Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-24-2012, 09:46 AM   #1
illiceman

Drives: 2012 ZL 1
Top secret prod.date

Why such a secret on prod.date?
illiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:00 AM   #2
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I don't quite understand why it matters, to a small degree...

It will be ready when it's ready. GM is not going to sit on a product it's spend millions on just to sit on it and not start getting it's money back.

JMO.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:26 AM   #3
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post

It will be ready when it's ready. GM is not going to sit on a product it's spend millions on just to sit on it and not start getting it's money back.

JMO.
Thanks, RadZ --

Even when we DO start production, you can believe that we'll 'quarantine' the cars as we always do. There's a reason for that. We want to ensure that all is as it should be. The cars will be gone over witih a fine tooth comb to ensure all parts are as they should be - and if they aren't - we'll replace them.

Thus - for anyone at GM to tell you "we've started production" could be very counter-productive.

You see - the internet is both a blessing and a curse.

We get things 'real-time' now - but that also makes us even MORE impatient.

(....I think some people probably stand in front of their Micro-wave ovens and yell "HHHUUURRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYY UPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!" .... )
Old 01-24-2012, 10:33 AM   #4
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post

JMO.
It matters to people because we have money tied up in it and are waiting for orders.

JMO
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:41 AM   #5
MS3DALE

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/6M Litho#190
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKreme15 View Post
It matters to people because we have money tied up in it and are waiting for orders.

JMO
True,and GM understands that,however....as Scott has said,they "want to ensure that all is as it should be"
If not,and they rush to production,lord knows what we'll hear next...."why didn't GM fix this before production" or "how could they build these with this issue"
I know that GM is doing all they can to produce only the best ZL1's,they will be worth the wait!

'11 IOM 2SS/RS LS3/6M HURST - Roto-Fab CAI-Kook's LTs-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
Proud Litho owner #190 - Homecoming Litho #120
'15 SILVERADO Z71 1500 LTZ Crew Cab - 6.2 "Midnight Edition" -Airaid intake-CORSA
MS3DALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:43 AM   #6
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS3DALE View Post
True,and GM understands that,however....as Scott has said,they "want to ensure that all is as it should be"
If not,and they rush to production,lord knows what we'll hear next...."why didn't GM fix this before production" or "how could they build these with this issue"
I know that GM is doing all they can to produce only the best ZL1's,they will be worth the wait!
No one wants them to rush. I know they have a timetable internally and it would just be nice to be kept in the loop.
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:34 AM   #7
mmarx82

Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKreme15 View Post
No one wants them to rush. I know they have a timetable internally and it would just be nice to be kept in the loop.
+1

I'm beginning to wonder if they are just going to skip 2012 and go straight to 2013 at this point. I mean really, it's just a MY number. Big changes from 2012 to 2013, I don't think so. When production finally does start, I'd hate to think that it got pushed back so far that I get a phone call from my dealer saying "There aren't going to be any more 2012's produced this year so we were forced to cancel your order." And while I'm thinking about it, is there any way to find out from GM if my dealer actually even had/has allocations for MY12? Also, How many Camaro's are generally built (complete) in a day?
Old 01-24-2012, 11:39 AM   #8
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
You don't take the popcorn out of the Microwave until it's done popping.
You don't buy annuities with built in secret expense ratios.
You don't want to send your food back to the Chef if it's not done perfect.
You don't ever tell your wife "NO" when she asks if she still looks good to you.
and finally....
Why are you starting threads about a GM attitude such as this one and this one:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195922
I'm not sure you will be satisfied with any answers due to skepticism. I think you're a happy GM owner, so you must like some of what they do! It's not a "secret".....it's "planning and execution". GM doesn't have "an attitude" towards customers other than "provide the best possible value and variety" they can.

Last edited by htron50; 01-24-2012 at 11:50 AM.
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #9
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Thanks, RadZ --

Even when we DO start production, you can believe that we'll 'quarantine' the cars as we always do. There's a reason for that. We want to ensure that all is as it should be. The cars will be gone over witih a fine tooth comb to ensure all parts are as they should be - and if they aren't - we'll replace them.

Thus - for anyone at GM to tell you "we've started production" could be very counter-productive.

(....I think some people probably stand in front of their Micro-wave ovens and yell "HHHUUURRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYY UPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!" .... )

I've been guilty of this!
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:54 AM   #10
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
CHILL !
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #11
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Thanks, RadZ --

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBear@SpartaChevy View Post

I've been guilty of this!

Me too !!! Hurry up and pop will Ya ...
Old 01-24-2012, 12:02 PM   #12
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
I think GM would be VERY happy if they could tell you exactly when your car will be done. I don't think they have an ultra secret organization trying to hide it.

Clearly they are working out the systems and processes needed to provide a quality car. I know from experience you can create a lot more misunderstandings and confusion by giving out incomplete information or having to change it. Then you are accused of trying to change the game in the middle. You just have to suck it up and wait until you have facts to report with clarity.
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #13
alex70olds
~~*~~

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #141
Quote:
Thanks, RadZ --

Well at least "Empathy Bear" understands. :(

Thank you for the update, much appreciated.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:14 PM   #14
terryg75

Drives: Cross flags and 3 pointed stars
I had to call the DBC yesterday to find out the actual TPW for one of my orders. It took them two hours to get back with me, but when they did I was told 1/30. Hopefully my customer see's it before the end of Feb.!
terryg75 is offline   Reply With Quote