Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 06-30-2014, 05:32 PM   #281
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Any news on your issues? After a long weekend in Charlotte, NC and all the car stuff I saw I am ready to go to Slowhawk Performance next Spring and get Christine some updates.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:03 PM   #282
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Drives: '12 2LT/RS; '14 2SS/RS LS3 SSE
Hey Indy,
Just stopping in to see how things are going. Sorry to hear the 'issues' are still hanging around.
Hope you can get some answers soon.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:50 AM   #283
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Lover View Post
Any news on your issues? After a long weekend in Charlotte, NC and all the car stuff I saw I am ready to go to Slowhawk Performance next Spring and get Christine some updates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_krazee View Post
Hey Indy,
Just stopping in to see how things are going. Sorry to hear the 'issues' are still hanging around.
Hope you can get some answers soon.
Thanks for your concern and, welcome back! It's been pretty quiet around here with both of you on the road. My "issues" are so minor I feel a bit guilty whining about them. It's just not as sharp as stock on cold start. Maybe that just comes with the territory. Still discussing with my tuner....

Heading for Camaro SuperFest in Michigan on Friday. First stop will be Michigan International Speedway with about 200 other Camaros taking laps then on to the host hotel in Yipsilanti (suburb of Ann Arbor) where they are expecting about 500 Camaros. I hope to meet the renown Ms. Becky of Rodgers Chevrolet, mingle with some Chevy brass, and see a lot of fantastically modded Camaros which will no doubt give me new ideas on spending money. The weather forecast is for perfect vert weather all weekend! Lots of pics coming.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:13 AM   #284
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydriver View Post
Thanks for your concern and, welcome back! It's been pretty quiet around here with both of you on the road. My "issues" are so minor I feel a bit guilty whining about them. It's just not as sharp as stock on cold start. Maybe that just comes with the territory. Still discussing with my tuner....

Heading for Camaro SuperFest in Michigan on Friday. First stop will be Michigan International Speedway with about 200 other Camaros taking laps then on to the host hotel in Yipsilanti (suburb of Ann Arbor) where they are expecting about 500 Camaros. I hope to meet the renown Ms. Becky of Rodgers Chevrolet, mingle with some Chevy brass, and see a lot of fantastically modded Camaros which will no doubt give me new ideas on spending money. The weather forecast is for perfect vert weather all weekend! Lots of pics coming.
I seem to have a little bit of a rough idle when I first start the engine. Hubby doesn't think it's anything though.

Wow! What a fun holiday week end for you!! I'm jealous!
No doubt you'll get new ideas on how to decrease your bank account...lol!
Have tons of fun and safe travels!
Old 07-01-2014, 10:38 AM   #285
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Take lots of pics

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:22 PM   #286
Muscle Car Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
Take lots of pics

Ryan
Yes! Your pictures are always so great, can't wait to see some from the Fest.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Old 07-01-2014, 05:49 PM   #287
AuburnGrad93

Drives: 2018 Ford F-150 Lariat 4x4
Hey Indi! Love your car and great job on the journal! Gotta love those rally stripes! Anyway, after seeing your car with the Motegi wheels, I gotta say I have added those to my wish list for mine! Love them! A couple of questions for you tho....as I live in the Sunny South, I would leave them on all the time. I have Hawk ceramic pads on my car and the thus the break dust has been cut down significantly. But I am still wondering how hard these white wheels are going to be to keep clean? So after driving for a few months now, what's your verdict?? And Thanks in advance!!

My Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224339
AuburnGrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:02 PM   #288
Indydriver

Auburngrad, thanks for the props and thanks for stoppin' in. I am definitely looking at Hawk ceramics and glad to hear they are working well for you.

While I love the Look of the Motegi 126 white wheels, they are a weekly project to keep clean and presentable. I do not currently have a good cleaning solution other than getting in there with a small squared off sponge. There are lots of squared off nooks and cranies so it's a lot of work. When I clean my car, I spend about 15 minutes per wheel going over each three times wet and once to dry. I am still looking for the optimum cleaning tool. The best
looking one I've seen (but yet to buy) is Wheel Woolies. This will be at top of mind as I peruse fellow aficionados at the Fest.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:10 PM   #289
Muscle Car Lover

Quote:
Auburngrad, thanks for the props and thanks for stoppin' in. I am definitely looking at Hawk ceramics and glad to hear they are working well for you.

While I love the Look of the Motegi 126 white wheels, they are a weekly project to keep clean and presentable. I do not currently have a good cleaning solution other than getting in there with a small squared off sponge. There are lots of squared off nooks and cranies so it's a lot of work. When I clean my car, I spend about 15 minutes per wheel going over each three times wet and once to dry. I am still looking for the optimum cleaning tool. The best
looking one I've seen (but yet to buy) is Wheel Woolies. This will be at top of mind as I peruse fellow aficionados at the Fest.
Can you guys coat them with something? I know NASCAR teams use a PAM cooking spray type thing to keep the brake dust low. How hard you guys driving these things?

Old 07-01-2014, 06:26 PM   #290
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

This is my new wheel cleaning toy.
It works great. I also 'blow dry' my car, and it really cuts down on the time I spend on my wheels! After I blow dry the wheels, I spritz a light mist of detail spray on them and go over them with the micro-fiber, lint free cloth.
hth!
Old 07-01-2014, 06:40 PM   #291
Muscle Car Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_krazee View Post
This is my new wheel cleaning toy.
It works great. I also 'blow dry' my car, and it really cuts down on the time I spend on my wheels! After I blow dry the wheels, I spritz a light mist of detail spray on them and go over them with the micro-fiber, lint free cloth.
hth!
I gotta get one!

Old 07-01-2014, 06:51 PM   #292
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
I have coated my black wheels with collinite which doesn't help. These stock pads are awful. Leaves so much dust on them. I am leaking towards ebc red stuff pads.

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:34 PM   #293
AuburnGrad93

Drives: 2018 Ford F-150 Lariat 4x4
Quote:

So I wonder if this would be the case with the ceramic pads I use. I noticed an immediate improvement in the amount of break dust on my wheels after installing the Hawk's pads. Before I installed them, the break dust was awful!

My Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224339
AuburnGrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 04:28 AM   #294
Indydriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnGrad93 View Post
So I wonder if this would be the case with the ceramic pads I use. I noticed an immediate improvement in the amount of break dust on my wheels after installing the Hawk's pads. Before I installed them, the break dust was awful!
Did you notice any loss of braking power? I've read other members say they are slightly less than OE.