Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 01:28 AM   #267
CedarHillCamaro

Drives: ABM 2SS/RS 2010 Camaro(12/09!!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTXrider View Post
I can't believe I just read most of this thread, some of you are ridiculous. I have not changed my thoughts one bit about the camaro but I have changed my thought about this board.
+1
Old 03-20-2008, 01:30 AM   #268
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I had a massive response ready, then I went to see if anything had been said since I started, turns out there were about 40 posts.

I'm glad that things have settled down here in the last hour. I would have left the site if people kept posting like idiots. Its one thing to not be happy, its another to go spouting off against other members and GM. Dragoneye found info that basically says that our fears are goundless. Which means that alot of people wasted alot of their time tonight, worrying about things that aren't really an issue.

Oh and CaptainSam, the thing that you fail to realize with the hp between those cars you were talking about is that the L76 in the G8 runs just behind the SRT8 and crushes the current R/T, though that would even up with the new 5.7 hemi. However, the Camaro is expected to be lighter and wider than the G8, so therefore it will be faster and better handling. And thats if it 'only' gets the 361 hp L76. What if it were to get a retuned version (it is based off of the LS2 as I recall)? Up to 380 hp? or 400? There is nothing wrong with that engine. If the Camaro is light enough it would give 10lbs/hp. Look back and see how many cars have done that from the factory. Its a pretty short list once you take out exotics.

Thats all from me on this thread tonight.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 03-20-2008, 01:39 AM   #269
CaptianSam
Car Garage

Drives: 350z,A4,SRT8...see sig
but im not talking about PERFORMANCE.... im talking about highest engine horsepower... i could take the seats out of anything and mow down anything........ but im talking about OUT OF THE BOX hp

On My Ipad
Xbox McLovin1515
Ps3 McLovin1555
Current Autos:68z28,03viperSRT10,04escalade,05RangeRoverSport SC
Project Autos:80corvette350-500hp 6speed,06charger S'C 6-speed posi,74Firebird400blue,69chevelle572 707
New Autos:2012CamaroSSRS,09ChallengerSRT8
Past Autos:....too many to list

"i told you it was gettin' an LS3"
Go down deep enough into anything and you will find mathematics. Dean Schlicter
B.Sc. Hons. Mathematics
Old 03-20-2008, 01:48 AM   #270
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Here's fbodfather's response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbodfather View Post
CALM DOWN..........................

Until you've been inundated with the media (which isn't a bad thing....) you can't understand what happens during an 'interview'

.......a lot of what was said today was taken out of context.

We aren't completely stupid....the new Camaro MUST be priced competitively............

A premium could be as little as $50..................

4 cylinder?

Well........here's an interesting fact: The Federal government passed a LAW...but they have NOT written the rules...........so we know that we have to hit 35mpg as an average by 2020.........BUT --- no one knows the route -- or what the rules are...........

You can BET that EVERYONE in the industry is looking at alternative powertrains..........

Meanwhile........the 4 cylinder isn't in the 'official' plan at this point in time....so CALM DOWN....................

Soooo.... on that note let's start fresh... DISCUSSION CONTINUED AT:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3285

Closed Thread