazing V6 wants makeover)
The aftermarket has embraced the LS3 very well. I'm very happy to report that any parts I could want are available somewhere. Keep bringing these parts to the table.

Exhaust Wants
• side exit exhaust
I'm pretty impressed with the options available. I could not be happier with the quality options already in production.

Forced Induction Wants
• nitrous oxide kits
• multiple turbocharger kits
I am happy to report that supercharger kits are available from some very reputable companies.

Interior Wants
• aftermarket ambient lighting options (multiple colors, LED preferred)
• HUD
• smaller rearview mirror with OnStar button relocation kit (especially for fully loaded models with huge mirrors)
DSV Customs has worked very hard to present us with a variety of leather-wrapped and kevlar interior options. I'm sure that more options will become available, but this market seems to be dominated by quality parts from a particular vendor.

Lightweight Wants
• carbon fiber roof with reverse mohawk (should match existing roof)
• carbon fiber Bumblebee hood (based on Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen)
• carbon fiber aerodynamic body kit (verify aero improvement with windtunnel tests)
• carbon fiber stock body panels
• carbon fiber trunk
The Camaro is pretty heavy, although it is also powerful enough to make weight a non-issue. That being said, having lightweight parts will help some drivers compensate for what they feel is harming their performance. Light parts will sell, even if they are expensive.

Suspension Wants
Pedders has already developed a superior suspension. If you want to compete, I welcome the effort.

Vendors, use this list and other suggestions to follow in posts as a guide to help you develop parts that we will buy. The Camaro community is eager to buy parts as soon as possible. Build us some good parts, and price them well. You can expect to have a lot of happy customers if you treat Camaro5 right.

I lastly want to go ahead and refer viewers of this thread with aftermarket questions to visit the Camaro5 wiki. There are a lot of quality products listed there.
warn 145:159 ban

Last edited by The_Blur; 06-25-2009 at 09:06 AM. Reason: typo
Old 06-23-2009, 05:16 PM   #2
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
how have I never noticed this?

good job Blur
This way aftermarket companies know what we want
I want to see more stuff for the LLT.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:02 PM   #3
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Good idea Blur.

High quality fender flares, or carbon fiber flared front fenders. For performance, the car needs wider tires all 4 corners. To compensate for understeer, the front needs wider tires, among other things. Stock, it looks like the rear MAY handle 12" wide tread, I'd like to see 12" front also, ain't happening without flares.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:14 PM   #4
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
Glad we made the list... Thank you...DSVcustoms

As far as some of your requests there is A LOT of money making some of those items so much so that the most of the market would not want to pay for it. i.e. Solid carbon body parts, wide body kits with wind tunnel testing (much to expensive and the roof line goes into the 1/4 panel making it near impossible unless you bondo it.) Even fenders if made of poly urethane cost a lot of money and most will not do it. You will see them in fiberglass..

You left out the Wheel/Tire setup
I think clean 20s or a 20/21 set with 315s out back will look great. Reasonable 3 piece forged will be hard when the cost of the raw materials alone is more than a lot of people are willing to spend on a set.

We will be adding custom body parts and exhaust as the market opens up...
Old 06-24-2009, 10:38 PM   #5
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Pfadt Suspension

Don't forget about Pfadt Race Engineering Suspension! There Vette products are first class and I expect nothing less for the 5th Gen!

JP
Old 06-24-2009, 10:38 PM   #6
Mr Twisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indpowr View Post

As far as some of your requests there is A LOT of money making some of those items so much so that the most of the market would not want to pay for it. i.e. Solid carbon body parts, wide body kits with wind tunnel testing (much to expensive and the roof line goes into the 1/4 panel making it near impossible unless you bondo it.) Even fenders if made of poly urethane cost a lot of money and most will not do it. You will see them in fiberglass..

I think clean 20s or a 20/21 set with 315s out back will look great. Reasonable 3 piece forged will be hard when the cost of the raw materials alone is more than a lot of people are willing to spend on a set.

