Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-12-2011, 06:20 PM   #323
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
I like how so many stories of adults opening their cars up, but all hell break lose if someone 10 years younger than them does.
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:26 PM   #324
coolman

I say tell him to let you use it. It's only a car they make them everyday. My only concern would be for your safety if the boyfriend decides to get froggy behind the wheel. I would say take it to the event but right after that, the car comes home. I've lent my cars out to the local high school gals for homecomings in the past and never had an issue. I just make sure it's back in my hands right after the event.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:12 PM   #325
MaRoFreK

Drives: IOM 1SS w/factory Hurst
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76z28 View Post
Some of you really need to understand..THIS IS A CAR
A CAR STILL IN PRODUCTION SO YOU CAN GET ANOTHER
I mean seriously
the only thing i would worry about is if my son/daughter got hurt
the car will always be replaceable...its just money
sure i may not have gobs of money but come on....
If its that much of a trophy then put it in a hermetically sealed container

Stainless works Catback with Flowmaster Single Chamber Mufflers, Vararam, Factory Hurst, SLP SS emblems, SLP Skip Shift
MaRoFreK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:56 PM   #326
fourmz
Fourmz

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 1968 Firebird 1994 Z28
My kids have asked the same thing, to which answer "Have your boyfriend get a job and get his own." Yes it is just a car but, it is a car that I saved for,waited for and it is MY car. So, I would say....no.
Black-in-Black/Blue out 2010 2SS/RS LS-3 -Magnacharger TVS2300,OD cog belt drive, 3.4" pulley, Janetty smooth idle blower cam,ID-850 injectors,ZL1 fuel pump,MSD boost a pump, ADM FPCM Janetty custom tune,Doug Thorley long tube headers, Corsa catback,C.A.I. Intake, Roto-Fab Big Gulp Scoop, Monster LT1/SC Clutch assembly,Eibach pro kit plus, BMR cradle/diff bushings, Barton Shifter,JRE 3.91 Eaton Tru-Trac rear diff,Barton Short Throw SHifter, Boss 339 20" wheels,Painted heritage grille, Sparks Restoration Inverted blue/black SS emblems, Seibon BB carbon fiber hood, ZL1 front bumper conversion.
fourmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:58 PM   #327
whitehorse

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS
I took my dad's brand new 78 Cutlass to the prom. My date spilled a drink on the floor of the front seat. Got it cleaned up and pops never knew. Got some action in the backseat also. Had a great night that I will never forget. Let them take it so they will have memories. Of course all my kids are out of the house so I don't have to make that decision.
whitehorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:38 PM   #328
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
I don't think it's uncool to ask to see the prom pix when they happen, and possibly a pic of the couple before the prom in front of the Camaro they do NOT get to drive.

On another note, I'm surprised no father here has said "of course you can drive the Camaro to prom, kids, don't mind me, I'll be in the back seat with the latest copy of "guns n ammo", cleaning my glock while you kids have fun!"
THAT is what most likely will happen , i have been thinking long and hard on what to do , and trust me i do really want her to have a good time with her friends and most of all be safe and don't have to worry about things that she can't control , also there is others issues in here that i will let every one know as soon i make the call on what they will go the the function ,and finely yes she drove the car [CAMARO] 5 times but with mom and dad in the car ,the AVALANCHE [2002] is the one that she drives to school and so far she is doing well , so my friends for know is all that i have to say and once again thank you very much for all the ideas and opinions , this has been a very good way to see what other people think about this issue , Oldfriend
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:51 PM   #329
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
THAT is what most likely will happen , i have been thinking long and hard on what to do , and trust me i do really want her to have a good time with her friends and most of all be safe and don't have to worry about things that she can't control , also there is others issues in here that i will let every one know as soon i make the call on what they will go the the function ,and finely yes she drove the car [CAMARO] 5 times but with mom and dad in the car ,the AVALANCHE [2002] is the one that she drives to school and so far she is doing well , so my friends for know is all that i have to say and once again thank you very much for all the ideas and opinions , this has been a very good way to see what other people think about this issue , Oldfriend
You let your 17 year old daughter drive a 6,000lb, 300hp truck to school. And you're worried about her getting into trouble with a Camaro?

If I was in high school, that thing would be driving through school planters, racing everything just because it has a V8, and seeing if I could break the tires loose on bare pavement in 4wd. ...ok, I wasn't that bad, but an Avalanche isn't exactly a beginner's vehicle, either...
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:53 PM   #330
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Drives: 2010 Silver/Black 2SS/RS Manual
A couple days later and the answer is still no!
Old 01-12-2011, 10:11 PM   #331
oldfriend

2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADLS3 View Post
You let your 17 year old daughter drive a 6,000lb, 300hp truck to school. And you're worried about her getting into trouble with a Camaro?

If I was in high school, that thing would be driving through school planters, racing everything just because it has a V8, and seeing if I could break the tires loose on bare pavement in 4wd. ...ok, I wasn't that bad, but an Avalanche isn't exactly a beginner's vehicle, either...
HEY , first it is not 6,000 lbs it is 5890 , second it was [still is] my truck i just happen to let her use , so mom does not have to drop her off besides not been [cool] for her [like it was my problem,third , she learned how to drive on that [thing] , fourth, that was my excuse to go and buy the CAMARO , fifth , i DO KNOW THAT YOU ARE JOKING , you are right !!!
Old 01-12-2011, 10:13 PM   #332
GARYSSS

Drives: 2010 2SSRS M6 Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehorse View Post
I took my dad's brand new 78 Cutlass to the prom. My date spilled a drink on the floor of the front seat. Got it cleaned up and pops never knew. Got some action in the backseat also. Had a great night that I will never forget. Let them take it so they will have memories. Of course all my kids are out of the house so I don't have to make that decision.
I don't think this is going to help her case.

For all those saying it's just a car, if it was just a car I don't think we would all be on this forum.
GARYSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:15 PM   #333
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
but at least you don't have to worry about her getting hurt if there's an accident in the avalanche. unless she plays chicken with a train. lol
Old 01-12-2011, 10:16 PM   #334
JasonK

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Sure, you know there will be no hanky-panky in the back seat..... You will be the coolest Dad ever.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:21 PM   #335
oldfriend

My hair started going grey a few years back , but now i am start loosing it from front to back and it does not look good !

Last edited by oldfriend; 01-12-2011 at 10:58 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:24 PM   #336
oldfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GARYSSS View Post
I don't think this is going to help her case.

For all those saying it's just a car, if it was just a car I don't think we would all be on this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
but at least you don't have to worry about her getting hurt if there's an accident in the avalanche. unless she plays chicken with a train. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonK View Post
Sure, you know there will be no hanky-panky in the back seat..... You will be the coolest Dad ever.
IT is all good and sweet when one does not have to deal with it , one day the table will turn ,then we will see who sings the song better , thanks my friends !

Tags
camaro 2ss/rs, kids, teenagers