Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-01-2010, 07:38 PM   #1
kevin1

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
All OEM Fog light on an LS ?

I've been all through the threads and found notta. Has anyone put all the missing components for fog lights on an LS and have A dealer successfully reprogram the BCM and have them work? I got the wiring harness, fog lights, bezels, and light switch soon.
kevin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:34 PM   #2
ABM/IOM

Drives: aqua blue ls and inferno orange ss
i have installed the factory fog lamps and bezels and harness. i also got a new headlight switch for my l.s. and found that after doing all this the lights still won't work. Do i have to have the dealer program something for them to work?
ABM/IOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:39 PM   #3
ABM/IOM

The l.s. i have already had the fog light fuse and relay in the underhood fuse panel from the factory, so i have no idea why the lights won't work. After spending 2 hours installing all the factory lights, bezels, and harness (which you have to remove the front bumper to do the harness) it was very frustrating to find that the lights didn't work. I called the dealer the next day and found the headlight switch had to be changed out for a new one that had the pushbutton in it for the fog lights. i tried that and they still didn't work. I'm at my wits end with this project.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:29 PM   #4
FirstCamaro2k10

Drives: 2010 Silver Ice Metallic Camaro LS
i went aftermarket, and no issues, i tried to get the fogs from the dealer when i got the car, but found out fast, that they didnt offer a KIT, which is BS, but owell, i went aftermarket because of it. I like em just fine.
FirstCamaro2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:00 AM   #5
ABM/IOM

I called the dealer and they can not program the BCM on an LS to make the fogs work. A program doesn't exist according to G.M. They state that if you bought the LS model , it doesn't come with fogs, so tough luck. Their opinion basically is that you should have bought an lt model. Well in my case it wasn't a money issue, it was an issue with i'm not paying all that extra money for some ugly ass 18 or 19 inch wheels to just get the fog lights i wanted. $2,000 more(at least) for that? When i am changing the wheels anyway. The Ls i have looks like an SS clone now. So to finally get the fogs working, all i had to do was run the fog wires to the bumper side marker lights. Now theywork just fine.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:30 PM   #6
Berean

Drives: Truck
Can you elaborate on how you got these hooked up to the side marker lights? Any pics etc?

Thanks!
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:13 AM   #7
mistasullivan

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS, 1969 El Camino
Here is a link for an aftermarket fog light kit for LS Camaros.

http://www.bfxenon.com/ProductDetail...=HID-CAMAROLSF
mistasullivan is offline   Reply With Quote