Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-12-2006, 08:39 PM   #1
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
GM Style pre-Detroit show event to feature cars and stars

GM Style pre-Detroit show event to feature cars and stars
Posted 12/12/2006 12:01:00 AM by motortrend_online
Filed under: Auto Shows

Name:  1055735.w600.jpg
Views: 3334
Size:  181.8 KB

General Motors is kicking off the upcoming Detroit auto show with a special event melding the worlds of fashion, celebrity and automotive design. Called GM Style, the first-ever event is set for Saturday, January 6, 2007, the night before the first show press day, and is being billed as a tribute to classic GM style combined with a celebration of the automaker's recent designs.

GM Style will take place inside a specially designed climate-controlled pavilion built specifically for the event near Detroit's Renaissance Center, the automaker's world headquarters. Said to be longer than a football field, the pavilion will act as the runway for the show.

At least seventeen vehicles will be shown, including the 2006 Camaro Concept (above), the classic 1951 Buick LeSabre Concept and recent GM hits including the 2007 Sky Red Line, among others.

Celebrity guests joining the vehicles for a walk-or drive-down the runway during the evening's festivities include Cheryl Hines, Vivica A. Fox, Petra Nemcova, and Danny Masterson. Not exactly an A-list group, but it's a decent gathering of stars to go along with the cars. GM says more celebrities are being confirmed.

Stay tuned to MotorTrend.com for our complete coverage of the Detroit show during the show press days, Jan. 7-9, 2007.
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:44 PM   #2
Mestizo

Drives: American V8
Can't wait.......under a month now.
Mestizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 11:04 PM   #3
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I know, right? Just around the corner and we get to see "two things Camaro". I think we're gonna see somthing reeeeeeal good, here. Just look at the whole pre-show shibang GM is putting together for this. I just hope the "two things Camaro" won't be anything we've already seen. I've got my hopes up.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 07:03 AM   #4
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Smile

I think mostly we'll see a convert for the camaro concept. and maybe it looking closer to what the actual car will look like but still preproduction bs. and hopefully they'll make some announcement about a new corvette. we will see.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 09:22 AM   #5
BigRedCornhead

Drives: 94 Badass Z28
The pic on here with the adobe vert camaro looks very good. I am a hardtop guy, but it goes very nice with the cars design
Old 01-03-2007, 06:28 PM   #6
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Hudson, Kimmel and Slater added to GM event
"Dreamgirls" Jennifer Hudson, talk show host Jimmy Kimmel and actor Christian Slater to appear at invitation-only event

January 2, 2007

FREE PRESS POP CULTURE WRITER

A “Dreamgirls” supernova, a well-known actor and a late-night TV host have been added to the celebrity roster for Saturday’s GM Style event.

Jennifer Hudson, Christian Slater and Jimmy Kimmel will appear at the invitation-only event, which will feature a bevy of stars and cars.

Hudson, whose performance in “Dreamgirls” has earned rave reviews, and Slater, who’s known for starring in films like “True Romance,” will be featured on the runway at a climate-controlled pavilion along the Detroit riverfront. Kimmel, whose ABC talk show airs after “Nightline,” will serve as emcee on the red carpet.

Other famous names who’ll be part of the event include Carmen Electra, Mario Lopez of “Dancing With the Stars,” Cheryl Hines of “Curb Your Enthusiasm,” and supermodel Petra Nemcova.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:48 PM   #7
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

FOR RELEASE: 2007-01-04

GM Style Red Carpet Event Delivered Live via the Internet

Parade of Stars Can Be Seen On www.gm.com

Detroit -- The whole online world can watch Saturday, January 6, as Jimmy Kimmel, host of ABC-TV’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” emcees the GM Style red carpet event via streaming video through GM's web site, http://www.gm.com. The event begins at 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time. Those who miss the live presentation can click and view on-demand replays any time.

Web sites wishing to embed the live or on-demand replays of this presentation can go to (http://gmtv.feedroom.com?fr_story=FEEDROOM171912) and click the "Embed Video" button.

