Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-01-2011, 02:06 PM   #211
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by themossman View Post
This statement is another broad generalization that does not hold water.
This thread is to try to assist and help those with issues. If you aren't adding to that purpose, then take your conversations to PM.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:43 PM   #212
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Everyone needs to figure out how to exist in this thread without getting personal.

Lets all consider a couple things here.

NO one with a modified Camaro should expect, without question, GM to fix their car. TSB or not.

What the Dealer tells you is NOT always justification for you to Balst GM. They are indeed individual companies that may or may not elect to repair your car under warranty, and some may even do it at their own cost. But that is NOT GM's Call.

GM has been consistent... If you make an internal modification you are most likely to be on your own. What the dealer does is between you and them.

This thread exists to help people elevate their problems. Not to act as an advocate. Remember GM decides if they will reimburse the dealer for the repair... Not the other way around. If you modify your car you better hope you have a good relationship with your dealer. We've proven GM is not likely to fix a modified car.

Does it suck? Absolutely. But at this stage in the game there is no excuse for not knowing the risk.

If the dealer's justification for not repairing under warranty sucks, that is between you and them. If you want to elevate you claim then this is a place for some assistance in that process. That's it.

I apologize for the rant, I have friends on both sides of this issue.

And I've had a dealer ask me to sign a waiver just to get an alignment because my car is modified...

I needed a new PDIM for the CC package and I almost didn't get that due to my supercharger.... Not GM's fault. The dealer didn't want to do it.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:27 AM   #213
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
This thread is to try to assist and help those with issues. If you aren't adding to that purpose, then take your conversations to PM.
I'll try to say this as nicely as possible without getting(or appearing to get) personal. My initial comments were directed at some statements you made in a post above regarding a sense of entitlement by those that have modified their cars. In addition to taking offense to that statement, it was clearly not a comment that is adding to the purpose or intent of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Everyone needs to figure out how to exist in this thread without getting personal.

Lets all consider a couple things here.

NO one with a modified Camaro should expect, without question, GM to fix their car. TSB or not.

What the Dealer tells you is NOT always justification for you to Balst GM. They are indeed individual companies that may or may not elect to repair your car under warranty, and some may even do it at their own cost. But that is NOT GM's Call.

GM has been consistent... If you make an internal modification you are most likely to be on your own. What the dealer does is between you and them.

This thread exists to help people elevate their problems. Not to act as an advocate. Remember GM decides if they will reimburse the dealer for the repair... Not the other way around. If you modify your car you better hope you have a good relationship with your dealer. We've proven GM is not likely to fix a modified car.

Does it suck? Absolutely. But at this stage in the game there is no excuse for not knowing the risk.

If the dealer's justification for not repairing under warranty sucks, that is between you and them. If you want to elevate you claim then this is a place for some assistance in that process. That's it.

I apologize for the rant, I have friends on both sides of this issue.

And I've had a dealer ask me to sign a waiver just to get an alignment because my car is modified...

I needed a new PDIM for the CC package and I almost didn't get that due to my supercharger.... Not GM's fault. The dealer didn't want to do it.
I would say that the area GM has been shaping up to be consistent is with the tune...change that and you're on your own. And obviously if you change any internals you're going to have to change the tune.

I don't fault GM for their position...just for their execution. Had someone from GM reached out to me directly, admitted their hands were tied and explained a clear policy to me...I would have no issue. It's all about customer service. You can't please everyone all the time, but you can communicate your policies clearly and level set your customers expectations. I guess I'm just used to treating others professionally and being treated professionally in return. That did not happen in my case....that's why it really 'grinds my gears'.....

...and, as hard as I work, for anyone to suggest that I have a sense of entitlement....well...you can imagine why I would find that obnoxiously insulting.

You know me and my soapboxes!
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:11 AM   #214
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Temp Close
Old 08-19-2011, 02:11 PM   #215
GTAHVIT
Blessed

reopened.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:56 PM   #216
tterb0331
Chuck Thunder

Drives: 2011 2SS
I purchased a 2011 Camaro SS last October. The A/C failed within a week of driving it off of the lot. I returned it to the dealership and they put a dye in the freon to pinpoint a leak without tearing apart the entire system (the recall had not been posted at this point yet).

