Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

sjm autoprod
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-11-2011, 08:04 PM   #1
NicksVSix

Drives: 2014 2LT Red Rock Metallic
OK, how worried should I be?....

So on rainy drive home from work today, I pass a car and a bike, the car is about 2 car lengths behind the bike and they are both doing the speed limit (80km/hr). A passing lane came up and I figured "What the heck." so I passed them, hitting about 95km/hr to do it.

Now as a precursor to what happened later, in hindsight the only think I think I could have possibly done wrong is turn into the right lane a bit too early, NOT cutting off the bike, but possibly unduly spraying the biker with rain mist from my tires and car. (he had no visor or windshield) If that's what it was, it was an honest mistake, it's not like I meant to do it.

Anyway, I turn into my subdivision about 3 km down the road and as I'm getting my work gear out of the trunk of my car the biker rides by slowly and says :"Good, now I know where you park." and he sped off.

It took me a while to register what had just happened then I jumped in my car to go after him to at least get a plate, but he was long gone.

I called the cops just to make a report, but they said (obviously) that without plates they can't do anything, but they were sure he was just making either an empty threat or getting my address to file a police complaint about my driving.

But he said "I know where you PARK." not, "I know where to LIVE." so I am percieving that as a threat against my car.

Am I being paranoid or would you guys be worried too? Any suggestions beynd what I did already?
Old 07-11-2011, 08:07 PM   #2
Prospective Buyer

Drives: Acura TL Acura MDX
"Remain calm, carry on"

All kidding aside. Don't live your life in paranoia. If you feel like it, park somewhere else if possible.

IMO the guy was jealous of your car. Jealously can lead to bad things but, I wouldn't worry to much.
Prospective Buyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:08 PM   #3
suplex

Drives: 2011 Coupe, 1LT, A6, No RS Package.
I would take precautions myself. The only thing is, you can't ALWAYS be there, so it's difficult to do anything about it. About the only thing you could do is if you have a surveillance camera you can film your car so you have proof if he does anything. I do understand your unsettled feeling though.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:09 PM   #4
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
I think it was an honest mistake, IMO! You didn't intentionally spray him with the rain from the road. Not only that but being on a bike he should understand that something like that might happen to him on rainy days and not take it personally. On the threat part, I would take it personally that he will vandalize the car later. However, it could be what the cops said and just an open threat, but I wouldn't let your guard down one second. Keep an eye out or if you have a garage, MAKE ROOM!!
Mysteek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:16 PM   #5
Jus1dab

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Just be cool. If he really was going to do something he would not have said anything to you.

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
Jus1dab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:18 PM   #6
armoredslayer

Drives: 2016 Black Camaro 2SS
He must be from the area, maybe keep an eye out for him next few days to an from work to see if he travels same times you do and snag his tag that way. Setting up camera was good idea 2 for a few days to keep watch over car.
armoredslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:29 PM   #7
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I'm with the camera idea, you ride in the rain without a shield this sort of thing is bound to happen.
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:35 PM   #8
NicksVSix

Any ideas where I could get a camera that's meant for this sort of thing?
Old 07-11-2011, 08:37 PM   #9
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '17 Corvette Z51 Coupe
do you have a garage?? hopefully so......and if so......always put your car in the garage.....and shut the door.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:39 PM   #10
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY
...this is my addiction!

Drives: SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteek View Post
I think it was an honest mistake, IMO! You didn't intentionally spray him with the rain from the road. Not only that but being on a bike he should understand that something like that might happen to him on rainy days and not take it personally. On the threat part, I would take it personally that he will vandalize the car later. However, it could be what the cops said and just an open threat, but I wouldn't let your guard down one second. Keep an eye out or if you have a garage, MAKE ROOM!!
^this plus the camera idea.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:40 PM   #11
NicksVSix

I have a garage, but we put our gardening equipment in it, including a ride on mower which my wife is refusing to allow me to store outside to make room for the Camaro while this guy cools down.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:09 PM   #12
mike25

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Uhhhh i would be buying a cover for the mower and telling the wife that that was how it was going to be for a few days...
2LT/RS M6 CGM VIN#53104 SOLD

2012 Black 2SS/RS w/ Hurst-

Mods:
Corsa catback, SSE, Vararam
mike25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:11 PM   #13
NicksVSix

Yeah, I'm a little frustrated by the fact that the contents of the garage are being given an higher priority than my CAR.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:19 PM   #14
Majic
Majic

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS. Crystal Red.
Put the car in the garage and tell your wife to get over it!!
Majic is offline   Reply With Quote