Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-22-2011, 01:13 PM   #29
Archontruth

Drives: 2012 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Matt View Post
This.
Sorry, to you and anyone else with a yellow car. No adult should ever drive a yellow car. Even a yellow lambo, porsche, ferrari... just.... no.

That is my 2 cents.

As an anxious orderer of a yellow 2012, I'll just have to disagree with you. I liked the Synergy Green from last year, but they didn't do that this year. In fact, the paint choices were pretty disappointing overall for 2012, which seems to be a common complaint. But I don't know why you'd think there's anything wrong with a yellow car.

Delivered 10/7/2011
Archontruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:18 PM   #30
DesertCamaro

Drives: Fast
Quote:
This.
Sorry, to you and anyone else with a yellow car. No adult should ever drive a yellow car. Even a yellow lambo, porsche, ferrari... just.... no.

That is my 2 cents.

Oh boy, here we go

Maybe we should all drive the same color car, that'd be fun.
DesertCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:37 PM   #31
Guyute

Drives: Black 6 speed SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
I've just never felt that double sided tape and badges make a "special edition" very special. It just looks like a tacky afterthought. Not meaning to knock anyone that loves their as its all just personal preference. A Z28 or ZL1 is a special edition. A bumblebee is just a marketing gimic unless I get plasma cannons behind the headlights and missiles out the fenders.
This exactly, I don't really consider it a special edition either. I find it a little cheesy and perhaps a little juvenile as well. Sorry for those who have it or love it. Not my cup of tea.
Guyute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:40 PM   #32
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
No one has ever called mine a bumble bee.......hmmmm
Old 08-22-2011, 02:43 PM   #33
beecamaro

Drives: 2010 Transformers Edition Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyute View Post
This exactly, I don't really consider it a special edition either. I find it a little cheesy and perhaps a little juvenile as well. Sorry for those who have it or love it. Not my cup of tea.
We aren't offended, don't worry yourself.
beecamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:53 PM   #34
dr damon

Drives: 2011 MANTIS Camaro SS
GET WHAT YOU LIKE!!!

I personally love bumblebee and have a jada toys yellow camaro with black stripes on my desk at work. I would have wanted to get a yellow or transforers edition camaro, but i really don't like rally yellow at all, the sunrise gold pearl is beautiful, but since that isn't / wasn't a factory option, i got the next best color.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:55 PM   #35
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
This.

That is my 2 cents.

And what color SS did you order?
Old 08-22-2011, 03:08 PM   #36
beecamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
And what color SS did you order?
His profile says he drives a Volkswagen, probably a beetle or something.

I assume he is just mad that they turned Bumblebee into a Camaro. Bumblebee was a VW bug when I was a kid but the movie change didn't upset me as much as it did him.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:08 PM   #37
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam2011 View Post
The TF edition is a $3,000 upgrade? I though it was simply badges and TF logos placed around the car? What does it come with for that sort of money?
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Rex View Post
i was at least hoping the stripes came with the package. not that im in the market or want a yellow bee, but i really like the ACS/Transformers3 Style stripes.

It's more than that, here is part of the official announcement

"The 2012 Transformers Special Edition will be offered as a $3,000 package on 2LT and 2SS Camaro Coupes with Rally Yellow paint. In addition to the content offered in the popular RS appearance package, the Transformers edition will feature black rally stripes that stretch over the hood, roof, decklid and unique high-wing rear spoiler; 20-inch, black-painted wheels wrapped in high-performance summer tires; and Autobot Shield logos on the center caps and front quarter panels."

As you can see you get much more than just badges and stripes for $3,000

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 08-22-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:11 PM   #38
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beecamaro View Post
His profile says he drives a Volkswagen, probably a beetle or something.

I assume he is just mad that they turned Bumblebee into a Camaro. Bumblebee was a VW bug when I was a kid but the movie change didn't upset me as much as it did him.
It a says he has an SS on order under his pic, Btw his VW is a GTI, never made a beetle in GTI form that I know of.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:18 PM   #39
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJrSS View Post
I my opinion I think it has come to the point where the whole "Transformers" thing is starting to become a bit played out. In other words it's starting to get old. I for example am starting to dislike when everyone calls my car the "bumblebee car" or ask things like "will it transform?" There is the exception of little kids obviously though.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:20 PM   #40
beecamaro

GTI? Is that the Golf?
Old 08-22-2011, 03:21 PM   #41
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
It a says he has an SS on order under his pic, Btw his VW is a GTI, never made a beetle in GTI form that I know of.
Bumblebee was also known as Goldbug and he was a Chrysler ME 4 Twelve

The ME 4-12 is not a concept car, but a prototype of a car that was never made. Around 300 Chrysler ME 4-12 cars were to be built each year, using carbon fiber and light-weight metals such as aluminum. Road testing was scheduled for late January 2004, with production to start within two years. The concept cars / prototypes were built in the United States by Metalcrafters; the lead engineer was from Chrysler and the lead suppliers were North American. Most off the shelf parts appear to be from Chrysler, aside from the engine. Daimler, we are told, wanted to use European suppliers and engineers instead.

Chrysler ME Four-Twelve specs
Top Speed: 248 mph / 399 kph
0-60 mph: 2.9 seconds
0-100 mph: 6.2 seconds
0 - 1/4 Mile: 10.6 sec @ 142 mph
Engine: Quad Turbo 6.0-liter V-12

The Chrysler ME Four Twelve supercar has a dynamic ME quad-turbo, V-12 engine which lives up to its expectations. For the uninitiated, it is a Mid Engine with four turbochargers, twelve cylinder engine. The engine is taken care of by a high-efficiency cooling system which makes sure the engine stays cool all the time. It is amazingly conceptualized to get maximum thermal performance, which makes the ME Four-Twelve stand apart from other sports cars in its genre. It gives you an unbelievable top speed of 248 mph (399 km/h), enough to compete with any other concept car in its genre. You can clock 0-60 mph within 2.9 seconds and 0-100 mph in 6.2 seconds. With this kind of speed, you would expect the braking system to be doubly efficient, and it is just that good. The braking system consists of huge 15 inch disc brake rotors and six-piston mono block calipers. What this means is you can hit the brake comfortably even at very high speeds and the sports car will come to a screeching halt. The disc brake rotors are carbon ceramic composite and the calipers are made of aluminum to enhance the performance. The Chrysler ME Four Twelve supercar is also fitted a lot of active and passive aerodynamic equipment to give it optimum performance at even very high speeds.

Bumblebee/Goldbug

Sub-group Convention Exclusives, Deluxe Vehicles
Function Espionage
Rank 8
Partner Grimlock, Jazz and Optimus Prime
Motto "The least likely is always the most dangerous."
Alternate Modes Chrysler ME Four-Twelve
Series Transformers: Timelines

In the Transformers: Timelines series, Goldbug is an evil alternate reality version of Bumblebee.[99]
According to his official biography, Goldbug was once a young drifter known as Bumblebee. He survived on the streets of Polyhex with no real purpose. He became skilled at sneaking around, stealing, eavesdropping and blackmailing. He eagerly joined the Autobots in hopes of finding a place to belong and where his unsavory activities would be tolerated. When the war began, Bumblebee showed extreme bravery in battle and often sought ways to be noticed by command. In time, he worked his way up the ranks of the Autobots and when the Autobot Seeker Drench was destroyed, Bumblebee was offered an upgraded form and a new identity as Goldbug, to take his place.
Goldbug is paranoid that one of his fellow Autobots will betray him and try to take his place, as he did to his former superiors.

Sooooooooooo he was a deception as well fits my car. Though mine is Nightfall. Also to stop all that crap bumblebee was never a sports car YEAH OK a 850 horsepower bph monster car far more powerful then a camaro hate to say. Also to note Goldbug was BLACK car with Gold stripes complete reverse on colors

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:

Last edited by Nightfall; 08-22-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:24 PM   #42
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post

Ha, Ha, you fail at the interwebs.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ralley yellow, transformer