Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 09:05 PM   #113
matt55

Drives: CTS-V
Mine are smoothed with header flange.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:07 PM   #114
ss/rs-matt

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt55 View Post
Mine are smoothed with header flange.
Excellent...same as mine.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:38 PM   #115
papawattz

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS +2014 El Tigre
BIG SALE AT WALMART!

Hey everybody there is BIG sale at walmart, (5) phlilips head screw drivers for a dollar! These look identical to those $5(American made) philips head screw drivers from Sears.Now, they will break after each time you use them, but hey,there is 5 of them, what a deal!! Man I just wish those crafty Chinese would start building Knock off Camaro's, could you imagine, One for each day of the week
Old 04-17-2012, 09:44 PM   #116
Mr. Unassailable

Drives: 2010 2SS MT, 2010 SHO, 2004 S60R
As a weld inspector in the petrochemical industry, I can tell you the welds on the OBX headers are sub par. I can say this because I installed mine 2 weeks ago and thoroughly inspected them. There is severe lack of penetration across almost every weld. I have not seen the kooks, but I do know the time and skill it takes to make perfect welds (as that's all that passes in most of what I do). The extra $800~ is definitely not of no added value if the welds are better (and if you can understand what I mean by that). That said, I'm happy with my OBX headers and they will probably outlast their need (few hundred miles maybe, it's a toy).
Old 04-17-2012, 09:48 PM   #117
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
WOW I was away on vacation for a week and I return to yet another Maryland speed takeover, what a surprise, I especially like all the "see I stayed out of a thread" yet I have ten posts in that thread BS. I love the propaganda and ignorance of the oppositions points not to mention the biased view points that dont address the obvious and take the rest of us for fools. And we will once again be told "for every one of you there are ten that buy from me"BS! So, I count about four or five then mentioned OBX on this thread alone so there must be 50 orders by now over there in maryland. LMAO This is comedy, pure comedy. There must be a buzzer hooked up to C5 next to dudes bed and anytime the word OBX gets mentioned in the thread, its a quick trip to the fridge for the bons bons and then time to BASH ON while claiming how you "stayed out of the thread". Its pure comedy.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:53 PM   #118
papawattz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss/rs-matt View Post
Well if I ever decide to turn my OBX headers into electrical conduit Ill let you guys know how it turns out...haha. For now they work amazing as HEADERS! These threads are fun, Im still working on my carbon fiber, titanium headers that will last 300,000 years. I just hired 2 NASA engineers to help design them, now i just need a $500,000.00 tube bender, its a really really special one. They will only cost about $5000.00 but they will come with a lifetime warranty. lol

hot,cold,hot,cold,hot,cold...............SSSSPPPPL LLLIIIIIITTTT!! That's usually what happens with cheap steal I would love to watch you struggle, trying to bend a batch of cheap conduit! I was trying to make a point about the quality of steal genius, besides I don't think you could bend a peice of conduit to save your life, so maybe you can use those OBX's as some yard art when they fail
Old 04-17-2012, 09:59 PM   #119
papawattz

Everytime an OBX header sells, a Chinaman gets 50 cents!
Old 04-17-2012, 10:22 PM   #120
ss/rs-matt

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by papawattz View Post
hot,cold,hot,cold,hot,cold...............SSSSPPPPL LLLIIIIIITTTT!! That's usually what happens with cheap steal I would love to watch you struggle, trying to bend a batch of cheap conduit! I was trying to make a point about the quality of steal genius, besides I don't think you could bend a peice of conduit to save your life, so maybe you can use those OBX's as some yard art when they fail
First, I used to be an commercial electrician and supermarket refrigeration tech and bending conduit was the easiest part of the job. Second, in your original post you mentioned nothing about heat cycles. You did point out that when bending thin electrical pipe it would split. So what? I didn't have to bend my headers into place, incase you didn't know they come pre-bent, genius. Third, I was the one who checked the thickness of the OBX headers and if I remember correct they were either a 14 or 16 gauge stainless. So what if the thinner stuff breaks, OBX used the thicker stuff.
Lets say OBX did break the thinner so called "inferior stainless" then it sounds like they resolved your "assumed issue" they MIGHT of had using the thicker stuff.
Any other brilliant thoughts I should comment on?

Old 04-17-2012, 10:26 PM   #121
AzItaliaSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by papawattz View Post
Everytime an OBX header sells, a Chinaman gets 50 cents!
He does if he lives in San Fran home of OBX

VARARAM, SWSP 1 7/8 LT'S,X-PIPE,CAT DELETE,DYNOMAX RACE BULLETTS, LSR SHORT SHIFTER ,CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS,MPD1 SPOILER, HP TUNE BY GEARHEAD GARAGE, INTERIOR ABL LIGHTING, CUSTOM STRIPING BY BEAVER STRIPES, EIBACHS
Old 04-17-2012, 11:02 PM   #122
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Yup...I took over. If you had some comprehension skills...you would see this thread was downhill way before I got here. However it is easy to make me the boogie man, so whatever. Trust me..if this was seriously hurting my business, don't you think I would stop?

Beleive it or not, people do not follow every thread on the subject..and I would say at least half the people viewing a thread like this do not know the back story and are learning for the first time. The reality is, I get plenty of calls from people who would have never known the real deal behind these, and thank me. They have no desire to step in a shit storm thread, or fight a battle, they just want facts. For all the bickering here..last I checked, I am the only one who has taken pictures of both side by side, and done a dyno test.

So at the end of the day..maybe I upset the same 5-10 people every thread (and yes..it is the same people over and over). However just like them, I purchased these headers, and actually still have them. So if you are able to have an opion in every thread..guess what..so am I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
WOW I was away on vacation for a week and I return to yet another Maryland speed takeover, what a surprise, I especially like all the "see I stayed out of a thread" yet I have ten posts in that thread BS. I love the propaganda and ignorance of the oppositions points not to mention the biased view points that dont address the obvious and take the rest of us for fools. And we will once again be told "for every one of you there are ten that buy from me"BS! So, I count about four or five then mentioned OBX on this thread alone so there must be 50 orders by now over there in maryland. LMAO This is comedy, pure comedy. There must be a buzzer hooked up to C5 next to dudes bed and anytime the word OBX gets mentioned in the thread, its a quick trip to the fridge for the bons bons and then time to BASH ON while claiming how you "stayed out of the thread". Its pure comedy.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:08 PM   #123
AzItaliaSS

"I would say atleast half" blah blah here we go again, and noooo if you can read and understand as well, you would see there is a whole new round of people that are buying or plan to buy now that you have spoken and steered them the otherway again. But its ok , and we understand you , one of the people that cannot for the love of god ever shut up, we get it we get it. You have no life and business is better then ever, great none of us care.

VARARAM, SWSP 1 7/8 LT'S,X-PIPE,CAT DELETE,DYNOMAX RACE BULLETTS, LSR SHORT SHIFTER ,CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS,MPD1 SPOILER, HP TUNE BY GEARHEAD GARAGE, INTERIOR ABL LIGHTING, CUSTOM STRIPING BY BEAVER STRIPES, EIBACHS
Old 04-18-2012, 12:14 AM   #124
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss/rs-matt View Post
Hey you guys should look at the ports and report whether they are smoothed out. In my OBX thread I was told mine were a fluke for being so nice. Something about I must of got lucky cause these are made with Walmart lawn furniture or some BS like that.
Mine were the same. Some one took the time to really clean up those inferior welds that dont penetrate very deep. Makes you wonder how all that metal got there that they had to clean up. Oooooooo! those sneeky little chinamen. I bet they used liquid steel!
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Old 04-18-2012, 03:15 AM   #125
black.

Drives: IBM 2SS
Hmm so we shouldn't buy knock offs. So those who are running replica wheels pitch them in the trash they're knock offs. Those who have eagle eyes throw them away they're knock offs of factory halos, Those who have 1 inch drop springs from different companys, take them off your car and put them in the trash. It goes on and on.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:49 AM   #126
Mark Myles

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM / Silver Stripes
First of all, I'm not one to bash, but I do lurk and actually learn from posts like this. I must say though, after seeing just the photos of the OBX and Kooks headers side by side, one of those headers screams quality over the other, and I will admit I know nothing about how either are made. People can buy what they want for their car, everyone has an opinion and budget. But I do want to thank Maryland Speed for posting the photos, it made my decision easy on which headers to purchase.

M

Closed Thread

Tags
headers, install, long tube, obx, problems