Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 11-14-2008, 08:22 AM   #85
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakestar View Post
The Solstice I saw in Indy and the Hummer I see every day look like the picture on the left. Close up flash pictures seem to give IOM a concept orange look that I have never seen with the naked eye, even in bright sunlight.

That might explain the NACE photos, the photographer probably used a high power flash to take those pictures.

I must admit that with flash photography, IOM looks nearly identical to the Camaro concept orange, too bad it looks like tomato soup most of the time.
I have to agree with this assessment. Tomato soup is a good description of the IOM I have seen on the solstice and hummer, even in very bright sunlight. It seems artificial flash makes the IOM look like the orange we love, but only for a split second. I guess if you are Paris Hilton getting out of an IOM camaro with dozens of flash bulbs going off at the same time, the color of the car would really look the way I would want my orange to look like. Don't get me wrong, IOM is a pretty color and all those ordering it will be getting what they want. However if you believe the color IOM is going to look like is the color on the right of the cutaway, then you will be disappointed... Notice the Sunburst Orange Metallic in the center doesn't change as drastically with or without the flash. I like that color as well.. The Sunburst Orange is the orange in the middle row under the metallic dark red.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:32 AM   #86
swifttal

Drives: '91 Z-28
if you guys were actually paying attention to the photos you wouldve noticed that the reddish color is the one taken with flash. In the orange picture you can clearly see a reflection of the camera without flash. This seems to be consistent with why the bright outdoor photos appears more red.

Hmm... Very interesting
swifttal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 01:07 PM   #87
swifttal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Ummm, no the reddish one is more blurry hence no flash...
No blurryness comes from moving the camera - look again, you're wrong

you can clearly see the camera in the orange picture - same place where the camera would be in the red one you see the big @$$ flash reflection - open your eyes
Old 11-14-2008, 01:09 PM   #88
Supermans

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifttal View Post
No blurryness comes from moving the camera - look again, you're wrong

you can clearly see the camera in the orange picture - same place where the camera would be in the red one you see the flash - open your eyes
I doubt it, the blurriness comes from no flash in my opinion... The one with the flash is on the right and has much more detail, plus all the metallic paint shows up better.. But if I'm wrong, I'm wrong, however I did see that display in person and the way the IOM looked in person was red..
Old 11-14-2008, 01:11 PM   #89
swifttal

Quote:
I doubt it, the blurriness comes from no flash in my opinion... The one with the flash is on the right and has much more detail, plus all the metallic paint shows up better..
Blur doesn't come from lack of light, it comes from an unsteady shot - can't blame the guys for that - not like he had a tripod or anything
Old 11-14-2008, 01:16 PM   #90
Supermans

Quote:
Blur doesn't come from lack of light, it comes from an unsteady shot - can't blame the guys for that - not like he had a tripod or anything
I guess you're right as you can see the reflection of the camera in the shot which I didn't notice before and the flash on the plastic. The artificial lighting in the Miami auto show is so bright that Victory red looks orange under the lighting with no flash.

I do have to point out that the color it looked like in person was still more reddish in nature and not the color on the right... Very odd indeed as I do wish I had a picture of it myself with my camera.. I might go back to the show today and get some pictures..

Last edited by Supermans; 11-14-2008 at 02:18 PM.
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:19 PM   #91
Alarick

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS
Not sure what to say, to me they looked more orange in person than red, same with the two Solstices i've seen that where outdoors at dealerships.
But the Colorado I've seen at a dealership a few miles from here looks more red than the Solstices did..
Seems to be some variations in the colors that are all supposed to be IOM..

Now, I did not think to look up and see if there where any skylights in the convention center, if there where that could have alot to do with how the IOM looked depending on the time of day etc...

But I also have two pictures of the IOM H3 that was at the show, and to me, again it looked more orange than red.

Granted the Victory red car also looked more orange than red as well, and the GF even asked "is this the Orange you are getting"
Look at the drivers side mirror to see what one had the flash.

Both pictures where taken with an Olympus Stylus 770 SW 7.1 mega pixel point and shoot.
It was set to the anti shake mode, and auto white balance, the only difference in settings where the shutter speed between the flash and non flash, 1/50 without and 1/125 with.

I used photobucket to resize them, so i'm not sure if the all the camera info carried over.
Attached Images

Alarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:40 PM   #92
swifttal

Quote:
I guess you're right as you can see the reflection of the camera in the shot which I didn't notice before and the flash on the plastic. The artificial lighting in the Miami auto show is so bright that Victory red looks orange under the lighting with no flash.

