Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-07-2022, 03:51 PM   #1
Motown Machine
Spoonful of Pain.

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to Motown Machine
New owner here

I formerly had a 2010 SS2 and then a 2017 1LE, so I upped the ante and got a Z/28!

First order of business for me is security and audio. What all have you done for these and what setups are out there? I know the Z is absolute base for everything but I'd like to upgrade.

Whatcha got?

2010 Camaro SS2/RS Black with Cyber Gray stripes
Sold 9/2012
2017 SS2/1LE Sold 8/2017
2015 Z/28

Motown Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 04:38 PM   #2
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
For security I prefer a Ruger SP101 or a Glock 26 since I'm not a big guy. For audio you can pull the NPP fuse (F8) located in the trunk fuse box. Drive, feel secure and enjoy.
Old 03-08-2022, 06:55 AM   #3
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown Machine View Post
I formerly had a 2010 SS2 and then a 2017 1LE, so I upped the ante and got a Z/28!

First order of business for me is security and audio. What all have you done for these and what setups are out there? I know the Z is absolute base for everything but I'd like to upgrade.

Whatcha got?
Some things I’ve done that Most are quickly reversible to original if wanted.

Security nowadays seems to be standard transmissions. I as well prefer S&W security, or the like.
I installed aftermarket faceplate(painted lower portion to match interior silver) and a short chassis(non dvd) head unit stereo. I honestly don’t use it and have been thinking of putting original back in. It’s an easy and quick switch back and forth.

I have 4 pack gauges but that’s another 5 minute switch to put original

I also put a MGW shifter in. Not necessary but I enjoy it. I have the old school shifter ball but I also have the original suede knob that can be installed in a few minutes to get the original look.

Solid rear cradle bushings

Top end stainless flex brake lines

Separate clutch reservoir

LED headlight bulbs for much better night visibility
Attached Images

Last edited by SIM GhostrdrZ; 03-16-2022 at 01:30 PM.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 07:40 AM   #4
Fast.Freddie
2015 Z/28 #48

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #48
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
For security I prefer a Ruger SP101 or a Glock 26 since I'm not a big guy. For audio you can pull the NPP fuse (F8) located in the trunk fuse box. Drive, feel secure and enjoy.
Fast.Freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 01:36 PM   #5
Z28WANNAB

Drives: 2014 Z28 CTF AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM GhostrdrZ View Post
Some things I’ve done that Most are quickly reversible to original if wanted.

Security nowadays seems to be standard transmissions. I as well prefer S&W security, or the like.
I installed aftermarket faceplate(painted lower portion to match interior silver) and a short chassis(non dvd) head unit stereo. I honestly don’t use it and have been thinking of putting original back in. It’s an easy and quick switch back and forth.

I have 4 pack gauges but that’s another 5 minute switch to put original

I also put a MGW shifter in. Not necessary but I enjoy it. I have the old school shifter ball but I also have the original suede knob that can be installed in a few minutes to get the original look.

Solid rear cradle bushings

Top end stainless flex brake lines

Separate clutch reservoir

LED headlight bulbs for much better night visibility
Do you have the part # for the LED headlights? I went to my chevy dealer and they are confused. There are so many to chose from in their catalogue they can't tell which will fit the Z? Also, do you have the part #'s for the shifter and white ball? I love the look of that.
2014 Z28 CTF AGM #99066
69 Z11 Convertable 4 spd - now has 496 w 6 spd, other minor suspension upgrades Owned since '78
Formerly owned 2013 ZL1, miss it
2000 XKR
Z28WANNAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 03:20 PM   #6
SIM GhostrdrZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28WANNAB View Post
Do you have the part # for the LED headlights? I went to my chevy dealer and they are confused. There are so many to chose from in their catalogue they can't tell which will fit the Z? Also, do you have the part #'s for the shifter and white ball? I love the look of that.
GM will not have LED bulbs for our halogen headlights.
I’ve used beamtech brand LED headlight bulbs for years. I purchased them from Amazon for my sons car as well. I’ve never had to replace any of the bulbs as of today. I don’t currently have a beamtech part#, but if you search the forum there’s been a few threads on this.

I updated pic, shows MGW shifter with their retro shifter arm and ball. I also purchased the MGW, OEM arm with OEM suede boot/ball if I wanted to return to OEM look. MGW offers 3 different shifter arms.

Last edited by SIM GhostrdrZ; 03-16-2022 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Added pic with updated mods
Old 03-10-2022, 03:24 PM   #7
SIM GhostrdrZ

I like the look of LED bulbs, white vs yellow. Plus they work fantastic at night for visibility.
Attached Images

Old 03-16-2022, 06:32 PM   #8
Hda

Drives: Porsche 911
Congrats!
Hda is offline   Reply With Quote