GM Style is one of the largest gatherings of stars and cars Detroit has ever seen. Kimmel will be providing interviews and commentary as many of today's most popular celebrities walk through the door.

This first-ever, invitation-only gala precedes the 100th Annual North American International Auto Show. Celebrities dressed in the latest fashions will be paired with 17 GM vehicles including the first time showing of the Camaro convertible concept. GM Style is staged in a pavilion on the Detroit Riverfront just east of GM Global Headquarters at the Renaissance Center. The pavilion, the first of its kind, is longer than a football field, climate controlled and fitted with a classic style-show runway for the cars and stars.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:43 PM   #8
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Name:  Starsshine.jpg
Views: 2781
Size:  35.2 KB

Stars shine at fittings for GM red carpet event
January 6, 2007

BY JULIE HINDS

FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

It was like Hollywood on Mound Road -- with a pinch of CIA tossed in -- as a swarm of celebrities gathered Friday at the General Motors design center in Warren.

The stars chatted about what they'll be wearing at tonight's GM Style event, a glittering invitation-only fashion show in downtown Detroit that's generating buzz for the North American International Auto Show.

But they couldn't talk about which vehicles they'll accompany on the runway or other hush-hush subjects.

"I don't know if I'm allowed to say," joked actor Christian Slater as he avoided going into specifics about his tour of GM's design inner sanctum. "They might have to kill me."

Wearing jeans and a puffy coat, Slater divulged to reporters that he'll be duded up in Dolce & Gabbana tonight.

"Why are there so many secrets in Detroit? What are you people doing here?" teased Cheryl Hines of HBO's "Curb Your Enthusiasm."

Hines stayed mum about the wheels she'll be walking alongside, but revealed she plans to wear a beaded Collette Dinnigan gown. And she genially posed like a "Price Is Right" model with the cars in the lobby of the design center.

CariDee English, winner of the CW's "America's Next Top Model," did some preening for the cameras, draping herself across the hood of 2006 Camaro coupe concept and clunking it slightly with her skull-and-pearls necklace. "Ooh! Wasn't me!" she said.

English also raised the possibility that singer Nick Lachey may attend the event. His appearance has not been confirmed.

Other famous faces like surfer Laird Hamilton and model and former pro volleyball player Gabrielle Reese were on hand to meet with show-biz stylist Rachel Zoe, who's overseeing the pairing of the fashions with the stars and cars.

Inside GM's color and trim studio, Zoe and her team had assembled an Imelda Marcos-sized collection of shoes and numerous racks of designer clothes.

"I don't want it to be predictable," said Zoe, clad in a zig-zag patterned sweater, black leggings and Kiss-worthy boots by Balenciaga. "I just want it to be super glamorous."

Contact JULIE HINDS at 313-222-6427 or jhinds@freepress.com.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:57 PM   #9
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Name:  72869999tp005_gm_concept.rp420x400.jpg
Views: 5687
Size:  26.3 KB
Old 01-26-2007, 06:00 PM   #10
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Now SHE's an improvement over Carmen!
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 06:05 PM   #11
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
Now SHE's an improvement over Carmen!
Just give her a couple years in the industry and we’ll see…
Old 01-27-2007, 12:27 PM   #12
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 12:36 PM   #13
Luna
Own one, dont date one!!!

Drives: Tiburon
Send a message via Yahoo to Luna
That first pic of the model will be me the day I get my car. No one will be able to peel me off of it....and my car will have a bigger grin
Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 05:20 AM   #14
Nourdmrolnmt1

Drives: malibu maxx
Is this the production camaro?

COMPLETELY random discovery while google image searching for "Cadillac Cien Concept Headlights" for a "name that headlight" game over on the car loung.

dammit, i have come to my own conclusion that it is the concept, just i could not see ANY real detail as to it being the concept until i started looking and saw the open rear duct, and the rear view mirrors.
Nourdmrolnmt1 is offline   Reply With Quote