Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-16-2015, 08:29 PM   #1
GAHDOOSH
GAHDOOSH

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
Question Throttle Response Controller on V6

So I am in the 2013 LFX 3.6L V6.
What kind of performance increase am I going to see in the butt dyno from this?
Would greatly appreciate a review from someone that's done this to their v6!
I have already done a VMAX spiral ported throttle body, and a CAI cold air intake, which I am very happy with. Can I expect to see an increase in felt performance like I did with those two additions?

Link for reference: http://www.apex-speed.com/vitesse-mo...ler-tccam.html

Thanks!

2016 1SS 6.2L LT1 Manual 6-Speed, Front Emblem Blackout, Rear Bowtie Delete, Side emblem delete, Phastek Side Marker Tint, GM Black Taillights, $23.57 of Premium Gas this morning

GAHDOOSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 08:36 PM   #2
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Here is a review I did today in another thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I finally got mine installed. So here is my take. Remember this is on a 2012 LFX V6 Automatic Convertible. The convertible will weigh more than the coupe so the effects may not be as dramatic in some cases. For mine I say forget anything under SP3 because you won't notice much change. SP4-6 you get quicker downshifts ( both normal and sport modes)and when making a turn pulling out you need to be careful because for the first time on dry pavement pulling out the rear end broke loose and I fishtailed for a good 100 ft. with TC off, with TC on it was kicking in a lot more than I am used to. On 7 I got wheelspin pulling out in a straight line. On 8 and 9 I think it's too sensitive for street use. The transmission was kicking down to a lower gear with the slightest application of the throttle. If I used them on the street I would probably use manual mode.
My instructions still indicate EC mode is not supported with our cars so I did not try it.
My normal setting will be SP3 or 4.
I recommend it. It does improve your butt dyno feel, I have yet to hear any actual performance gains. But I can't imagine it not improving your 0-60 performance.

Check this thread for more reviews.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=391742
Old 01-16-2015, 11:07 PM   #3
crazy82012

Drives: SIM2012 Rollin on22's LEDs
Wow !!!is what you will feel ,if u thought the CAI helped, get the controller awesomeness !!!!
crazy82012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 10:58 AM   #4
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Get it, it's a no brainer....

Plenty of topics here to see the results this VTC has on the LFX motor...
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 12:47 PM   #5
Eddiefuzz

Drives: 2011 RS
REALLY!?!?! You haven't been able to find ANY reviews for Viettesse Throttle Controller. Not Even One??? Maybe you could do a search?
Eddiefuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 06:24 PM   #6
mrlarrys

Drives: 2013 ruby red tincoat HURST 1LT
I have a 2013 LFX 3.6L Auto V6 with a CAI, VMax ported and polished TB, not much else and adding the Throttle Controller brought together the performance of all mods. Im very happy with the performance now. A very noticeable and cheep plug and play mod where you will be happy with the end result. I think the #9 is too crazy for everyday driving and the thing seems to add extra performance and sensitivity when the traction control and limited slip is turned off. I can smoke the tires with the stock 18's due to these 3 mods That's why I have bought Hurst 20's for this summer. You can I expect to see an increase in felt performance like I have and well worth the price - besides he has a money back guarantee ! cant go wrong !
mrlarrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 07:27 PM   #7
GAHDOOSH
GAHDOOSH

I think I'll go ahead and order.
Will do my best to make a well lit install video and a review.
...Maybe I can even get some before after 0-60 shots...
Thanks to everyone for the replies.

Except this guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiefuzz View Post
REALLY!?!?! You haven't been able to find ANY reviews for Viettesse Throttle Controller. Not Even One??? Maybe you could do a search?
I didn't say that I couldn't find a topic, I just asked if I would feel it with my specific setup.
Maybe if you spent more time reading my post, and less time selecting emojis, you would have picked up on that.

2016 1SS 6.2L LT1 Manual 6-Speed, Front Emblem Blackout, Rear Bowtie Delete, Side emblem delete, Phastek Side Marker Tint, GM Black Taillights, $23.57 of Premium Gas this morning

Old 01-18-2015, 11:00 AM   #8
pinoyscorpion951

Drives: 2016 Bright Yellow 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAHDOOSH View Post
So I am in the 2013 LFX 3.6L V6.
What kind of performance increase am I going to see in the butt dyno from this?
Would greatly appreciate a review from someone that's done this to their v6!
I have already done a VMAX spiral ported throttle body, and a CAI cold air intake, which I am very happy with. Can I expect to see an increase in felt performance like I did with those two additions?

Link for reference: http://www.apex-speed.com/vitesse-mo...ler-tccam.html

Thanks!

I have all the mods that you have and a few others; Apex air scoop, Solo High Flow Cats, MRT V2 Exhaust with Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe, JacFab Extendolator Intake Manifold Spacer, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller and an IPF Tune and they all play nice with each other. I have had no issues whatsoever. Prior to the installation of the Throttle Controller, the IPF tune provided the greatest butt dyno improvement. However, when I installed the TC and put it on SP9 with all the nannies off and put it in sport mode, the car is absolutely insane off the line and is by far the best bang for your buck performance mod for our vehicles. Somewhere in the sponsors section under the Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller thread, myself and rtcatman did several 0-60 runs. Almost all the 0-60 runs were plagued by wheel spin at launch. When I first got my car, a stock 0-60 run was around 5.8-6.3 seconds. With all the mods that I have now its gone down to as low as 5.3 so I've knocked it down by almost half a second. I'm going to be doing a suspension and tire upgrade very soon and hope to get it down to 5.0 even, which I think, is the best you can get naturally aspirated with full bolt on's and a tune. I'm almost out of options as far as bolt ons. The only other thing thats left is an underdrive pulley and gears but I just don't think the price to performance ratio on those mods is really worth it. I have yet to see cams, and we can't do headers on the LFX so that is out. After these last mods, I'm done and will be waiting to see what the 2016 SS brings to the table or wait for the 50th anniversary edition in 2017.
pinoyscorpion951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 05:01 PM   #9
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoyscorpion951 View Post
I have all the mods that you have and a few others; Apex air scoop, Solo High Flow Cats, MRT V2 Exhaust with Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe, JacFab Extendolator Intake Manifold Spacer, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller and an IPF Tune and they all play nice with each other. I have had no issues whatsoever. Prior to the installation of the Throttle Controller, the IPF tune provided the greatest butt dyno improvement. However, when I installed the TC and put it on SP9 with all the nannies off and put it in sport mode, the car is absolutely insane off the line and is by far the best bang for your buck performance mod for our vehicles. Somewhere in the sponsors section under the Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller thread, myself and rtcatman did several 0-60 runs. Almost all the 0-60 runs were plagued by wheel spin at launch. When I first got my car, a stock 0-60 run was around 5.8-6.3 seconds. With all the mods that I have now its gone down to as low as 5.3 so I've knocked it down by almost half a second. I'm going to be doing a suspension and tire upgrade very soon and hope to get it down to 5.0 even, which I think, is the best you can get naturally aspirated with full bolt on's and a tune. I'm almost out of options as far as bolt ons. The only other thing thats left is an underdrive pulley and gears but I just don't think the price to performance ratio on those mods is really worth it. I have yet to see cams, and we can't do headers on the LFX so that is out. After these last mods, I'm done and will be waiting to see what the 2016 SS brings to the table or wait for the 50th anniversary edition in 2017.

CORRECT, I wrote up a few reviews in a few of the threads, not sure where they are at, but they are in the threads on this forum somewhere.

Easily one of the best performance items we can buy for the money for our V6 Camaro.
Old 01-18-2015, 05:03 PM   #10
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
CORRECT, I wrote up a few reviews in a few of the threads, not sure where they are at, but they are in the threads on this forum somewhere.

Easily one of the best performance items we can buy for the money for our V6 Camaro.
Probably the mods need to merge all the Vitesse threads.
Old 01-18-2015, 05:15 PM   #11
Eddiefuzz

Drives: 2011 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Probably the mods need to merge all the Vitesse threads.
If anyone else asks,"Is it worth it", "Does it work","I have a Ported Throttle Body"... PEOPLE!!!, THIS THING IS BANGING!!! INCREDIBLE!!! Do I know how it works? Should you have one? Great Write Ups Angrybird!
Eddiefuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 07:18 PM   #12
GAHDOOSH
GAHDOOSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiefuzz View Post
If anyone else asks,"Is it worth it", "Does it work","I have a Ported Throttle Body"... PEOPLE!!!, THIS THING IS BANGING!!! INCREDIBLE!!! Do I know how it works? Should you have one? Great Write Ups Angrybird!
You're why camaro5 needs downvotes.

Old 01-18-2015, 09:58 PM   #13
BlakeD

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1LE
I was skeptical myself. Now I cannot imagine driving my Camaro without it.
BlakeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 02:13 PM   #14
Earnhardtfan77

Drives: Summit White 2012 1LT/RS
this is the first im reading about this, i dont know how i missed it, im just a little worried this mod might break something..has anyone had anything go wrong running this mod
Cold Air Inductions CAI, VMaxx ported throttle body, RX catch can, Led Interior Lights, Led License plate lights, Hood Spears, Blacked Out Rear Trunk panel, Gills, Blacked Out Front Fascia, and Bow tie
Earnhardtfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote