Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-30-2008, 02:33 PM   #43
SAE05
inconspicuous observer

Drives: 05 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

There were some that declared the Camaro dead.......forever. Big Bob did. I have it hanging up in my office.
Others - like you -- kept the faith. Indeed I did

There were some that said the Camaro would never come back. Bob insisted repeatedly, perhaps a façade?
Others - like you -- kept the faith. Amen brother

YOU are the ones to whom we dedicate this new Camaro!

Old 08-30-2008, 02:43 PM   #44
16yearoldcamarodriver
Advanced Senior Member

Drives: Mercedes ML350 '06
AMEN!!
:party0038:

16yearoldcamarodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 08:40 PM   #45
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I think I have to admit I don't believe I really qualify as one who 'kept the faith' since the Camaro went away in 2002.

I've always liked Camaro's since my first car was that '82 Camaro Berlinetta. I traded that for a '91 that I had for 2 years. Then it was a 7 year gap before I had another.

I'd heard that they were going to cease production of the Camaro with the 2002 model. I'd wanted a 4th gen Camaro since they came out in 1993 so I knew I HAD to have a new Camaro before they were gone completely.

So within 2 months I'd searched online for exactly what I wanted (there was only 1 in the entire state of NJ) and purchased it.

But after that I'd resigned myself to knowing I would probably never buy another new Camaro. I've never been one to care about modifying my cars beyond some small visual personalization, so didn't search out Camaro sites and info online.

It wasn't until that 5 second video and hearing 'new Camaro' on the news in January '06 that I even had any inkling that the Camaro was possibly coming back.

I was glad to hear it and immediately searched online for it (thus finding this site as well as CZ28.com). My mother even said she was going to ask if I had heard about the new Camaro, but I asked her first (she and my father both like Camaro's also).

So for 4 years (2002-2006) I didn't even know there was any 'faith' to be kept.

But I'm immensely thankful for those of you that did. LOL I've regretted trading my 2002 Camaro ever since I did it. And now because of you all my lust for the new one is even greater than the desire I had to own one of the 'final' 2002's.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 01:06 AM   #46
warbird81

Drives: 1995 camaro, 2005 sts
i am officially obsessed
Old 08-31-2008, 09:11 AM   #47
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
I think I have to admit I don't believe I really qualify as one who 'kept the faith' since the Camaro went away in 2002.

I've always liked Camaro's since my first car was that '82 Camaro Berlinetta. I traded that for a '91 that I had for 2 years. Then it was a 7 year gap before I had another.

I'd heard that they were going to cease production of the Camaro with the 2002 model. I'd wanted a 4th gen Camaro since they came out in 1993 so I knew I HAD to have a new Camaro before they were gone completely.

So within 2 months I'd searched online for exactly what I wanted (there was only 1 in the entire state of NJ) and purchased it.

But after that I'd resigned myself to knowing I would probably never buy another new Camaro. I've never been one to care about modifying my cars beyond some small visual personalization, so didn't search out Camaro sites and info online.

It wasn't until that 5 second video and hearing 'new Camaro' on the news in January '06 that I even had any inkling that the Camaro was possibly coming back.

I was glad to hear it and immediately searched online for it (thus finding this site as well as CZ28.com). My mother even said she was going to ask if I had heard about the new Camaro, but I asked her first (she and my father both like Camaro's also).

So for 4 years (2002-2006) I didn't even know there was any 'faith' to be kept.

But I'm immensely thankful for those of you that did. LOL I've regretted trading my 2002 Camaro ever since I did it. And now because of you all my lust for the new one is even greater than the desire I had to own one of the 'final' 2002's.
I'd say you definitely have kept the faith. The way I see it. Your here, and you are excited about the return camaro.

As far as I'm concerned, consider yourself "Counted among the faithful." Wich goes for most everyone here.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:31 PM   #48
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
Thank YOU Scott and all other GM and Camaro team members. The 2010 Camaro will be a huge success.

I am sooooooooo looking forward to INDY!!!

Cancelled the 2010 SS/RS (for now) and bought this instead (2009 Harley FLHX)
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:42 PM   #49
smike07

Drives: 1998 convertible Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
At 9:04 am on August 27, 2002

YOU are the ones to whom we dedicate this new Camaro!