Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-21-2012, 01:21 AM   #1
TwistedEnergy

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Unhappy Got my first ticket

Ever actually. Been driving for 8 years and I have my baby for two and a half months and I screwed up . It was totally my own stupidity and fault. I had a guy in a Mazda (something) doing the same speed as me and he was on my ass, but he was the smart one and I was the stupid one. I'm just thankful that there are nice officers out there.

I don't no what is it about this car that makes me want to go fast, but I learned my lesson. I'll save the speed for the track.

So when did you get your first ticket in this machine, if you even have yet. Took me 2 months and 18 days .
Old 05-21-2012, 01:25 AM   #2
lakersftbl69

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Knock on wood I havent yet but I did get pulled over once along with a corvette and we both got off lucky he wrote us up for excessive noise and that was it.
upgrades kooks 1 7/8" LTH w/ deleted cats, corsa exhaust, hurst short throw shifter stage 3 comp cam, 3.91 gears ecs kit blower, meth injection, upgraded axles, drive shaft, McLeod rxt clutch, fully forged 416ci stroker all installed and dyno tuned by slowhawk performance in bridgewater ma.
lakersftbl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:25 AM   #3
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
Ouch, no ticket for me yet. gotta go knock on wood now.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:29 AM   #4
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersftbl69 View Post
Knock on wood I havent yet but I did get pulled over once along with a corvette and we both got off lucky he wrote us up for excessive noise and that was it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloknight6 View Post
Ouch, no ticket for me yet. gotta go knock on wood now.
You guys are knocking your wood a lot . Hmmm I got pulled over for obviously reckless op (weaving lanes, speeding). I knew the officer and he just wrote me a warning for improper lane change (thank god, I would have completely understood if he arrested me for how I was driving). Since I am a leo I definitely learned my lesson there and that won't happen again. Stupid childish mistake. That was in me LS about 2 weeks after having it. Nothing in my SS but I don't do anything that will get me in trouble. So I am not too worried now . What was your speed/limit?

Oh and it's not too hard to look down and see that you are 15 over the speed limit in these bad ass cars lol. When I am going 75 I feel like I am going 30 lol.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:35 AM   #5
TwistedEnergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
Oh and it's not too hard to look down and see that you are 15 over the speed limit in these bad ass cars lol. When I am going 75 I feel like I am going 30 lol.
I know what you mean, this one because its my first and in my Camaro I think is why it hurts so much. I was barley touching the pedal and the car just effortlessly kept climbing and handling so well. Needless to say, I am going to do my best to insure it does not happen again.

Last edited by TwistedEnergy; 05-21-2012 at 01:59 AM.
TwistedEnergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:51 AM   #6
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedEnergy View Post
I know what you mean, this one because its my first and in my Camaro I think is why it hurts so much. I was barley touching the pedal and the car just effortlessly kept climbing and handling so well. Needless to say, I am going to do my best to unsure it does not happen again.
Cruise control man. I only use that gas peddle to accelerate. Then when I get to my speed I put cruise control on. Then you aren't resting your foot on the gas to maintain speed.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:01 AM   #7
TwistedEnergy

Quote:
Cruise control man. I only use that gas peddle to accelerate. Then when I get to my speed I put cruise control on. Then you aren't resting your foot on the gas to maintain speed.
I know, but I never use cruise control, I was always so good at maintaining the proper speed in every other car but I am going to wear that damn button out now.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:53 AM   #8
Grimlock
dey see me rollin

Drives: the magic school bus
I get more tickets in a span of six months in my Camaro than I did in six years in my Toyota. Driving habits didn't change much but the HP,flash and sound did LOL.
Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:25 AM   #9
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
The first week, yes bright orange doesn't help.
two_wheel_mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:31 AM   #10
cslee0811

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Amazingly, I got only ONE speeding ticket for the 3 years I had my Camaro... it was for going 70 in a 65 zone on the freeway <--- ridiculous... I got a ticket every freaking month when I had my rice rocket....
cslee0811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:38 AM   #11
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by cslee0811 View Post
Amazingly, I got only ONE speeding ticket for the 3 years I had my Camaro... it was for going 70 in a 65 zone on the freeway <--- ridiculous... I got a ticket every freaking month when I had my rice rocket....

I gave the cop a break, I slowed up and waited for him. It was some country roads twisties and I was smokin' his ass.
two_wheel_mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:51 AM   #12
Zapote21
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 2SS
Got my first ticket in almost 10 yrs last month... Had the green baby for about 10 months... 16 mph over the limit... $260...
I dont know how he picked me out of a crowded 4 lanes of highway... ;-)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2
2016 C7 DSOM
2012 2SS yellow vert
2017 2LT Krypton Green
2018 2LT Hot wheels crush
2020 2SS Shock vert.
2017 2SS Krypton Green coupe
Zapote21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:34 AM   #13
KARBON

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 850 RWHP/733 RWTQ
Quote:
You guys are knocking your wood a lot . Hmmm I got pulled over for obviously reckless op (weaving lanes, speeding). I knew the officer and he just wrote me a warning for improper lane change (thank god, I would have completely understood if he arrested me for how I was driving). Since I am a leo I definitely learned my lesson there and that won't happen again. Stupid childish mistake. That was in me LS about 2 weeks after having it. Nothing in my SS but I don't do anything that will get me in trouble. So I am not too worried now . What was your speed/limit?

That's a first !! Never heard of a cop giving another cop a ticket... whether you know him or not...
*RPM TH400 with Brake
*Precision 3600 Converter
*850 RWHP/733 RWTQ
KARBON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:56 AM   #14
MBaldwin85
Sergeant

Drives: 2010 Cyber Gray SS
I had my SS for 2 months and some change. 64 in a 45 at 5:33 am.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
MBaldwin85 is offline   Reply With Quote