Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 06-17-2012, 01:32 PM   #99
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Glad you made it home safe and sound. Wet MAF huh? Thats interesting. I decided to forego the chiller and go with the billet pulley and HPFP so my set up for now will be sans super chiller. Interested to see how your MAF issue works out. Do you like your car?
Love the car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Sounds like you have a problem with the condensor.
How so? I figured the condensation was a result from super cooling the air (mid to high 90's) down to about 55-60.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:39 PM   #100
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Yes, but shouldn't it trap the condensation prior to the intake? You wouldn't want all that water going into your engine, and I'm pretty sure you don't want it on the MAF.

I never really thought about how they would do that, but it seems you would need a condensor after the IC to catch and evaporate the water. Just my thoughts...
Old 06-17-2012, 08:54 PM   #101
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
Yes, but shouldn't it trap the condensation prior to the intake? You wouldn't want all that water going into your engine, and I'm pretty sure you don't want it on the MAF.

I never really thought about how they would do that, but it seems you would need a condensor after the IC to catch and evaporate the water. Just my thoughts...
Good point, I didn't even think about it going into the Engine. Hmmm if I can, I'll check out the MAF again tomorrow.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:25 AM   #102
SemyDaCop
LocoBee in da RGV

Drives: '10 Custom RY 1LT, '14 BlK SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Nope, the shady Russian truck driver said they want to take the truck to Mexico..

Hey I live down here near the border...and I could have sworn I just saw these guys a lil while ago unloading those same cars at a local two bit dealership.

2010 Camaro 1Lt Custom
2014 Camaro 2SS/RS Custom
SemyDaCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:19 PM   #103
J-Rod6410
M6 9 second club

Drives: A 4000 Lb BeaSSt
Quote:
Good point, I didn't even think about it going into the Engine. Hmmm if I can, I'll check out the MAF again tomorrow.
Just so you know, water WILL damage the MAF sensor. I've seen it many times in vehicles that drive through some high water. The MAF has to be replaced every time.
Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/6410Jrod
Follow me on Instagram: @J_Rod6410
J-Rod6410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:47 PM   #104
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrrod6410 View Post
Just so you know, water WILL damage the MAF sensor. I've seen it many times in vehicles that drive through some high water. The MAF has to be replaced every time.
I figured water would damage the MAF. However I do not understand why I would have an issue with water. smoke1lt drove his about the same distance that I did and had zero problems.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:11 PM   #105
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
I figured water would damage the MAF. However I do not understand why I would have an issue with water. smoke1lt drove his about the same distance that I did and had zero problems.
I really never paid that much mind to the details of the design because I wasn't really sure I wanted one. However, I do think I remember them designing it so that it could be run at the track. That would mean they have to incorporate something to trap the water (can't have it dripping out all over the place). It sounds like yours is not working properly. Once Tracy is feeling better I'm sure it can figure it out. I doubt it is anything major. Like you said, Smoke has been running his for a while and they have a lot of humidity there, too. Probably something just needs to be replaced. Wish I knew more, but like I said...didn't pay that much attention in class.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:25 PM   #106
blackTT600

Drives: 2011 2LT M6 SC
its supposed to capture the moisture and let it drip out like the condenser of your A/C it just drips.
blackTT600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:14 PM   #107
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
I really never paid that much mind to the details of the design because I wasn't really sure I wanted one. However, I do think I remember them designing it so that it could be run at the track. That would mean they have to incorporate something to trap the water (can't have it dripping out all over the place). It sounds like yours is not working properly. Once Tracy is feeling better I'm sure it can figure it out. I doubt it is anything major. Like you said, Smoke has been running his for a while and they have a lot of humidity there, too. Probably something just needs to be replaced. Wish I knew more, but like I said...didn't pay that much attention in class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackTT600 View Post
its supposed to capture the moisture and let it drip out like the condenser of your A/C it just drips.
There is a competition mode that you can flip on that shuts the AC off but keeps the chiller going and keeps and water dripping on the ground, like it would if the AC was running. So basically it's drag strip mode.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:22 PM   #108
blackTT600

Drives: 2011 2LT M6 SC
Quote:
There is a competition mode that you can flip on that shuts the AC off but keeps the chiller going and keeps and water dripping on the ground, like it would if the AC was running. So basically it's drag strip mode.
well yeah, ok but shouldn't it always drip?
blackTT600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:13 PM   #109
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackTT600 View Post
well yeah, ok but shouldn't it always drip?
Apparently not in competition mode, that's the whole point. So you can run the chiller on the drag strip. Not completely sure yet. Still checking everything out and having fun. I've been home less than 72 hours

***New video on my build threat, check it out!***
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...07#post5150507

Last edited by BaylorCamaro; 06-18-2012 at 11:36 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:36 AM   #110
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Hmmmmm did not realize that competition mode shut off the AC. Learning new things everyday. Hey Baylor, been meaning to ask, did your exhaust note change any? If so did it improve or depreciate? Or did it stay the same? Sorry for getting off subject slightly. I cannot believe how much my exhaust changed under 3/4 - WOT with the ported IM. Seems throatier or thumpier kinda like an older modded Ford 4.6. Anyway I think Smoke reported a slight change with the addition of his SC.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.

Last edited by SIXJAK; 06-19-2012 at 01:50 AM.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:03 AM   #111
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Drives: One Badass 1LE
Awesome videos and I like the new badge!

I have the same question as JAK about the exhaust
Old 06-19-2012, 09:21 AM   #112
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Yea I love the badge also look great. Did Roger get it done for you?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk