Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-21-2011, 01:46 PM   #15
JoshBobGuptaMarley
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: '12 2SS/RS LS3 GBA
Sorry, I just thought you were making some wild assumptions with very little real facts, that's all. Not trying to rip your head off. Hehe
Old 11-21-2011, 01:47 PM   #16
PLuche

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Vararam is not available for the 2012's yet.

Also, there is no "marketing scheme" here (as someone eluded to) as both years are the same price, had that not been the case then I'd say you might be on to something, although I sill doubt it.

Bill is a stand up guy, if he says there is a difference between the 2 (no matter how subtle) I believe him. Just call and ask him the difference, he'll tell you.
I know they are priced the same and this is why I posted on one of my comments that there is no price different on the website which means they are not trying to make extra money from customers who are buying it new. I was just saying that if the 10/11' model fits the 12' then maybe they didn't want us to buy it used and pay less money. They would want us to buy it new from them.
Either way my question has been answered thanks to the replies and I will just have to save up some $ and buy it new
PLuche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:52 PM   #17
PLuche

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBobGuptaMarley View Post
Sorry, I just thought you were making some wild assumptions with very little real facts, that's all. Not trying to rip your head off. Hehe
Its ok, I am not the kind of person that likes to make wild assumptions. I just wanted to see if there was a way for me to buy a used intake to save some money. No Harm Intended to C.A.I or anyone else.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:10 PM   #18
PLuche

One Last Question... Is this an Oil filter or a Dry Filter? I couldn't seem to find the answer on the website. Thanks in Advance!
Old 11-21-2011, 02:20 PM   #19
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrvingLudwig View Post
One Last Question... Is this an Oil filter or a Dry Filter? I couldn't seem to find the answer on the website. Thanks in Advance!
Oiled
Old 11-21-2011, 02:40 PM   #20
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Besides the MAF sensor change, everyone does realize that GM changed the radiator in the 2012 models and it messed up how most, if not all, aftermarket intakes fit, right?

CAI was just the first to get theirs updated for the 2012 fitment.

2010-2011:

2012:
Old 11-21-2011, 03:01 PM   #21
PLuche

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Oiled
Thanks!
Old 11-21-2011, 03:05 PM   #22
PLuche

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
Besides the MAF sensor change, everyone does realize that GM changed the radiator in the 2012 models and it messed up how most, if not all, aftermarket intakes fit, right?

CAI was just the first to get theirs updated for the 2012 fitment.

2010-2011:

2012:
Nice point! Didn't even realize I knew they changed the cylinder head design with integrated exhaust manifold but didn't pay attention to the radiator.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:57 AM   #23
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
So I have been looking around to get a Cold Air Inductions (CAI) air intake for my 2012 V6 Camaro. I have found some good deals on here for some used intakes that a couple of fellow forum members are trying to sell. Unfortunately it says that those particular models are for the 2010-2011 V6 Camaro and not the 2012. If you go to the company's website you can see that they have an intake for the 10/11 and a different intake for the 2012 V6 but when you compare them next to each other, they have the same exact specs! and even the picture is the exact same picture.

So my questions is.... Do you guys/gals think that they are just doing this so us 2012 V6 owners have to spend the extra cash of a brand new intake (which will be the exact same as previous model)?

Because I am sure they are aware that many ppl are selling their intakes and since there are probably not many if any people with a 2012 CAI intake that want to sell theirs, then they just want to stop us from saving some money by buying it used from someone else.

Either way I will probably buy a CAI intake in the future either new or used but I wanted to see what you guys think of this. Here are the specs that I got from their website. www.coldairinductions.com

Part # 501-1036-10 (2010-2011 Camaro V6 Intake)
• 16 rwhp (NO Tune required!!)

Intake System Includes:
• Aluminum Insulated Air Box
• Air Box lid
• 3.5" (89 mm) Black Ceramic Coated Intake Tube
• High Performance Air Filter (CF-8350)
• Black Silicone Elbow / Stainless Clamps
• Installation instructions

Part # 501-1036-12 (2012 Camaro V6 Intake)
• 16 rwhp (NO Tune required!!)

Intake System Includes:
• Aluminum Insulated Air Box
• Air Box lid
• 3.5" (89 mm) Black Ceramic Coated Intake Tube
• High Performance Air Filter (CF-8350)
• Black Silicone Elbow / Stainless Clamps
• Installation instructions

Short Description
Maximize your Camaro's performance with our high performance air intake system. Our intakes surpass our competitors with superior quality and craftsmanship while achieving outstanding performance gains. We see on average, a 16 rwhp increase on otherwise stock 3.6l's.

This is a direct replacement for the OEM air box. No modifications required: Retains the OEM washer bottle in the stock location
Maximize your Camaro's performance with our high performance air intake system. Our intakes surpass our competitors with superior quality and craftsmanship while achieving outstanding performance gains. We see on average, a 16 rwhp increase on otherwise stock 3.6l's.

SKU 501-1036-10; 501-1036-12
The housing for the MAF is different, all the specs are listed as the same because they are the same. The only thing that is different is that the Housing that the MAF screws into is a different shape, I think they actually changed it so that its the same housing bung that is used for the V8. It is different, and I believe we are still the only manufacturer who has addressed the issue and produced one specific for the 2012 V6, which is probably why we have been selling them like crazy! Hope this helps.

Quote:
Watch this video:

http://www.coldairinductions.com/air...ers-in-action/
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:54 PM   #24
PLuche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill @ CAI Inc View Post
The housing for the MAF is different, all the specs are listed as the same because they are the same. The only thing that is different is that the Housing that the MAF screws into is a different shape, I think they actually changed it so that its the same housing bung that is used for the V8. It is different, and I believe we are still the only manufacturer who has addressed the issue and produced one specific for the 2012 V6, which is probably why we have been selling them like crazy! Hope this helps.

Watch this video:

http://www.coldairinductions.com/air...ers-in-action/
Yes I believe you guys are the only ones so far that have addressed that issue. Thanks!

And I should of payed more attention to the video when it said "8 layer oil filter" That should have answered my oil or dry filter question.

BTW do you guys offer a dry filter instead of oil?
Old 11-24-2011, 06:16 PM   #25
MistyBlu10
GOBLIN

Drives: 2015 SS Convertable Green Flash
airaid

I had a 10 lt2 with airaid cai now I have a 12 45th and the maf sensor dose not fit called them they said they were still testing the cais on the 12s they would be out in 4 to6 weeks so I'm hoping they will just give me a new tube

2015 2SS Green Flash Edition
2012 Camaro LFX 45th born 9/24/11 sold 4/1/15
2013 Equinox LTZ
2013 Cruze LTZ
2010 LT2 BLUE RS CAMARO TRADED FOR 45TH
2011 COLARADO Z71 TRADED FOR MALABU
2011 MALABU LTZ TRADED FOR BLUE CAMARO
2007 Z71 Avalanche LTZ
1987 K5 Blazer
BOWTIES AS BLOOD CELLS
GM RULES
MistyBlu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:00 PM   #26
bluecam805
Team LFX

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Is their and updates to this thread? like simply drilling new holes to the 2011 intake so the maf fits? i was told its easy to do but is it really? any feed back or news please pm me
bluecam805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:55 PM   #27
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLuche View Post
Yes I believe you guys are the only ones so far that have addressed that issue. Thanks!

And I should of payed more attention to the video when it said "8 layer oil filter" That should have answered my oil or dry filter question.

BTW do you guys offer a dry filter instead of oil?
We do not, we only offer an oiled filter media (based on our extensive research and experience we have found they filter better as well as allow better flow, not to mention they are a better long term purchase for the customer for $$ savings) Hope that helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecam805 View Post
Is their and updates to this thread? like simply drilling new holes to the 2011 intake so the maf fits? i was told its easy to do but is it really? any feed back or news please pm me
Simply drilling new holes is out of the question, the 2 MAF's are completely different. I think the picture of the old housing next to the new housing explains it all. Take a look.

Sorry the pic is a little blurry, I just went and took it quickly from my Iphone. As you can see they are completely different in size, shape and orientation.

If you are interested, we have CAI's made specifically for the 2012 V6 Camaro. Since we were the first and are one of the few if not the only company who offers a CAI specific for the 2012 V6 Camaro owners, we have been selling them like crazy!!! Here is the direct link, let me know if you have any questions, Thanks!!

http://www.coldairinductions.com/sto...maro/3-6l/2012
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:32 AM   #28
bluecam805
Team LFX

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
thanks C.A.I really appreciate it that pic does tell it all . extremely glad i bought one new for the 2012
bluecam805 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cai, camaro v6, cold air intake, intake, performace