Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-29-2016, 03:36 AM   #1
toddux

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Coupe
Harness to make OEM Brake lights "rapid fire"

Hi Guys,

Another harness question:

I'm looking for where I can buy the 2010-2013 version of this:

http://www.gen5diy.com/Rapid-Fire-Br..._description=1

from gen5DIY?

Thanks!
toddux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 08:39 PM   #2
toddux

For those interested, Gen5DIY replied they never offered this gen6 feature for gen5, BUT should be doable.

Waiting on "cost" and "lead time" reply.

I'll keep you updated
Old 03-03-2016, 12:01 PM   #3
davesnever

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I just bought a cheap generic flasher off Ebay for less than $5.00 and has worked for over a year now just fine. Just spliced it inline to the rear deck LED.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NEW-GS-100A-C...FWegUO&vxp=mtr

Last edited by davesnever; 03-04-2016 at 11:30 AM.
davesnever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 12:04 PM   #4
SemyDaCop
LocoBee in da RGV

Drives: '10 Custom RY 1LT, '14 BlK SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesnever View Post
I just bought a cheap generic flasher off Ebay for less than $5.00 and has worked for over a year now just fine. Just spliced it inline to the rear deck LED.
Have a link?

2010 Camaro 1Lt Custom
2014 Camaro 2SS/RS Custom
SemyDaCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 01:20 PM   #5
toddux

OK Guys,

Got an answer back from chevy24@Gen5diy

Although they never originally made this harness for 2010-2013, they can retrofit the 2014 flasher into the 2010-2013 harness for $85.

This would be a plug-n-play for the OEM Rear Brake Lights to "rapid flash" on initial Brake; returning to solid on after 3 flashes. (at least that's what the 2014 video shows)

I'm def getting one!

Malama Pono
Old 03-03-2016, 01:46 PM   #6
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddux View Post
OK Guys,

Got an answer back from chevy24@Gen5diy

Although they never originally made this harness for 2010-2013, they can retrofit the 2014 flasher into the 2010-2013 harness for $85.

This would be a plug-n-play for the OEM Rear Brake Lights to "rapid flash" on initial Brake; returning to solid on after 3 flashes. (at least that's what the 2014 video shows)

I'm def getting one!

Malama Pono
This is HUGE ! Especially for the '10-13' guys that have given up or stayed away from the Tehnostalgia rapid fire ones because of the all the problems with them, plus they don't even make them anymore.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 08:50 PM   #7
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I would be down for 160 bucks basically to get the rapid fire look with Gen5Diy quality an support.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 03:47 PM   #8
davesnever

Yeah I have a 2010 SS with a harness already installed for sequential tail lights so my brake flasher is installed to feed the 3rd brake light which is probably better anyways cause its the only LED light of all the tail lights. Also I thought it might look pretty strange when you use the turn signal and brake at the same time so I decided it was better to only have the 3rd brake light flash.
Old 03-04-2016, 07:03 PM   #9
toddux

Quote:
Yeah I have a 2010 SS with a harness already installed for sequential tail lights so my brake flasher is installed to feed the 3rd brake light which is probably better anyways cause its the only LED light of all the tail lights. Also I thought it might look pretty strange when you use the turn signal and brake at the same time so I decided it was better to only have the 3rd brake light flash.
I'll be sure to post a video of what the harness does under most curious condition. (Tails ON, Left Turn Signal ON, and then Hit Brake)

I think, I think only the Right Brake Light would Hyperflash and then stay solid ON, but that is based on the Stock behavior of "bright" filament flash while the brake lights are ON.

Sounds like it will take some time though. They quoted me 3 weeks build time. Happy to wait, just have it done professionally.

Malama Pono
Old 03-04-2016, 07:23 PM   #10
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Does this require LEDs in the tail lights???
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 08:18 PM   #11
davesnever

All the cheap Ebay module does for me is flash my 3rd brake light(rear window) as I didn't want to interfere with my sequential signal lights.My car is in storage right now but this is exactly how mine is set up.

And to answer olblue75 this flasher will obviously act different on a regular light bulb.Unless the flasher was specifically designed for incandescent bulbs then it will not look the same as incandescent lamps cannot flash as fast as LED. The Camaro already has factory installed LED highmount light.The other harness that others are talking about flash the tailights.What I would like to know is if the highmount LED light is flashing too but they have the trunk open so you can't see it. Whatever the case I prefer my highmount to flash as this is the most obvious to people and gets their attention which is what my purpose was in the first place,almost been rearended a few times before!

Last edited by davesnever; 03-04-2016 at 08:35 PM.
Old 03-05-2016, 05:25 AM   #12
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
All the cheap Ebay module does for me is flash my 3rd brake light(rear window) as I didn't want to interfere with my sequential signal lights.My car is in storage right now but this is exactly how mine is set up.

And to answer olblue75 this flasher will obviously act different on a regular light bulb.Unless the flasher was specifically designed for incandescent bulbs then it will not look the same as incandescent lamps cannot flash as fast as LED. The Camaro already has factory installed LED highmount light.The other harness that others are talking about flash the tailights.What I would like to know is if the highmount LED light is flashing too but they have the trunk open so you can't see it. Whatever the case I prefer my highmount to flash as this is the most obvious to people and gets their attention which is what my purpose was in the first place,almost been rearended a few times before!
Can you post a video of what it looks like on your '10 SS
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 07:03 AM   #13
davesnever

Sure, I will post a video later today once the wife comes home lol.
Old 03-05-2016, 08:29 AM   #14
Sheriff Justice
If your not 1st your last

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS / RS
I have the flash strobe module installed on a Ford Explorer (more attention / avoid rear-end crash, German Shepherd in the cargo area). I had it on my Pontiac G8 when I sold it, did not install on the Camaro yet. A friend has them installed on his boat trailer brake lights.

Very easy install on 3rd / high mount brake light, just splice it in. Hyper flash / strobes 5 times then stay on steady as long as you have the brakes applied. I get mine from the same vendor I purchase my LED bulbs from.