Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 05:51 PM   #351
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Any description or video does not do this kit justice. WOW, what a difference. I had mine installed yesterday and everyone there was shocked. We were listening to it for a couple minutes, revving it and what not; I closed the diverter and everyone thought the car had stalled. That's how loud it is.

The sounds this thing makes at certain revs, you can only believe and hear in person. It sounds like a wild animal. I'll be making some videos soon, but anyone coming to Bellmore tomorrow (weather permitting) will hear me coming a mile away.

Another thing I wanted to add is, I'm glad I got this over a new exhaust. I don't think any aftermarket Borla, Corsa, etc would give me a sound like this. Even if it did, I wouldn't want to have it blasting my ears all the time, so having the ability to go back to stock is great.

Power-wise, I was never able to chirp the tires with TC on, now I do. Take that for what it is.

Thanks Steve and everyone at Noweeds for making me feel like a have a brand new car

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Old 08-22-2009, 11:35 PM   #352
Yellow2010

Drives: Rally Yellow 2SS 2010
Steve, mad props to you and your team. Took mine to the cruise-in tonight and everyone could not believe the sound. Everyone that heard it loved it. I throw your company's name out every chance I get, you may get some calls this week. Hope so any way. Hey Steve do ya'll have any t-shirts made up with your company info on it. I am going to a week long event on the Mississippi coast in October and would love to have some shirts to wear. Let me know. I could be an unofficial spokes person. Just asking.
Old 08-23-2009, 01:44 AM   #353
2L8IWON

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS SIM
I didn't want to read through all 15 pages so let me ask....

Have the diverters been suited up for the AMR headers yet? And also, can I get a PM on price please?
Old 08-23-2009, 12:12 PM   #354
now

Drives: silverado ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
Any description or video does not do this kit justice. WOW, what a difference. I had mine installed yesterday and everyone there was shocked. We were listening to it for a couple minutes, revving it and what not; I closed the diverter and everyone thought the car had stalled. That's how loud it is.

The sounds this thing makes at certain revs, you can only believe and hear in person. It sounds like a wild animal. I'll be making some videos soon, but anyone coming to Bellmore tomorrow (weather permitting) will hear me coming a mile away.

Another thing I wanted to add is, I'm glad I got this over a new exhaust. I don't think any aftermarket Borla, Corsa, etc would give me a sound like this. Even if it did, I wouldn't want to have it blasting my ears all the time, so having the ability to go back to stock is great.

Power-wise, I was never able to chirp the tires with TC on, now I do. Take that for what it is.

Thanks Steve and everyone at Noweeds for making me feel like a have a brand new car
Very cool- and you are welcome That is intresting news on the chirp with TC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow2010 View Post
Steve, mad props to you and your team. Took mine to the cruise-in tonight and everyone could not believe the sound. Everyone that heard it loved it. I throw your company's name out every chance I get, you may get some calls this week. Hope so any way. Hey Steve do ya'll have any t-shirts made up with your company info on it. I am going to a week long event on the Mississippi coast in October and would love to have some shirts to wear. Let me know. I could be an unofficial spokes person. Just asking.
Your welcome as well! Thanks for mentioning us and im glad everyone likes what they are hearin' and yes we have made some shirts which look simlar to the attached pic- but are out and are planning on building some more. Would something like this work?

Old 08-23-2009, 12:18 PM   #355
now

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8IWON View Post
I didn't want to read through all 15 pages so let me ask....

Have the diverters been suited up for the AMR headers yet? And also, can I get a PM on price please?
We have 2 prototype systems @ 2 different cars and when we get positive fitment and make any adjustments that may need to take place then yes they will be available. Im guessing very soon on this and price will be $50.00 less than the current stock L99-LS3 and V6 models. It is a bigger diameter unit but requires less material and labor to build overall so we will offer it at a cheaper price.

Thanks for askin'

steve
Old 08-23-2009, 02:22 PM   #356
2L8IWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by noweeds.net View Post
We have 2 prototype systems @ 2 different cars and when we get positive fitment and make any adjustments that may need to take place then yes they will be available. Im guessing very soon on this and price will be $50.00 less than the current stock L99-LS3 and V6 models. It is a bigger diameter unit but requires less material and labor to build overall so we will offer it at a cheaper price.

