Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 05-27-2013, 10:06 AM   #43
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Re-watched the video because the install is happening today! Great video, just what I needed, love to see someone do an install before I give it a shot. Fingers crossed and here we go!
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:42 AM   #44
Supermaro585HP
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS
I just got a new filter on Friday and it is smaller then the original one. I did go with the dry filter this time. Also there is no chrome on this filter. Not a big deal but was just wondering why it is different..
Supermaro585HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:00 PM   #45
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermaro585HP View Post
I just got a new filter on Friday and it is smaller then the original one. I did go with the dry filter this time. Also there is no chrome on this filter. Not a big deal but was just wondering why it is different..
We do not recommend using the dry filter on the ZL1 as we have not done any testing with it.

Jeremiah
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:13 PM   #46
spaceaholic
SpaceAholic

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
So do suggest going all the way. Big Gulp, Reservoir kit, and CAI? I at least got the catch can finally ordered!
What is the estimate difference in gain between going with just the CAI verses adding the big gulp and reservior?
spaceaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:54 PM   #47
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceaholic View Post
What is the estimate difference in gain between going with just the CAI verses adding the big gulp and reservior?
I don't think you get any additional HP. Big gulp can force more air to the brakes otherwise I think it's the same amount to the CAI. The reservoir gives you cooler engine temps, I think, this is definitely not my area of expertise.
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:57 PM   #48
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
During dyno testing of our ZL1 CAI, we had them do a "hood up" pull to see how the additional air affected performance. Needless to say there was an increase in HP, which was the deciding factor for us to go into R&D on the big gulp.

Jeremiah
Old 05-27-2013, 08:51 PM   #49
Azzkker

Drives: 2013 AGM ZL1, 99 z28, 89 iroc-z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
During dyno testing of our ZL1 CAI, we had them do a "hood up" pull to see how the additional air affected performance. Needless to say there was an increase in HP, which was the deciding factor for us to go into R&D on the big gulp.

Jeremiah
What are you guys coming up for those of us that have purchased the big gulp, and the original w/s relocation tank that mounts where your I/c tank usually mounts? Would like to mount the I/c tank, but also want to keep the washer function.

thanks
anthony
Azzkker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:55 PM   #50
spaceaholic
SpaceAholic

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post

Jeremiah
But no post production data to indicate quantitatively what benefit is derived from the additional components? Im just seeking substantive information on why I should go above/beyond your CAI (which others on this forum have convinced me is worth the money)..

Scott
spaceaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #51
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
But no post production data to indicate quantitatively what benefit is derived from the additional components? Im just seeking substantive information on why I should go above/beyond your CAI (which others on this forum have convinced me is worth the money)..

Scott
I must have misunderstood your question. If the RWHP numbers are what you are seeking, realistically there is no way to measure. However, the air scoops have been well proven on the Camaro SS and with the ZL1 pushing 150+ more HP than the SS, the benifit of additional air to the airbox area is greater. I hope this somewhat answers your question, and thanks for your interest in our products!

Jeremiah
Old 06-09-2013, 01:32 AM   #52
ninsecgt

Drives: 2017 zl1
intake

excellent instructions
ninsecgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:48 AM   #53
RedCamaroZL1

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Mine came in on Friday. Can't wait to put it on. Waiting til after 1500 miles. At 1300 now. Probably do it this week! Very excited to let her rip!
RedCamaroZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:19 AM   #54
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCamaroZL1 View Post
Mine came in on Friday. Can't wait to put it on. Waiting til after 1500 miles. At 1300 now. Probably do it this week! Very excited to let her rip!
Thanks for choosing Roto-Fab!! And dont forget to post some pics!!!

Jeremiah
Old 06-14-2013, 09:26 AM   #55
AquaSSRS

Drives: formerly a AGM ZL1 (sold)
Any updates regarding the intercooler tank and new w/w relocation kit?
Old 06-14-2013, 10:48 AM   #56
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaSSRS View Post
Any updates regarding the intercooler tank and new w/w relocation kit?
We haven't had much time to devote to the kits because we have been overwhelmingly busy the last few months. We are starting to slow down a little as we are reaching the tail end of our busy season and every spare second is spent on these 2 kits. We are pretty close to finished with both but I don't want to give an estimated time since we never know what surprises tomorrow will bring!! I apologize for the delays and just want to say thanks for your patience and interest in Roto-Fab products!!

Jeremiah