Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 09-02-2009, 07:25 AM   #29
salohi

Drives: 90 Black Camaro, 02 Sable
can we have an on-line copy
salohi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:45 AM   #30
cam346
CAM346

Drives: 99 t/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimus prime View Post
Every month I get my new issue.....late. Weeks late. Then with that issue I receive a "this is your last issue/resubscribe now" notice. Been like that since my first issue last year. Im paid through jan 2010. Awsome.
i just go to barns and noble and get one. i hate seeing it in the store before i get it in the mail.
cam346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:21 AM   #31
305pride

Drives: 3.4l 1995 camaro
i wana see the 4th gen upgrades
305pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:21 AM   #32
96_2010_CAMARO

Drives: 2012 SIM Camaro 2SS/RS , 2010 Tahoe
Send a message via MSN to 96_2010_CAMARO
wait but the L99 stock hp is 330 not 400 hp ???!!!!
Old 09-02-2009, 10:33 AM   #33
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96_2010_CAMARO View Post
wait but the L99 stock hp is 330 not 400 hp ???!!!!

400hp is at the engine
330hp is at the wheels
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:23 PM   #34
Matt TuneTime

Drives: 2008 G8 gt / 2010 Camaro L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
They did screwed up months because the don't run 12 issues a year; they run 10.

I got that issue yesterday too, and I'm a little ticked they couldn't run any times. Considering they got similar gains on a G8 GT on a dyno', and picked up something like almost a half second improvement in the 1320', I think it'd be safe to say Camaro would get at least as good a gain. It seems, to me, like all the videos show the cars short-shifting before 6K RPMs. I think a lot of these tunes make the shifts closer to 6000-6200 RPMs. I think there are good gains to be had just from a simple engine tune and reprogramming shift points, firmness, and speed.

Good catch!!! I was going to post this article
That was our tune And Yes I'd bet you could get a L99 with extended shift point's and keep from making the 3-4 shift to run 12.7 all stock .

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow69z28 View Post
You hit the nail right on the head. I have been in the throttle for about three weeks now with a new tune performed by Matt @ Tune Time Performance in Toms River - NJ. He took my stock L99 which made 315 RWHP and 309 RWTQ and pumped it up to a Peak of 331 RWHP and 336 RWTQ on a Mustang DYNO.

Its amazing how much of a beast and much more fun this thing is to drive. The magic is all in the AF Ratios (with averages over 13.3-1) and with balancing TQ Management with line pressure and shift points in the A6. Most of the changes are true of what was posted earlier - its the gains over the base along the band, in my case some times 90 HP between 3150 and 3850 RPM. The magic in the tune is not quite so mysterious but in reality its Matt's experience in tuning the G8.

For the lay person - its punching it and banging 2nd and 3rd on the way out to ??.??sec - stay tuned...
Thanks for the review ...
Matt TuneTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:25 PM   #35
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt TuneTime View Post
That was our tune And Yes I'd bet you could get a L99 with extended shift point's and keep from making the 3-4 shift to run 12.7 all stock .

Thanks for the review ...
Yeah - didn't the G8 shift just before the line or something? 12.7s with just a tune is just bad@$$!!!

You guys are doing a great job!!!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:59 PM   #36
JustinCesler

Drives: Trans Am
Great to see this on the front page - Thanks Camaro5!

Thanks Terry for letting us tune Helen's 2010 - Thanks Jeremy for putting a killer tune in the car!

We have TONS more coverage coming in the next couple of months, so please, stay tuned and keep reading!!!
JustinCesler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:13 PM   #37
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCesler View Post
Great to see this on the front page - Thanks Camaro5!

Thanks Terry for letting us tune Helen's 2010 - Thanks Jeremy for putting a killer tune in the car!

We have TONS more coverage coming in the next couple of months, so please, stay tuned and keep reading!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasterproms View Post
Thanks Justin!

Dan
Fasterproms
I'm sorry, the two of you, but are you guys the shop owners/tuners or do one of you write for GMHTP? Either way - that's friggin'

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 09-02-2009, 02:18 PM   #38
JustinCesler

Dan from FasterProms works with Jeremy, who is the tuner of Helen and Terrys 2010.

I work for GMHTP (Associate Editor) and did the write up and pictures for that article.

Old 09-02-2009, 02:24 PM   #39
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCesler View Post
Dan from FasterProms works with Jeremy, who is the tuner of Helen and Terrys 2010.

I work for GMHTP (Associate Editor) and did the write up and pictures for that article.

AH!!!

I that magazine. What's with all the editors of late?! First (well, last I can remember), Hunkins goes over to PHR, the Endres goes somewhere, and now we have Parker... He's been with GMHTP for at least about five years, no? Still - I'm excited we have someone from my favorite magazine here Sometimes I end up with two of the same issues because I can't wait to receive my subscription in the mail, lol

How soon until we start seeing more mods' on the '10? Friggin' SC already has an LT, tune, and VVT cam write-up on an L99 [SIZE="1"]They also have a cool interview with AO.../SIZE].

PLEASE - Keep up the great work

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 09-02-2009, 02:28 PM   #40
trenchdog73

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs Cyber grey camaro
I just picked up a subscription to keep in the loop :0). But just a heads up, I only wanted to order 9 issues as I have never read this magazine befor and I decided to just have them bill me for this later. After clicking continue on the bill me later option they offered an extra 2 issues if I paid for it now. Im not sure if you get the extra two if you decided to just pay up front.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:43 PM   #41
radz28
Petro-sexual

You won't regret it.

Not to offend anyone, or anyone from the other magazines (i.e. SC, HR, PHR, CHP, etc.) but they seem so far behind the LS-engines and cars. I might buy two or three, of said magazines in a whole year because they just don't seem to have any interest in the newer GMs. They get all excited if they get like 400 FWHP out of a H/C LS1. GMHTP is, by far, the best late-model GM magazine on the stand. They know how to drive, get great results, have great tech' articles, and I read every issue like 100 times. Some of that is because there are only ten issues a year but that just makes the months following those breaks even better.

JMVHO.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 09-02-2009, 02:44 PM   #42
JustinCesler

RadZ,

Scott Parker is still the editor, I work with him on the magazine. Really glad you enjoy the mag - and trenchdog, thanks so much for subscribing! - we try our best to get some good edit out the door each month.

We have a couple more stories coming up, including some bolt-ons to a 6-speed 2010, a converter/tire story with an auto and a supercharger install with a different 6-speed. We are also going to be doing some top speed runs in October along with track testing in September.