Thanks for askin'

steve
Serious buyer here for my 2SS, but before I buy, I'll need to hear the exhaust note with the diverters sitting past the AMR headers!!! If I likey, I will divy up ASAP! I just need to make sure it doesn't wind up sounding like it needs a tune up. I'm siding with your "best of both worlds" option over an axle back system for obvious reasons. I also wonder how hard of a time my local performance shop will have wiring the switch kit to the cabin on a car they've probably never done this on before.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:28 PM   #357
Yellow2010

Drives: Rally Yellow 2SS 2010
Quote:

Your welcome as well! Thanks for mentioning us and im glad everyone likes what they are hearin' and yes we have made some shirts which look simlar to the attached pic- but are out and are planning on building some more. Would something like this work?

Looks great!!! Rally Yellow would be better, just kidding. Shirt size 3X, let me know when you get them done.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:31 PM   #358
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Quote:
On second thought, let's chalk that up to damp roads up here in NYC...

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Old 08-23-2009, 06:14 PM   #359
FEVER

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow2010 View Post
Looks great!!! Rally Yellow would be better, just kidding. Shirt size 3X, let me know when you get them done.
Love it. I will take a 2x when you get'em. Hell I'll even pay for it. Pm me when you get them in please.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:06 PM   #360
now

Quote:
Serious buyer here for my 2SS, but before I buy, I'll need to hear the exhaust note with the diverters sitting past the AMR headers!!! If I likey, I will divy up ASAP! I just need to make sure it doesn't wind up sounding like it needs a tune up. I'm siding with your "best of both worlds" option over an axle back system for obvious reasons. I also wonder how hard of a time my local performance shop will have wiring the switch kit to the cabin on a car they've probably never done this on before.
Here is a sneak peek at the 3" ARE system. Subject so small changes of course. Shown here are the diverters backwards from how they will actually be installed. The actuators will go to the outside edge of the car. This unit will replace the lap joint just before the "X" pipe and direct the exhaust back around, down, and out just like our factory systems.

2 cuts and 2 clamps per side and you are done. With the exception of the wiring.

Old 08-24-2009, 01:18 PM   #361
rharon

Drives: 2010 Yellow 2SS/RS
Looking good! I should have the system by Wed. I will let you know how it turns out!
Old 08-24-2009, 02:07 PM   #362
2L8IWON

Quote:
Here is a sneak peek at the 3" ARE system. Subject so small changes of course. Shown here are the diverters backwards from how they will actually be installed. The actuators will go to the outside edge of the car. This unit will replace the lap joint just before the "X" pipe and direct the exhaust back around, down, and out just like our factory systems.

2 cuts and 2 clamps per side and you are done. With the exception of the wiring.

Thanks a ton for the pic. Looks awesome!

I have to ask how hard the wiring to the cabin will be do you think for my local performance shop... for someone who hasn't done this yet?
Old 08-24-2009, 02:23 PM   #363
now

Quote:
Thanks a ton for the pic. Looks awesome!

I have to ask how hard the wiring to the cabin will be do you think for my local performance shop... for someone who hasn't done this yet?
Very simple wiring structure. The controller needs power and ground which we pull from the factory seat harness. The rest of it is all plug in delphi waterproof connectors. The hardest part is drilling the hole and inserting the supplied grommet but we even tell you exactly where to drill the hole with a dimensioned photograph. This is much simpler than any stereo/air ride/remote start system. Plus you don't have to be a contortionist standing on your head with the gas pedal jammed in your ear. Its all right there in front of you.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:32 PM   #364
2L8IWON

Quote:
Very simple wiring structure. The controller needs power and ground which we pull from the factory seat harness. The rest of it is all plug in delphi waterproof connectors. The hardest part is drilling the hole and inserting the supplied grommet but we even tell you exactly where to drill the hole with a dimensioned photograph. This is much simpler than any stereo/air ride/remote start system. Plus you don't have to be a contortionist standing on your head with the gas pedal jammed in your ear. Its all right there in front of you.
Thanks for the info! I'm sold. I'll be making purchase on the 3 inch diverters once they are tested and ready!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
cutout, diverter, electric, exhaust, mufflers