Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-06-2010, 04:46 PM   #1
John VS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT CGM, IOM Int.
Cops Like the 2010 Camaro

A little story...

I'm here in California where the law says every car must have a front license plate. Well, I looked into one of those flip out plate things, but never bought one. I definitely wasn't drilling holes in my front bumper.

So this week I have to take a friend to the the airport (LAX). There's a roadblock at the entrance with about 5-6 cops stopping every car that goes in. The officers says "Do you realize you don't have a front plate?" I say yes, it's a new car I haven't got it on yet. He says "Well, it's a nice car" and waves me on.

So I drop off my friend and I'm coming around the terminal to head home when a motorcycle cop flips on his lights behind me and signals for me to pull over. It has been all of 3 minutes since the first cop said something.

"Sir, the reason I stopped you is you have no front license plate on your car."

I didn't point out that I'd heard this already. I just agreed and said the plate was in the garage and I hadn't put it on yet (all true). So the cop leans down and says "How do you like the car?" I tell him I love it and he replies "A friend told me it feels like sitting in a bunker."

"Yeah, it does at first, but after a few days you don't even notice it anymore."

The cop says "Yeah, well he owns a Challenger, so..."

Me: "Badmouthing the competition."

"Well, I'm just going to give you a warning today, but don't forget to put that plate on."

So, yes, I agreed and I will be ordering one of those flip out plate holders soon. But this is only the second time in my life I've gotten a warning instead of a ticket. And I've had plenty of tickets over the years. But this week I got two warnings in 5 minutes :-0

The Camaro seems to have the same effect on cops as a hot blonde, which is sort of nice for a change. Kind of makes me wonder what a blonde in a Camaro could get away with? Probably anything short of murder.
John VS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:55 PM   #2
Partick

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
There are some good DIY's on mounting the plate. I used zip ties and it works great. Easy to take off when so desired and easy to put back on.
Partick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:04 PM   #3
dmiller66
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: '13 2SS/RS, Blue Ray Metallic, Auto
You got pulled over and didn't get a ticket. You have implants?
dmiller66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:09 PM   #4
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmiller66 View Post
You got pulled over and didn't get a ticket. You have implants?

lol
Old 04-06-2010, 05:28 PM   #5
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
License Plate Laws

Cops just love to pick on people that drive new cars around. I live in Wisconsin I see hundreds of old beaters and cars that are several months past due on their registration stickers. The chances of getting pulled over are less than 2%. I have been stopped 5 times. Reasons as stupid as having no plate, tinted plate cover, beads hanging from rearview, driving too slow when you are doing the posted speed limit, driving with brights on. I don't do drugs or nothing illegal but the cops sure love stopping me. I don't care anymore. Pull me over for speeding or something legit. When you drive a newer car they love to pick on you because they think you have more money vs. the person drivin around with the cracked windshield, missing car mirrors and dents you name it:( But I have to count my blessings I got away with written warnings and verbal warnings except one time
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:41 PM   #6
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmiller66 View Post
You have implants?
I find myself asking that same question...
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:55 PM   #7
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Cops do indeed love the new Camaro, some of us even own one!!

BTW Stacy, don't know why that happens in Wisconsin, but I hardly ever pull a new car over for the stuff you mentioned, unless the person driving it is known to be a player outside the law. I"d much rather pull over the beater for a cracked windshield, much better chance of making an arrest for something much more serious!
Old 04-06-2010, 06:22 PM   #8
chevyss
SS/RS

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM w/blk stripes A6
Drivingcomfort.com has one that mounts under the front bumper and you can hide or use it up. The excuss that I've given to the cops is, "Darn officer, I just washed the car and forgot to pull is back up and it works every time. Washington State Patrol officers are really anal about that front plate.
Attached Images

chevyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:22 PM   #9
Supercop29
Old Cop!

Drives: 2SS/RS
Implants... my wife does...I like them...but never let a driver go because she had implants.... but.......... today isn't over !! :-)
Supercop29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:37 PM   #10
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
BTW Stacy, don't know why that happens in Wisconsin, but I hardly ever pull a new car over for the stuff you mentioned, unless the person driving it is known to be a player outside the law. I"d much rather pull over the beater for a cracked windshield, much better chance of making an arrest for something much more serious![/QUOTE]

Maybe its Wisconsin I never been arrested and haven't stepped a foot into a jail
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:43 PM   #11
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrray13 View Post
Cops do indeed love the new Camaro, some of us even own one!!
ruh roh, you're one of them!
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:48 PM   #12
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Stacy~ View Post

Maybe its Wisconsin I never been arrested and haven't stepped a foot into a jail

WE can fix that, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorAirForce View Post
ruh roh, you're one of them!
Like you didn't know.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:49 PM   #13
rmnc3r

Drives: me up the wall.
This DIY Install is not too onerous or odious
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73549
rmnc3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:02 PM   #14