Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-18-2011, 02:27 PM   #15
fmcooper

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 'Vert
I think my wife is pretty convinced she doesn't *want* to drive it, unless I need some backup for long trips... Fear the SS LOL
fmcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:17 PM   #16
exflirt
Corvette Goddess

Drives: Soon - 2015 Z06 Convertible
Even though it is very rare that I let someone else drive my car, I move my seat all the time and wish it had a memory feature. My back and neck are pretty bad from a previous accident, and when I get everything in that sweet spot I want to be able to go right back to it.

- When I drop anything in between the seat and console, my seat gets moved.
- When I bring my car in for service, my seat gets moved.
- When I am vacuuming and cleaning my car, my seat gets moved.
- When I am making certain mods to my car, my seat gets moved.
- When family/friends drive my car, safety dictates that my seat gets moved.

Sometimes it can take me a week to get back to that "everything's just right" feeling. It is so much worse for anyone who might share their car with a partner.
8.26.2014 - Deposit placed with Mike Furman @ Criswell Corvette in MD for 2015 2LZ Laguna Blue Z06 Convertible, navigation, carbon flash gfx, carbon flash stinger stripe, spectra gray wheels, dark gray calipers, gray interior, suede seat inserts. EXCITED is an understatement!
exflirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:45 PM   #17
KnuckleBuster
A Virginia Drifter

Drives: Pick-um-up
Quote:
Originally Posted by exflirt View Post
Even though it is very rare that I let someone else drive my car, I move my seat all the time and wish it had a memory feature. My back and neck are pretty bad from a previous accident, and when I get everything in that sweet spot I want to be able to go right back to it.

Sometimes it can take me a week to get back to that "everything's just right" feeling. It is so much worse for anyone who might share their car with a partner.
+1
Old 08-18-2011, 06:53 PM   #18
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Heck my brides 16" shorter than me and memory settings would be great. I loved the feature in my Vette......... I really dislike opening the door in a hard pouring rain storm after she has driven it, and left the darn seat parked in its most forward postion and raised it until it is nearly touching the steering wheel.......argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She's been warned to put things back the way she found them. But always seems to forget...........some things never change........lol
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:10 PM   #19
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
We had memory seats in our 99 Vette and they were invaluable because we both drove the car. The seats and especially the mirrors were totally different for each of us. It would be a nice feature on the Camaro but if I order the manual, memory seats would not be used very often.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:19 PM   #20
coolman

Memory seats are great for the first month you have the car. I've never owned a car with memory seat that they worked the way they were supposed to for much longer than that.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:53 PM   #21
PatsRS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
I have had a memory seats in my 04 Envoy and loved the feature. Was not happy that my 09 Acadia did not have it. My wife's new Denali has it. Totally worth it. it would be nice in the camaro but I can live without it. I do want the 6 way power passenger seat though.

GM ALL THE WAY!

PatsRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:58 PM   #22
RayYork
LordVader

Drives: 2011 RS 2SS 99 BMW 328i 96 K1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
Sure. Don't let anyone else drive it.
+1

No one driving my Camaro but me
RayYork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:38 AM   #23
richard200593

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary RS
Has anyone came up with a retrofit memory seat yet? My wife has pretty short legs so trying to get in and out of the car is a pain when the seat is so far up, and holding the power seat button for 5 seconds waiting for it to go back gets her very frustrated lol.
richard200593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:44 AM   #24
yellowrs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS 426 V8 M/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by alini View Post
I never understood the whole memory seat thing. I drive the car, I stays where I left it. Its remembered

In my old Vette it would constantly want to make minor adjustments when I cranked it up because the seat was worn in. Was annoying
Ya til you take it to the car wash. There they will push you seat all the way to the front!!!
yellowrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:55 AM   #25
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by alini View Post
I never understood the whole memory seat thing. I drive the car, I stays where I left it. Its remembered

In my old Vette it would constantly want to make minor adjustments when I cranked it up because the seat was worn in. Was annoying
until a mechanic, detailer, whatever has to drive it or move it into a mechanics bay, and he adjusts your seat to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyute View Post
My CTS had this and I found it to be a worthless feature. Maybe if you have a weight problem it could be helpful.
having a weight problem or maybe someone that is disabled like myself.. It takes me a long time to get my seat perfect so that there is no pressure on my titanium femur, hip, and pelvis. Anyone moves my seat and it causes me considerable discomfort and pain..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessal View Post
I wish the seats would slide forward all the way when you let passengers in and then go back to the correct setting.

THIS^^^^^^^^^ x 1,000,000,000,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phail View Post
90% of the cars on the road are only driven by one person. The only reason it's not in the car is cost savings. Weight reductions a reason they can use that at least makes sense, but we all know it all comes down to the mighty dollar.

You don't expect some of these bells and whistles in a muscle car, so they can leave them out and save money, regardless of reason.
weight is not an issue, it comes down to money. My 300c had memory seats and swapping out the base for SRT seats is a very common practice with 300, Charger, Magnum owners.. I had the chance to actually weigh the memory and none memory seats, and they weight exactly the same.

the memory module and the switch add less than 1 lbs to the total weight of the vehicle. It comes down to money, nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exflirt View Post

Old 11-24-2012, 12:49 PM   #26
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
Does anyone know if another GM vehicle has a memory seat module that is compatible with our seats bottoms? If it attaches to just the driver seat than there is a possibility. It wouldn't work with the mirrors, but it's a start for those who want it.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:25 PM   #27
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by intensifi View Post
Does anyone know if another GM vehicle has a memory seat module that is compatible with our seats bottoms? If it attaches to just the driver seat than there is a possibility. It wouldn't work with the mirrors, but it's a start for those who want it.

it's not just the module, the seat motors are different, as the memory seats require a low voltage stepper motor with position sensors., and the non-memory use a high voltage standard motor.

aside from that, like everything else on these cars, you have to have the BCM programmed to cooperate or you will be spinning your wheels in mud going no where.

there are china made aftermarket devices that use timing opposed to position sensors, but they are pretty much crap.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:49 PM   #28
Classic-Chevy-Guy

Drives: 2024 Camaro LT and 2023 Corvette Z
Last 3 of my cars had memory seats, but the easy-in/easy-out feature, where the seat retracts on exit, and moves up at start-up was a great feature.
Classic-Chevy-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote