Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-04-2008, 05:35 PM   #1
NVMY68SS
Drives #296

Drives: 1968 Camaro SS - 350/5 Speed
First Contact: A Challenger Encounter

Well, I was going to start a thread titled "First Contact: A Challenger Road Meeting", but this is as good as anywhere to tell you about the new boat I saw on the road today.

I was taking a short trip in my '68 when out of nowhere what should appear behind me....yep, a new red Challenger. I must admit, it looks pretty nice in the rear view mirror......and that's exactly where it should be. I tried to show a little muscle car camaraderie (forgive spelling on that one) by waving and giving a thumbs up but got nothing back. Now, I don't know if he was trying to draft me and conserve gas or if he was just pissed off about his possible mark-up he paid or if he really needed to get to a bathroom, but all this guy new was to have his foot in the pedal. Thankfully, we didn't have to find out how good Hagerty insurance is since he finally found a passing point that he could go around. Since I never got a wave back or anything from my gestures of good will, I really wanted to make him work for his pass, but I also wanted to hear that Hemi and see how the car looked all-around. OMG.......when he pulled over, I thought the sun would be eclipsed. This thing has got a bigger ass than Kim Kardashian. Just google her if you haven't seen it lately. I digress. Anyway, the rear window is lost by the what looks like a 6 foot tall bumper, spoiler, and tailight area. At one point, I thought it was a Durango. I really didn't expect it be so one-dimensional. It literally looked flat. Anyway, he got on the next cars ass and never got off it until the guy turned. One thing is for sure, this guy is gonna be spending a lot on gas and brakes with his new toy.

I'd be curious to hear some of your encounter stories as well.

Have a Happy 4th everyone.
#296 Delivered 6-1-09 Dynoed 10-3-09 384.56HP 387.65TQ with the bolt-ons listed, no tune.....yet!
Roto-Fab CAI (Install pics here), Doug Thorley Shorties, Flowmaster American Thunder 409S Cat Back Vid
NVMY68SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 06:09 PM   #2
Myka
ritired suthern gentlman

Drives: nothing now
First of all, you have an awesome car. Congratulations.

Now, your car may have been why he was so snotty. He probably thought he had the coolest car around (even though he probably paid 40k+) and then he sees yours. Inferiority complex sets in lol. