Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-19-2010, 07:14 PM   #113
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro View Post
Really? I wasn't aware they had taken the mustang name away from the gt500. The arguments stupid, but that doesn't make your info correct.
justin timberlake called....he told me to tell you "cry me a river"

im suprised this thread is still alive.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:13 AM   #114
Craig

Drives: ‘23 SS1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
im not here to brag about how awesome the mod motors are. I only like to clarify A LOT of misinformation that floats around here and have discussions about it. A board where everybody agrees to everything (even though its wrong information) helps nobody, especially the real auto enthusiasts on the boards who want information as unbiased as possible.
I for one welcome the input of the Ford contingent even though many here would consider me one of "them" for having owned 3 Mustangs and only 1 Camaro, not to mention being somewhat impartial when it comes to comparing the two. It makes for not only spirited, but honest and accurate discussion. NA mod motors have been underachievers to date but the new 5.0 is clearly a game changer. I have been driving these cars for over 20 years and things have never been better for potential buyers of either make. We should all enjoy it while it lasts, because $5/gallon gas will be returning a lot sooner than any of us would like and it will bring it all to a screeching halt.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:18 AM   #115
04Ram2500Hemi

Drives: 04 Ram 2500 & 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
The 6.4L Hemi has been a rumor for a while (it's been all over the dodge forum I'm a member of because of my truck). Half the reason I ended up buying a Camaro was the 6.4L Hemi didn't make it into the new Power Wagon for this year. If they do come out with it, I assure you it will be a great motor with a ton of power, but they still couldn't give me a Challenger for free with the motor in exchange for my SS.
04Ram2500Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:21 AM   #116
Super83Z

Drives: 1999 Z28 1983 Z28
Quote:
im not here to brag about how awesome the mod motors are. I only like to clarify A LOT of misinformation that floats around here and have discussions about it. A board where everybody agrees to everything (even though its wrong information) helps nobody, especially the real auto enthusiasts on the boards who want information as unbiased as possible.
Yea right, your sig alone is enough to show your agenda. All the other Ford Fanbots just say outrageous things in their posts, you do it with your sig. Your in a Dodge thread taking shots at Chevy. Did you get all that sand off your head yet or sh*t depending on where you keep it?
14 Silverado
Super83Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:34 AM   #117
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
I was just wondering how many Camaro and Challenger owners come to the Mustang Forums Just to "Clarify Misinformation" such as you say you are doing here?

Just to Clarify some information, The 2010 V6 Camaro has 312HP 278 Ft/lbs Tq...Instead of 304HP and 273 Ft/lbs Tq....

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 04-20-2010 at 08:06 AM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:32 PM   #118
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
I was just wondering how many Camaro and Challenger owners come to the Mustang Forums Just to "Clarify Misinformation" such as you say you are doing here?

Just to Clarify some information, The 2010 V6 Camaro has 312HP 278 Ft/lbs Tq...Instead of 304HP and 273 Ft/lbs Tq....
i didn't say i was here just to "clarify misinformation". I said i like to clarify misinformation. big difference.

I've looked at/am considering a new SS, priced out insurance and stuff. I know more about the camaro and it's drivetrain than most of the camaro owners that post here.

some of you guys take things way too personal, which is odd because my posts are generally based around facts rather than opinions. truth hurts, maybe?
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:16 PM   #119
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
i didn't say i was here just to "clarify misinformation". I said i like to clarify misinformation. big difference.

I've looked at/am considering a new SS, priced out insurance and stuff. I know more about the camaro and it's drivetrain than most of the camaro owners that post here.

some of you guys take things way too personal, which is odd because my posts are generally based around facts rather than opinions. truth hurts, maybe?
I'm Sorry but I was just going by your own words here, when you said, "I only like to clarify A LOT of misinformation that floats around here and have discussions about it."
ONLY means that is all you say you are here for. Adding just that one word to your statement changes the whole meaning .....
Here is your statement in context:

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N
Now does it not sound like you said you were ONLY here because you like to clarify misinformation?

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 04-20-2010 at 06:47 PM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:58 PM   #120
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
plenty of guys have shaved about 200 off the car, they just dont like to brag about it
how?
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:00 PM   #121
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
how?
they stopped sitting in it.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:40 PM   #122
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_Username View Post
they stopped sitting in it.
good one....

for one the back seats drop about 56 lbs alone. new exhaust, lighter wheels.

ill look up the thread for you in a bit.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:55 PM   #123
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
I'm Sorry but I was just going by your own words here, when you said, "I only like to clarify A LOT of misinformation that floats around here and have discussions about it."
ONLY means that is all you say you are here for. Adding just that one word to your statement changes the whole meaning .....
Here is your statement in context:

Now does it not sound like you said you were ONLY here because you like to clarify misinformation?
i can see how you took my post out of context. When i said i only like to clarify the misinformation that seems to float around here, i meant that i try to post things that are centered around facts and not personal attacks.
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:53 AM   #124
1bad65
Banned

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
for one the back seats drop about 56 lbs alone.
LMAO! Are you Dodge guys really doing this?
1bad65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:02 AM   #125
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
Is that a rhetorical question?
Old 04-21-2010, 09:27 AM   #126
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post

No. Most of us go with lighter wheels, aftermarket exhaust, take out the spare tire, smaller, lighter battery etc etc. Those "common" weight reductions add up to about 75 pounds or so, but thats about it.

Serious, serious weight reduction (like on semi-dedicated track cars) you'll find Challenger owners removing the extra seats, speakers, etc.

But I wouldnt be too quick with bashing Challengers for doing drastic weight reduction on their cars. There is a 2010 Mustang GT that is rolling around here (Southern Oregon) who is running without a rear seat.
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote