Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-24-2009, 05:25 AM   #1
2L8IWON

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS SIM
ARH/NOWEEDS/BORLA - Please Help Me to Decide!

I'm hoping you can help me here. I'm definitely planning on having the ARH long tubes headers installed. Problem now is that I can't figure out if it's best for me to add a Borla S axle back or the Noweeds diverter kit or both. I guess my main question is will the noweeds diverters open up louder than the ARH LT's and Borla muffllers if I want that once in awhile or will there be no point in adding the noweeds diverters with the already aggressive ARH LT's and Borla mufflers?
I figure the noweeds diverters will get me loud enough when I want with the ARH's, but I'm leaning for the Borla for the all-the-time deeper sound.
I also don't want to drive my family and neighbors nuts with noise, but I want it to sound like it's supposed to while fitting it's image. That's why it's hard for me to figure this out.

What do you guys think the best option is here...
ARH LT's + NOWEEDS diverters?
ARH LT's + BORLA axle back?
ARH LT's + Borla axle back + NOWEEDS?
Old 08-24-2009, 05:44 AM   #2
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
don't need the muffler. diverters do just fine.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:52 AM   #3
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
don't need the muffler. diverters do just fine.
+1

That thing would sound CRAZY with the LTs and Noweeds,

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:18 AM   #4
Yellow2010

Drives: Rally Yellow 2SS 2010
NOWEEDS!!!! Have it, get it, and you will love it!!!
Old 08-24-2009, 11:26 AM   #5
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
Isnt the Noweeds a 2.5" kit?
That would be a restricting point in the system then
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:42 AM   #6
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZcamaro View Post
Isnt the Noweeds a 2.5" kit?
That would be a restricting point in the system then
They're in the process of making a kit that mates up with the ARH LT Headers, basically a 3" version.

I'd personally be worried about the lack of back pressure at that point and a loss of low-end torque.

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:06 PM   #7
now

Drives: silverado ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
They're in the process of making a kit that mates up with the ARH LT Headers, basically a 3" version.

I'd personally be worried about the lack of back pressure at that point and a loss of low-end torque.
Here is a sneak peek at the 3" ARE system. Subject so small changes of course. Shown here are the diverters backwards from how they will actually be installed. The actuators will go to the outside edge of the car. This unit will replace the lap joint just before the "X" pipe and direct the exhaust back around, down, and out just like our factory systems.

2 cuts and 2 clamps per side and you are done. With the exception of the wiring.

now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:26 PM   #8
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
They look good. I am definetly interested in becoming a dealer....

PM sent
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:26 PM   #9
2L8IWON

Good advice so far you guys. I'm definitely planning on the ARH LT's and NOWEEDS diverters!!! Still taking votes on whether after-market mufflers will be needed.
As far as the diverter switch goes, is it true that there are three buttons. One for closed, one for open and one in between to keep set wherever you want for normal driving? If this is true then I definitely don't need mufflers, but I still have to wonder what the difference is between that prefered position sound on the diverters and a set of Borlas for everyday driving. If the sound is pretty comparable or better without the Borlas, my analyzing is over. I need input on this please.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:29 PM   #10
Bewenched

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Bewenched Send a message via MSN to Bewenched
JBA just came out with all their headers, midpipes and exhaust systems for the camaros as well...
Bewenched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:45 PM   #11
khislop007
ZEUSS

Drives: Hard!
I went with the ARH LT's and Borla. The noweeds is nice and I might go with this in the future if they come out with the 3".
Old 08-25-2009, 12:26 AM   #12
2L8IWON

QUOTE=khislop007;839955]I went with the ARH LT's and Borla. The noweeds is nice and I might go with this in the future if they come out with the 3".[/QUOTE]

Dude! I'd love to hear a sound clip of your ARH and Borla if you can get one. I'm sure others are waiting for this as well.
Adding noweeds diverters after the ARH and Borlas is what I'm really curious to see how the noise level goes up to another level.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:46 AM   #13
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8IWON View Post

Dude! I'd love to hear a sound clip of your ARH and Borla if you can get one. I'm sure others are waiting for this as well.
Adding noweeds diverters after the ARH and Borlas is what I'm really curious to see how the noise level goes up to another level.
The Borla's won't affect the Noweeds system at all. It'll sound the same regardless of an aftermarket or stock exhaust.

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:20 PM   #14
2L8IWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
The Borla's won't affect the Noweeds system at all. It'll sound the same regardless of an aftermarket or stock exhaust.
Very true! I guess my main point is to figure out which has the better sound between the ARH+Borla and the ARH+NOWEEDS. I've definitely decided to do the ARH+NOWEEDS, but I really want to know if driving with the Borlas would be a more enjoyable sound for everyday driving. That's what I can't figure out because of no sound clips or videos yet.
Really would like to hear the sound of the ARH+3" NOWEEDS to compare to the ARH+BORLAS!