Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 10-13-2017, 01:15 PM   #29
HOTCIVIC

Drives: Camaro
Looks amazing.
HOTCIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 01:21 PM   #30
SVThis

Drives: 2013 1LE 1SS Victory Red 1 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
I understand the ceramic coating, car looks awesome OP! But what all is involved in “paint correction” and how much correcting can be done?
Paint correction involves the removal or leveling of the clear coat through compounding and polishing. The amount of leveling needed is dependent on how deep the marring is into the clear. as a general rule of thumb if you can catch you finger nail on a scratch, it's not going away. The depth of the clear is also a factor. You want to remove as little clear as possible and not burn through the clear. If you use a random orbital polisher like a Rupes you would have very little chance of ever doing this. A rotary with a wool pad for example in the hands of a novice might be another story. You only want to correct as much as you have to with out removing excessive clear. Polishes also come in different levels of cutting power. A fine cut is used as a last step in the polishing process and will make the paint really pop. An aggressive cut on the other hand will remove the greatest amount of clear and correct much quicker if there is major marring involved. The type of pad used on the polisher is also a factor in the amount of cut. Hope this helps answer you r question a bit.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:32 PM   #31
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVThis View Post
Paint correction involves the removal or leveling of the clear coat through compounding and polishing. The amount of leveling needed is dependent on how deep the marring is into the clear. as a general rule of thumb if you can catch you finger nail on a scratch, it's not going away. The depth of the clear is also a factor. You want to remove as little clear as possible and not burn through the clear. If you use a random orbital polisher like a Rupes you would have very little chance of ever doing this. A rotary with a wool pad for example in the hands of a novice might be another story. You only want to correct as much as you have to with out removing excessive clear. Polishes also come in different levels of cutting power. A fine cut is used as a last step in the polishing process and will make the paint really pop. An aggressive cut on the other hand will remove the greatest amount of clear and correct much quicker if there is major marring involved. The type of pad used on the polisher is also a factor in the amount of cut. Hope this helps answer you r question a bit.
It does, thanks!
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 01:40 PM   #32
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman1969 View Post
WOW! your car looks stunning! I am interested in how this does hold up over the years. being in the auto industry for years there are always some "snake oils" that people are selling and IMO there is SO much money they want to extract from our wallets it leave me skepticle. I am not here to bash! your car looks great and anyone with good eysight knows it!
I tried to briefly look up what the contents of the coating were. On one of the mentioned products websites they mentioned Silicon Dioxide. Likely in powder form, aka crushed glass or sand powder. Also they called the base or carrier product an epoxy. That scares me applying an epoxy over my paint not knowing if it will crack or yellow in time.
I tend to trust products made by big names with chemists developing them like 3M or Dupont. They also stand to lose if the product requires repaint of thousands of cars at their expense.
Edit: Big names of course don't guarantee a quality product. I used sylvania headlight polishing and coating kit and the product sucks. It yellows and doesn't hold up to scratches or durability.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 02:09 PM   #33
BRZN

Drives: 2012 1LT
Adam's gives a 110% money back guarantee, and he's not one of the "big ones". You call Adam's at 1 866 965-0400 and sometimes Adam Pitale, the founder and owner answers the phone. There are only a few automotive chemists in the US, you'd be surprised how many different companies use the same folks to work up their chemicals.

Adam's is actually having a 15% off sale right now through October 17 at midnight MST with $5.00 Flat Rate Shipping or Free Shipping on Orders over $75, use coupon code CLEAN15 at checkout.

Big Companies were small once, and I'll bet they were good at what they did to get big...

Last edited by BRZN; 10-14-2017 at 04:57 AM.
BRZN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 11:20 PM   #34
SynergyGreenSS

Drives: 2011 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVThis View Post

About 40 hours worth of paint preparation before applying C Quartz

Not to thread jack, but how do you like c quartz? How was the application? I've been looking at a few different products and everyone has their own opinion so it's hard to decide
LSA Supercharger, BTR Stage 3 PDS Cam, Yank 3200SS, Weapon X Stage 2 intake, LSA Heads, Flex Fuel, Ported throttle body, Speed Engineering Headers, NOWEEDS, ZL1 fuel pump, DSX AUX Pump, ID-1050X injectors, 3” pipe to NPP mufflers, 3.91 gears
SynergyGreenSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 07:37 AM   #35
SVThis

Drives: 2013 1LE 1SS Victory Red 1 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynergyGreenSS View Post
Not to thread jack, but how do you like c quartz? How was the application? I've been looking at a few different products and everyone has their own opinion so it's hard to decide
It's very hydrophobic and sheds water like crazy. It's not that hard to apply as long as you apply evenly. We did 2 coats and hit it with Reload as a final step.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:57 AM   #36
X-Factor
Chick Racer

Drives: 2017 50th 2SS
Your car looks awesome!

I had my car done with Ceramic Pro in this last month, the Silver Package, and my car came out amazing! This is great for daily driver cars like mine. This totally helps when its time for car shows, etc. that I would spend all day clay barring, waxing etc, and now my time has been cut 1/2. So its definitely a time saver, plus you have a bad azz shine! ;D