The fat meats on the Hennessey car looked great, but it seems there were rubbing issues with the lowered pedders setup. Understeer has been brought up more than a few times as well.

I'm not as anal about wheel looks as wheel weight, one piece lightweight is fine, but I think I'm a minority. Even wide steelies that fit over the brembo's would be an option for me.... Think sleeper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Motorsports View Post
Don't forget about Pfadt Race Engineering Suspension! There Vette products are first class and I expect nothing less for the 5th Gen!

JP
No doubt! Pedders got a jump on them tho, especially on this site. The Pedders gang have been here quite awhile now answering q's about the new suspension, and they have experience with the G8 that will x-fer over fairly easily. Pfadt better get off their .... you know
Old 06-24-2009, 11:38 PM   #7
JDP Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
No doubt! Pedders got a jump on them tho, especially on this site. The Pedders gang have been here quite awhile now answering q's about the new suspension, and they have experience with the G8 that will x-fer over fairly easily. Pfadt better get off their .... you know
Pedder's is a great company from what I've seen but Pfadt makes some high quality products as well! The G8 is a complete different animal, to say the parts will cross over isn't true. The dynamics between the 2 are different and Pedders will tell you that.

Pfadt designs each product for each specific application, it isn't crossed over. I know Pfadt will provide great support for the Camaro community as they do for Corvette's.

I was just stating they should be added to the list....

JP
Old 06-24-2009, 11:42 PM   #8
JDP Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
The fat meats on the Hennessey car looked great, but it seems there were rubbing issues with the lowered pedders setup. Understeer has been brought up more than a few times as well.

I'm not as anal about wheel looks as wheel weight, one piece lightweight is fine, but I think I'm a minority. Even wide steelies that fit over the brembo's would be an option for me.... Think sleeper.
There is a lot more to understeer than tire size alone. Sway bars play a large roll in balancing the chassis as does shock damping and spring rate, this is why adjustable compoents are so important. Not everyone will be running factory combination's. There is a lot more to it for sure.

JP
Old 06-25-2009, 12:24 AM   #9
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Motorsports View Post

JP
Pfadt has some products done, but no pricing yet

I've just been slow at updating the performance threads.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:42 AM   #10
Mr Twisty

JP, I agree with all your statements, I'm just letting vendors know the path I'll be taking eventually. I may be a minority, time will tell.

Wide wheels with correct off-set to fit the front, as well as the rear.
Fender flares to match wider front wheel.
Highly adjustable suspension all 4 corners.

I'm gonna be running moonshine, I need to be able to out run that first cop before he calls his buddies to gang up on me
Old 06-25-2009, 09:05 AM   #11
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indpowr View Post

Most of us looking for true carbon fiber exteriors are pretty aware of the cost. Even the cheapest parts aren't cheap. For some of us, that is one of the reasons these parts are desirable. Only a few drivers will have it. Besides the uniqueness of having a carbon fiber hood, roof, and trunk, there is the fact that it will reduce weight. Obviously, if this were feasible for GM to do, GM would have built the car this way intitially.

You and I have talked about pricing in the past, and I've come to the conclusion that DSV is among the best in cosmetic improvements for the price. Now, I want to add some function. If you have the capacity to produce these parts in true carbon fiber as a means of weight reduction, I guarantee that you'll have some eager buyers with open wallets. All we need is for you to make it.

I'm happy to see the input coming into this thread. I am a little disappointing that we aren't seeing very much aftermarket response. We know you're out there, vendors! Come tell us what you can do!
warn 145:159 ban
Old 06-25-2009, 04:40 PM   #12
Mr Twisty

Intake pressure (boost)gauge to fit 4-pack

speedo-tach faces/ 4pack faces matching

Last edited by Mr Twisty; 06-27-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:08 PM   #13
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
I would hope they would add a grill that takes out the bow tie and adds an SS.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:00 AM   #14
Gotthat02fire

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss IOM
What about Airride I want to go more protouring look and power!!!! Would love to see the Dove Tail Spolier and Wide Bodykit all great ideas!!!!