Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 10-28-2012, 07:14 PM   #1
Cmlloveless

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Quick wiring question!

Does anyone know on the DRL's in a 2010 SS/RS which wire is power and which is ground? I am talking about the wires going directly into the back of the p13w bulbs. One is blue and one is black. I am trying to wire up the new ACS eagle-T3 triple LED kit in place of my p13w's and I can't get them to work for the life of me. I followed their instructions to a T, but nothing. My DRL's are on fieldgoals harness so yes they should be on all the time. I tride switching the wiring around and still nothing. I am at a loss on this one.
Cmlloveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:56 PM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Blue = positive

black = negative

are you using T-taps? Might want to check that you cut through the insulation all the way. Then also check to make sure the Fieldgoal harness is properly grounded, I know I had some trouble with that when I was installing mine.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:05 PM   #3
Cmlloveless

Thank you... I have had the fieldgoal harness on for a long time now with no problems... My P13W LEDs work just fine, so it has to be an issue with the way I wired up these new ones.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:13 PM   #4
Cmlloveless

Figured it out! It was my crimping job that was screwed up. I just removed the male/female harness that they come with and did a direct connection between the wires... and BAM! They work just fine now. I must say they are quite nice as well.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:48 PM   #5
CyberPunk223
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 LS Camaro
yep, black is always, always ground, if you have a tester you can always check it as well, and i never use those stupid T-Taps, from my experience they are a complete shot in the dark whether they will work or not. I just cant trust something that cuts halfway or more through the wire to be reliable on a vehicle, I dont even like those crimp splicers or the crimped terminals, they always seem to come loose, I always splice & solder or atleast use small wire nuts with electrical tape. I even solder on all the terminals after crimping them.
CyberPunk223 is offline   Reply With Quote