Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Old 01-07-2010, 09:24 PM   #1
305pride

Drives: 3.4l 1995 camaro
1995 3.4 v6 camaro modifications and general 4th gen discussion

OK. So I don't see any threads that people are really discussing the 4th gens. I think this might start one. Hopefully. I want to hear your stories you have about your 4th gen. I want to hear about the mods you have put into it or about how well you have taken care of it and loved it. Talk about your 4th gen. List what you what mods you want to do to it.

I want to do a lot of things done to my car. I want to get headers, an exhaust, and a cai. That's all for the performance mods for now. Maybe I will want more later. Maybe some mods for the handling too. Ultimately, I just want it to be a cruising car that looks good and has decent power, and not a hot rod. I know I won't get a lot of power with this engine, but that's okay. You do with what you have, right? I'll get a v8 later in life, in camaro or corvette form. I want to do a lot to it visually, like leather seats and nice sporty rims, and new tints. I'll fix up the paint job a bit too. So what do you guys think? Will it be a pretty good car to go to the beach in and have a great time driving it around? I'm going to give this car to my little bro when he turn 17 in like 6 years. I will have my 5th gen by that time. I'm sure he will take care of it because he likes it a lot right now and he is a good kid. I think this car will look bad ass by the time he will get it. I'm sure he will get stares in the high school parking lot because that 4th gen will be a rare sight. I am okay with giving my little bro with this camaro because its a v6, so its a great first car to have.

Sorry about this being so long. I'm sure alot of you wont read all of this. It's just that after I got out of class by 8 pm, I was pretty motivated to write this thread. I love driving my camaro.

P.s. the 3.4l v6 engine is a pretty decent engine. Here is a video of a British sports car with the 3.4l v6 camaro engine in it.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:31 AM   #2
Ant32894
Youjellybra?

Drives: 95 3.4l V6
I put an $80 Cold Air Intake in mine (forgot name) and thats all I want to do right now. Everything is stock. The FlowMasters that were on it were REALLY bad so I had to go to the junk yard and get a cheap single exhaust for now. I want to eventually get window tint, new rims (the stock ones are getting really bad) and some exterior work. I just bought the black signal lights (blinkers and the rear ones). I also put new tires on it in the summer/fall. Car is bairley driven right now (only 15 so I have to wait). Oh and I also want to paint the "CAMARO" on the trunk black (white right now). My brother is 8 right now. He is in LOVE with my car lol. If I still have it and don't sell it (car is worth 4k) I might give it to him. V6 POWER BABY!! haha...
Old 01-08-2010, 08:42 AM   #3
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Moroso CAI, K&N filter, LTCC conversion, Hooker LT's, gutted interior/weight reductions, 1.6 scorpion RR's, plus a few "other" things.

working on a custom intake manifold right now to run the new "Air pump"

she runs mid to high 11s when she isnt broken.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:07 AM   #4
Ant32894
Youjellybra?

I don't want to do too many mods to it already...
1) It is a V6
2) In a few years I am going to buy a V8 so I will save up my money for mods for the V8.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:28 AM   #5
305pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
Moroso CAI, K&N filter, LTCC conversion, Hooker LT's, gutted interior/weight reductions, 1.6 scorpion RR's, plus a few "other" things.

working on a custom intake manifold right now to run the new "Air pump"