Well, I never returned the car to the dealership because I volunteered to go back to Afghanistan, and I wanted to spend those two weeks driving my new Camaro and not a loaner. I returned from Afghanistan and brought my car back to the dealership. The determined that the heater core had to be replaced, so they gave me the car back until the part came in, about 2 weeks later. I gave them my car then went home on leave to Texas. I picked up the car when I returned to Hawaii about 3 weeks later, and everything was fixed, A/C worked great.

...for about 3 weeks. The A/C has failed yet again. I understand that new vehicles have issues, which Chevrolet and GM will identify, post a recall, and distribute instructions to all of the service departments on how to remedy the problem. I wasn't really frustrated about the issue, I knew that I could just turn my car in, get it fixed, and that would be it. Well, after the issue is fixed, and it only lasted about 3 weeks, then I start to get frustrated. I'm not really mad at the dealership, GM, or the Camaro itself, but I would like this issue to get resolved once and for all.

I just got off the line with CM Customer Service as this thread has suggested. I was given an SR# and the lady said that she had escalated the case to the District Manager, who will be overseeing the case.

I am posting this here to reinforce the topic, and will provide updates as they become available. I am dropping the car off tomorrow evening for them to begin work on Wednesday. If it's fixed once and for all, I'll be a happy camper, and will further provide proof that once the dealership is unable to satisfy you and GM gets involved, things get fixed.

On the other hand, what happens if the situation repeats itself? If they give me the car back and everything works, then the A/C fails again a month later? Then what?
Solo Performance High Flow Cats
Flowmaster AT Catbacks
QTP Electric Cutouts
AAC Dual Color Halos, Halo Foglights (awaiting install)
tterb0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:30 PM   #217
D Day Dog

Drives: 2011 1SS Imperial Blue Metallic
Your problem is basically something mechanical and clearly it did not work. As long as your warranty is in place, you likely won't have problems getting it repaired - again and again if necessary. That being said, if I read your post correctly, then they haven't resolved your issues by fixing or repairing something else. They should do their best to find the source and fix it once and for all, IMO. Our personal time, costs, and efforts are important to us as well - especially if we bill by the hour for what we do or drive long distances to bring them our car. So continue to be nice, but be firm in what you expect them to accomplish if it's fixed and has to be brought in again.

My experience: My 2-3+ tier escalation did nothing for me. But my problem was cosmetic mismatched paint on front fascia to the rest of the car. The topic of a paint mismatched front fascia has been discussed many times on this forum. I will only say that mine was grossly mismatched to the rest of the car and the "maximum escalation" process went absolutely nowhere for me because, IMO, GM doesn't want to paint everyone elses fascia in addition to mine. What really surprised me is that they wouldn't even work with me on it by perhaps spliting the costs. They threw me NO bone of any kind.

Given my experience, my 2011 SS will be the last GM product I will ever buy - and I have bought 5 GM/Chevrolet vehicles since I was 20. Which is kind of sad really because I am now punting the idea of spending $50K+ on the L71 across the room in favor of buying a Porche instead for the wifey next year...

Doug
D Day Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:02 PM   #218
tterb0331
Chuck Thunder

Drives: 2011 2SS
I got my car back yesterday and the problem couldn't be resolved. The car was empty of Freon. When they replaced the evaporator in July, they recharged the system and put in an ultra-violet dye. When they got the car back this week, they searched the entire system for leaks, wasn't able to find anything. They recharged the system with more freon and dye, ran the car for a day and a half with the a/c on full blast, checked the system again, still no leaks. They tried over pressurizing the system to force a leak, nothing. They tried a static vacuum test, nothing. They checked every hose, connection, and grommet. They checked the evaporator, the condenser, everything. They had their lead technician doing all the work as well.

With the freon recharged my car currently has a/c, but for how long? I still have an open, escalated case with Chevrolet. They said my car is one of only three in the entree nation that has an unexplainable freon leak. Looks as though I'll be making a few trips to the dealership every month or so to get the freon recharged, making sure that each occasion is documented. I'll be moving my car to Texas at the end of the year, once there, I'll have the mechanics at a couple Chevrolet dealerships there see if they can pinpoint the problem...

