Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 01:40 PM   #71
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_2Many View Post
Well, it's nice to hear and everything, but we are going to need new interior pictures here. Our cars will be here soon and it would sure be nice to know what we are buying.

Let's see this "doors only" lighting GM. If you are afraid to show us then I'm afraid of what else you're hiding. I've been itching to buy GM stock, but with shady things like this happening I'm reluctant...not a sign of strength by any means.
If they show us before March 15, then all is good since we all will be able to change our orders if they haven't been pulled by then. Those of us with cyber grey orders will get an extra month or so however the prices may change for the worse after March 15 if we make changes since the current price won't be locked in. That info is coming from my dealer so I don't know how accurate it is..
Old 02-26-2009, 01:50 PM   #72
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_2Many View Post
Well, it's nice to hear and everything, but we are going to need new interior pictures here. Our cars will be here soon and it would sure be nice to know what we are buying.

Let's see this "doors only" lighting GM. If you are afraid to show us then I'm afraid of what else you're hiding. I've been itching to buy GM stock, but with shady things like this happening I'm reluctant...not a sign of strength by any means.

You will see it on Saturday... relax, people! GM is not "hiding" anything! They were working on it, tried to mimic the renderings, encountered problems, and now they're ready to show us the final product. Why will no one accept that?

Save your :upset: complaints until AFTER Saturday, if they are still valid. Until then...
Old 02-26-2009, 01:55 PM   #73
CamaroSSforme
Got my two

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - RJT/Black
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSSforme
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post

You will see it on Saturday... relax, people! GM is not "hiding" anything! They were working on it, tried to mimic the renderings, encountered problems, and now they're ready to show us the final product. Why will no one accept that?

Save your :upset: complaints until AFTER Saturday, if they are still valid. Until then...

I was just in my ol' time machine and tossed her over to Saturday...can I complain now?
Old 02-26-2009, 01:55 PM   #74
Supermans

Quote:

Why are they waiting until Saturday to make an official announcement when Scott has already let the cat out of the bag officially? They've already decided not to have it so we are all voicing our opinions on the issue. We have the right to do it on this forum as it is not hurting anyone. The only possible "new" information we may get on Saturday is a better explanation as to "why?" abl simply didn't work on the dash. Wether or not a discounted price on the 2SS package will come into play, and or wether or not a full ambient lighting will appear or be worked on so it can be ready the next model year, which will be when the HUD and the color white will be available.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:59 PM   #75
DDustiNN

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSforme View Post
I was just in my ol' time machine and tossed her over to Saturday...can I complain now?
lol... I suppose so then? When you're done, I'd like to borrow that and go foward to the day my Camaro arrives... kthx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Why are they waiting until Saturday to make an official announcement when Scott has already let the cat out of the bag officially? They've already decided not to have it so we are all voicing our opinions on the issue. We have the right to do it on this forum as it is not hurting anyone. The only possible "new" information we may get on Saturday is a better explanation as to "why?" abl simply didn't work on the dash. Wether or not a discounted price on the 2SS package will come into play, and or wether or not a full ambient lighting will appear or be worked on so it can be ready the next model year, which will be when the HUD and the color white will be available.
Saturday they will be showing the production version at the Cleveland Auto Show. Everyone can "oooooh", "ahhhhh", or "ewwww" at it and take pictures for us
Old 02-26-2009, 02:02 PM   #76
DDustiNN

If, for some reason, it actually does look horrible (which I'm sure it won't), I do hope that they offer a "recall" of some sort to get it installed/upgraded when they actually do get it working. That would make everybody
Old 02-26-2009, 02:05 PM   #77
Supermans

Quote:
If, for some reason, it actually does look horrible (which I'm sure it won't), I do hope that they offer a "recall" of some sort to get it installed/upgraded when they actually do get it working. That would make everybody
I agree with this, especially if the price of the 2SS package remains the same and they do plan on getting it fully working at all..
Old 02-26-2009, 02:09 PM   #78
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Well, the pipe on the dash didnt workout I guess. Maybe they are going to "project" the light from a different location onto the dash area, maybe from the ceiling light or something?

-bobby
Old 02-26-2009, 02:10 PM   #79
Foster26

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM 6SP CGRS #9761
just a thought for all people who are very disappointed about this...

You will only be turning the ambient lighting on at night (at least that is when it will be effective). Therefore, there's agreat chance you will have your lights on, meaning all the dash lights and accessory ligths will be on as well. From the pics I've seen, alot of the dash lighting is the same color as the ambient so in essence, the dash lighting can kind of be considered "ambient" lighting. I think all the lighting in the doors combines with the accessory lighting will look just fine. I also think that if there was lighting on the dash like we all hoped, it might actually be abit too much in addition to the accessory and guage lighting. I guess what I'm saying is, I don't think it'll look like anything is missing when all the lights are on together. Anyone else agree?
Old 02-26-2009, 02:20 PM   #80
DDustiNN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster26 View Post

You will only be turning the ambient lighting on at night (at least that is when it will be effective). Therefore, there's agreat chance you will have your lights on, meaning all the dash lights and accessory ligths will be on as well. From the pics I've seen, alot of the dash lighting is the same color as the ambient so in essence, the dash lighting can kind of be considered "ambient" lighting. I think all the lighting in the doors combines with the accessory lighting will look just fine. I also think that if there was lighting on the dash like we all hoped, it might actually be abit too much in addition to the accessory and guage lighting. I guess what I'm saying is, I don't think it'll look like anything is missing when all the lights are on together. Anyone else agree?
Yes.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:21 PM   #81
CamaroSSforme
Got my two

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - RJT/Black
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSSforme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster26 View Post

After seeing the new ambient lighting for myself - see my time machine post - I have to say that I'm disappointed with the whole thing and the whole car. I'll be canceling my order after work today. I am speechless that the ambient lighting didn't light up my shoes as I was told by the dealer when I ordered. I'll be picking up a Prius on the way home
Old 02-26-2009, 02:23 PM   #82
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
I guess what I'm saying is, I don't think it'll look like anything is missing when all the lights are on together. Anyone else agree?
No. If they thought that looked better than the dash they would have just done this back in December when problems first started being announced.

Next year ABL will probably include the dash and extras like the HUD, and the '10 model will then be known as the unfinished test mule of the 5th gens.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:32 PM   #83
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
No. If they thought that looked better than the dash they would have just done this back in December when problems first started being announced.

Next year ABL will probably include the dash and extras like the HUD, and the '10 model will then be known as the unfinished test mule of the 5th gens.
Kinda' like the '01 Z06 guys?...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 02-26-2009, 02:38 PM   #84
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
.... early adopter penalty. It can happen to anyone who buys anything just to get it first, be it a stereo, and iPhone or in this case a car.

Now how's about we wait till Saturday and see how everything looks before we continue?
Maybe... just maybe, people will like it even MORE. (And then we will have to find a new thing to complain about. I nominate stripe length, cause I don't think people have moaned about that yet )

Closed Thread