Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 03-22-2011, 07:50 PM   #1
rdblan2

Drives: 2SS RS
Avery Nano clear bra? Anyone?

I haven't heard of this product before, but a friend of mine has an installer that does a lot of Vettes in my area. Anyways, the installer uses the Avery Nano film. Anyone have experience with this?

I got quoted $570 for the entire front fascia. Does that sound fair? Film and install has a lifetime warranty.

Thanks!
rdblan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:50 PM   #2
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Oddly enough before coming to work for Adam's I worked for Avery in their Roll Materials Division... I have no first hand experience with this exact product, but I will say after seeing that company from the inside out they do a lot of R&D and have a vast collection of patents on high tech, innovative films.

I wouldn't hesitate to get it if I were in the market for a clear protection product knowing they do their homework.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:01 PM   #3
rdblan2

Well I'll count that as a +1 in the "ringing endorsement" category! Thank you!
Old 03-23-2011, 08:35 AM   #4
htp autoworks
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 Jeep SRT-8
AS an installer i will say it is an excellent film. You will not be dissapointed with that product. I have been installing VentureShield for years and will be switching over soon to Avery Nano... I will still offer venture as a cheaper alternative but the Nano Fusion film is the best film out there. Period.
htp autoworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:09 PM   #5
Chadwicke

Drives: 2011 2LT
I had this film installed a few months ago and love it. Here's a link to the thread where I posted some pictures:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ht=nano-fusion

$570 sounds about what others are paying for the front fascia. I think it is more than worth it.
Chadwicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:08 PM   #6
KIZE
www.gkiser.com

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, Auto, Summit White. R
I paid 800 for front facia/bumper, side mirrors, gills. Then went back and paid another 200 for rocker panels. One year later and not one dingle paint chip. I used 3M. I will do this on all new cars going forward. Have it clayed first!

Roto-fab CAI, GMPP exhaust with tips, Pistol Grip shifter with paddle switches, 'Chevrolet' aluminum kick plates, Aluminum Bow Ties, ClearBra front bumper/facia + side views + gills + behind door handles. SS floormats. www.gkiser.com
KIZE www.gkiser.com
KIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 12:52 PM   #7
Innovative

Drives: 53 F100, 15 Z71 Colorado, 06 Denali
I had Avery Dennison "Nano Fusion" PPF installed on my 06 Denali about 6 months ago and it is a fantastic product. I originally installed Avery's 1st generation PPF which over time dulled and discolored. Avery warrantied the old product, it was removed and replaced with the new Nano film. IMO, some PPF films are definitely better than others (visually) and the overall appearance from the quality of the install makes every difference in the world. A bad install can certainly make a stomach turn and put a hole in your pocket...

Some of the other things that I like about the Nano film is that it comes with a "Limited Lifetime Warranty" and it also doesnt stain as easy like other films. In the demo I saw, you can take a black watch strap and rub it hard against the film....a black transfer mark will appear. Just take a MF towel and wipe and it's gone. Earlier generation PPF did not allow this, therefore leaving a permanent marking.

The price you have been quoted sounds about right, generally an economy kit that includes complete bumper, partial hood and bumpers, mirrorrs, lights and fogs goes for about $895.00...........I personally think this product is worth every penny, consider it inexpensive insurance....the the headache, nightmare and cost to refinish your bumper, hood or fenders could be up to 3x the amount...
Innovative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:03 AM   #8
rdblan2

I just had the install done yesterday. Front kit, mirrors, A pillar, and first few inches of roof line. <$800. Hopefully, it will prove worth it.

Thanks everyone!