But when is enough enough? What future steps do I have? I'm surprisingly not mad at the dealership or Chevrolet, but I would like the issue resolved eventually. Chevrolet won't replace anything until an actual problem can be specifically pinpointed. If I am making trips to the dealership once a month to get my freon recharged, when do I finally put my foot down and demand a solid solution, and what do I have available? If this continues, is Chevrolet going to finally do something for me, would the Lemon Law apply (definitely not what I want to do, I'm already emotionally attached to my car ), am I SOL?
Solo Performance High Flow Cats
Flowmaster AT Catbacks
QTP Electric Cutouts
AAC Dual Color Halos, Halo Foglights (awaiting install)
tterb0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:28 AM   #219
cam62

Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
Using the escalation procedure/s works

I'll just add my .02 here. 2011 vert with the infamous rub marks issue. I already had a hole in the outer fabric after less than 3k miles.

Very poor service at first svc dept. Had to argue my point this was a warranty issue, even suggested we call GM to make the call, but they replaced the top at my insistance.

Outsourced to a trim shop. Shoddy replacment and caused major leak, to the point there were puddles (not just we carpet) on the floorboard after a rain or car wash. (yes hand wash, household garden hose).

Started the escalation procedure including the florida better business bureau and have been working with GM corporate ever since.

Yesterday, GM and I came to an agreement about what it will take to resolve this.

At all points during the GM escalation process, the GM reps were very accomodating, courteous, understanding and genuinely seemed to take an interest in, the individual customer, and successfull resolution of the problem.

I have been a gm fan, and although the entire experience has been horrible, I'm very pleased with the way it is working out.

Now, what I want to know is, in addition to writing a dissatisfied customer letter to the dealership whose service department treated me like dirt, what else can or should I do to help make GM aware this has happened?
cam62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:06 PM   #220
D Day Dog

I'm glad that someone is pleased with their experience at GM. Mine went nowhere. Mine was escalated, apparently, as far as it could go and GM offered me nothing. Not even a pathetic bare bone to chew on. The only conclusion I have is that they don't want to start a trend having to repaint front fascias that a customer feels does not match the rest of the car. If it was a shade off, I would not be complaining. However, mine is not just a shade off. I am very disatisfied with them. After bringing them my business and buying several GM products in the past, I have no faith they will be helpful to me if I have another issue.

Name:  002 (2).jpg
Views: 285
Size:  171.5 KB
Old 10-20-2011, 12:47 PM   #221
cmore

Drives: 2011 Victory Red Auto 2SS
If that problem existed at the factory, it should not have left it until it was corrected! If it changed color hue after, they sb be getting it fixed and keeping u informed on the status.
cmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:34 PM   #222
D Day Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmore View Post
If that problem existed at the factory, it should not have left it until it was corrected! If it changed color hue after, they sb be getting it fixed and keeping u informed on the status.

Agreed. But they kept telling me it is a known issue with several GM vehicles and refused to do or offer me any solution whatsoever. They could have at least offered to split the cost with me to have it repainted.

Pretty sad IMO.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:37 PM   #223
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
cam62, you've let GM know in every way imaginable except the letter. Seeing as you've been in contact with our Customer Assistance team then there's not much more to do to let us know. All interactions with customer (both here, on the phone and through e-mail and snail mail) are documented for future reference in our database to make sure we don't miss anything. D Day could you send me your case number so I can take a look at it? I'd like to see if I can find anything we can do for you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:47 PM   #224
D Day Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
cam62, you've let GM know in every way imaginable except the letter. Seeing as you've been in contact with our Customer Assistance team then there's not much more to do to let us know. All interactions with customer (both here, on the phone and through e-mail and snail mail) are documented for future reference in our database to make sure we don't miss anything. D Day could you send me your case number so I can take a look at it? I'd like to see if I can find anything we can do for you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
I believe I may have already PMed you my case number, but just in case I did not, here it is: 71-961600139. If you have any suggestions I am open to them.

Thank you.

Doug