she runs mid to high 11s when she isnt broken.
damn, mid to high 11s is fast for any car
Old 01-08-2010, 10:30 AM   #6
305pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant32894 View Post
I put an $80 Cold Air Intake in mine (forgot name) and thats all I want to do right now. Everything is stock. The FlowMasters that were on it were REALLY bad so I had to go to the junk yard and get a cheap single exhaust for now. I want to eventually get window tint, new rims (the stock ones are getting really bad) and some exterior work. I just bought the black signal lights (blinkers and the rear ones). I also put new tires on it in the summer/fall. Car is bairley driven right now (only 15 so I have to wait). Oh and I also want to paint the "CAMARO" on the trunk black (white right now). My brother is 8 right now. He is in LOVE with my car lol. If I still have it and don't sell it (car is worth 4k) I might give it to him. V6 POWER BABY!! haha...
the reason why im not selling my car is because i'll get like $3,000-$1,000 and that doesnt seem alot to me. i would much rather sell it for $5,000. i think thats how much my dad paid for it in 2000.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:41 AM   #7
Ant32894
Youjellybra?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305pride View Post
the reason why im not selling my car is because i'll get like $3,000-$1,000 and that doesnt seem alot to me. i would much rather sell it for $5,000. i think thats how much my dad paid for it in 2000.
True. It depends on a lot of things tho. Like paint, interior, engine, hp. But mine can easily go for $4000 because I have brand new things on it. Within 5years it may go down to $3500 depending on the condition on he car. You never know what would happen. I try to keep mine as nice as possible. No racing, burnouts, fooling around to look cool. I always cover it, hoping to get more for it in the long run. See where I am comming from?
Old 01-08-2010, 11:01 AM   #8
305pride

Quote:
True. It depends on a lot of things tho. Like paint, interior, engine, hp. But mine can easily go for $4000 because I have brand new things on it. Within 5years it may go down to $3500 depending on the condition on he car. You never know what would happen. I try to keep mine as nice as possible. No racing, burnouts, fooling around to look cool. I always cover it, hoping to get more for it in the long run. See where I am comming from?
yea i know. i dont mess around in my car too. post pictures. i want to see if your car atleast looks like its worth $4,000 lol
Old 01-08-2010, 04:53 PM   #9
Ant32894
Youjellybra?

Quote:
yea i know. i dont mess around in my car too. post pictures. i want to see if your car atleast looks like its worth $4,000 lol
My profile under my album. I am currently also fixing some exterior so in the process...
Old 01-08-2010, 05:03 PM   #10
Bulldogwinters
SS #2431

Drives: 2001 Pewter Camaro SS
Quote:
Oh and I also want to paint the "CAMARO" on the trunk black (white right now). .
Honestly, I would assume that would be kinda expensive.. Have you looked into molded letters that fit into the indents? I have stainless steel ones on mine, they were about 80 dollars, and the black polyurethane letters were $55
http://rksport.com/main/part_detail....mdid=1&catid=1
Attached Images

Bulldogwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 05:22 PM   #11
305pride

Quote:
My profile under my album. I am currently also fixing some exterior so in the process...
nice looking car. except for that wing. lol looks good though. i would prefer to have the black paint where the headlights are though and maybe on the roof too.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:40 PM   #12
Ant32894
Youjellybra?

Quote:
nice looking car. except for that wing. lol looks good though. i would prefer to have the black paint where the headlights are though and maybe on the roof too.
Yeah me too. When I bought it the car just had a fresh, cheap paint job. But it was in good condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogwinters View Post
Honestly, I would assume that would be kinda expensive.. Have you looked into molded letters that fit into the indents? I have stainless steel ones on mine, they were about 80 dollars, and the black polyurethane letters were $55
http://rksport.com/main/part_detail....mdid=1&catid=1
Don't have $80 right now :(
I am only 15 and they don't hire 15 year olds here in NY (have to be 16) But I will be 16 on 3/28!
Old 01-08-2010, 10:10 PM   #13
helmincamaro
Official Lounge BAMF

Drives: '97 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to helmincamaro Send a message via Yahoo to helmincamaro
My 97 is all original with the exception of the battery, the alternator, the oil filter and the tires.
helmincamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:36 PM   #14
Bulldogwinters
SS #2431

Drives: 2001 Pewter Camaro SS
Quote:
Don't have $80 right now :(
I am only 15 and they don't hire 15 year olds here in NY (have to be 16) But I will be 16 on 3/28!
Luckily in MT you can work at 15, and I work for my dad so I was guaranteed a job. few more months and you'll be able to get a job. with all that extra cash it's much easier to buy upgrades personally I'm just saving for an 02 SS, the only thing I've got for my Camaro is a CAI
Bulldogwinters is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4th gen camaro