I do have to point out that the color it looked like in person was still more reddish in nature and not the color on the right... Very odd indeed as I do wish I had a picture of it myself with my camera.. I might go back to the show today and get some pictures..
That would be awesome! I've got this color on order and am so torn as whether or not to change it... seeing more orange helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarick View Post
Not sure what to say, to me they looked more orange in person than red, same with the two Solstices i've seen that where outdoors at dealerships.
But the Colorado I've seen at a dealership a few miles from here looks more red than the Solstices did..
Seems to be some variations in the colors that are all supposed to be IOM..

Now, I did not think to look up and see if there where any skylights in the convention center, if there where that could have alot to do with how the IOM looked depending on the time of day etc...

But I also have two pictures of the IOM H3 that was at the show, and to me, again it looked more orange than red.

Granted the Victory red car also looked more orange than red as well, and the GF even asked "is this the Orange you are getting"
Look at the drivers side mirror to see what one had the flash.

Both pictures where taken with an Olympus Stylus 770 SW 7.1 mega pixel point and shoot.
It was set to the anti shake mode, and auto white balance, the only difference in settings where the shutter speed between the flash and non flash, 1/50 without and 1/125 with.

I used photobucket to resize them, so i'm not sure if the all the camera info carried over.
A bit darker with flash but still orange at least. I wonder if that's the metallic flake that darkens the color up? You would think it'd have the opposite effect (if that is the reason)
Old 11-14-2008, 08:53 PM   #93
Supermans

Quote:
That would be awesome! I've got this color on order and am so torn as whether or not to change it... seeing more orange helps

A bit darker with flash but still orange at least. I wonder if that's the metallic flake that darkens the color up? You would think it'd have the opposite effect (if that is the reason)
Don't change the IOM as it is a very nice color regardless if it isn't hugger orange or if it looks like hugger orange in certain light....etc..

Hopefully by the time the convertible is released, we shall see the color that was on the concept as an option..
Old 11-14-2008, 09:37 PM   #94
Speedfreak

Drives: 1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomZ302 View Post
Yeah. It's quite a red-orange. I like it more than I thought I would, though my favorite orange is still the original Sunset Orange Metallic.
SOM is rust colored dude
Speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:06 PM   #95
VenomZ302
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue RS/SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedfreak View Post
SOM is rust colored dude
That's basically the point. I don't really envision myself driving a "blazing orange" car unless it's, say, a '69 Hugger Orange Camaro. I'm just not really an orange person. That said, my favorite "orange" on a car has been the original Sunset Orange Metallic. But everyone's entitled to his or her own opinion.
VenomZ302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 12:29 AM   #96
swifttal

Quote:
Don't change the IOM as it is a very nice color regardless if it isn't hugger orange or if it looks like hugger orange in certain light....etc..

Hopefully by the time the convertible is released, we shall see the color that was on the concept as an option..
Don't care so much that it's hugger orange, just so long as its orange. If it changes to red when it's bright out, I can live with that. Just as long as its orange most of the time, not red
Old 11-15-2008, 04:37 AM   #97
JEFF2010SSMANUAL
JEFF2010SSMANUAL

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS LS3
I DON'T want metalic orange, I want a bright Hugger orange, solid no metalic.
JEFF2010SSMANUAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 06:47 AM   #98
Supermans

Quote:
Don't care so much that it's hugger orange, just so long as its orange. If it changes to red when it's bright out, I can live with that. Just as long as its orange most of the time, not red
As far as I have seen, the car is more reddish all of the time than orange, but I will tell you to go see the color for yourself at one of the many Pontiac or Hummer dealers as it is a popular color on Solstices and Hummer H2 and H3's. Yes it is orange and you can tell the difference next to a pure red car, however it does not look bright orange most of the time. At the auto show, there is heavy lighting that makes even the victory red camaro look orange (even the red SS symbol looks orange in person) so I don't doubt it that IOM looks orange under that lighting. However under the sun outside on a bright day, IOM looks more red than orange. Just letting all of you know to go take a look at the color in person, you might like it or like me you might be disappointed..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF2010SSMANUAL View Post
I DON'T want metalic orange, I want a bright Hugger orange, solid no metalic.
I hear you on that one. The 2008 Mustang can be ordered with what they call Grabber Orange which looks real nice. I wish we had that color available..