Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-13-2013, 01:02 PM   #57
Green Machine
Always Workin

Drives: 2021 Mazda MX-5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
do you REALLY need it to tell you that you're low on windshield washer fluid?
YES! *runs away laughing his ass off*

Sent from the road.

2018 1SS 1LE, HyperBlue Metallic (Sold)
2014 1SS 1LE, Black, Twin Turbo (Sold)
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:11 PM   #58
smarbrit

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
So then when you feel like you've used a good amount, pop the hood and top it off. How is this even an issue? If you're using a lot of it and you know you need it as bad as you'd have us believe, then instead of being oblivious to the fact that you may run out or go low on it, take a proactive step and re-fill it. If it is THAT important then you shouldn't be letting it go low even if there was an indicator. And if it is THAT important then maybe you should keep a spare bottle in your trunk. I mean come on, are we THAT lazy that we need indicators telling us everything? Heck cars these days do almost everything for us. Backup sensors, sideview cameras, automatic windshield wipers, DRLs, uphill assist...do you REALLY need it to tell you that you're low on windshield washer fluid?
I hadn't even thought of it until it was needed. Seriously, why do you find this so offensive that I made a comment??? I've already stated its a nice convenience, I usually do carry an extra bottle in the winter. You would think I said this car absolutely sucked ass and was the worst vehicle on the face of the planet the way some of you are reacting. Good grief, I'm over it, its not the end of the world, but some just have to bash for the hell of it. Why? Was it a dumb thread, likely, but I don't understand the rudeness....
smarbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:33 PM   #59
MrWray
SYBIL

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS, silver ice metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarbrit View Post
Just curious, why do you remove the washer bottles from the car, not meant to be a dumb question, what is the space required for?

And sorry for posting about something that for me, I see as a convenience. I've had this in my last 3 cars and its not the end of the world for it not to be there, but as someone posted, I might miss that elusive Camaro wave....
When I installed my CAI I also installed the supplemental air scoop, and you either have to remove the washer bottle or relocate it. I never use the winshield washer on my vehicles so I just saved time and removed it
Old 12-13-2013, 01:49 PM   #60
smarbrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
When I installed my CAI I also installed the supplemental air scoop, and you either have to remove the washer bottle or relocate it. I never use the winshield washer on my vehicles so I just saved time and removed it
Thanks!!!
Old 12-13-2013, 02:23 PM   #61
MrWray
SYBIL

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS, silver ice metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarbrit View Post
Thanks!!!
Not a problem
Old 01-01-2014, 05:03 PM   #62
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Not very many intelligent answers in this thread, and of course I'm not including the well intentioned funny ones.

No low fluid warning is a cost cutting measure plain and simple.
My wife's 2011 Chevy Equinox doesn't have it either, but the 2005 Passat TDI does.

Yes a responsible driver doesn't need TPMS, low windshield washer fluid warnings, etc...because he/she should check all that on pre-trip, like a pilot does on aircraft.

However, when you are in the middle of a 500km journey, in adverse conditions, these bells and whistles can be a life saver.

Also, last but not least, discovering that your windshield fluid tank is almost empty sans warning light, is very bad for the pump.

There is something slightly disconcerting not having the warning on a $30000+ vehicle.
Loyalists need not fret about it.

To the Camaro's defence, it is a sports car after all.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 05:41 PM   #63
Learjetguru

Drives: 2011 2SS LS3
To the OP Just FYI there is no low fuel warning light either.. Time to trade?

Learjetguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:14 PM   #64
Camaro Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjetguru View Post
To the OP Just FYI there is no low fuel warning light . Time to trade?
There is however a fuel gauge .
Old 01-01-2014, 11:05 PM   #65
smarbrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjetguru View Post
To the OP Just FYI there is no low fuel warning light either.. Time to trade?
Actually it does....audible warning and a fuel pump shows up in the dic.....amazing the car has this, plus the gas gauge and tells you exactly how many more kms of fuel you have - 4 gas range indicators are soooo useful.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:29 AM   #66
snickerdoodle

Drives: 2013 1LE AGM 2SS RS M6
It does not make sense to have a warning light. It takes a long time to run through the amount of fluid the car has. I permanently removed mine during this summer, and I still had half a bottle left from this past east coast winter. Might pay to check your fluids yearly...
snickerdoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:40 AM   #67
Camaro Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by snickerdoodle View Post
It does not make sense to have a warning light. It takes a long time to run through the amount of fluid the car has. I permanently removed mine during this summer, and I still had half a bottle left from this past east coast winter. Might pay to check your fluids yearly...
Not the case where we live.

Filling up every 1-2 weeks here can be considered normal.
I don't think anyone in my re region ever ever goes over a month without filling up, and if they do, they would be considered in the minority.

What is the quantity of the reservoir on the Camaro anyways? Most cars are 4 litres now and days. Without looking in the manual, I'll bet it's the same give or take a few ounces.

Last edited by Camaro Dude; 01-04-2014 at 11:37 PM.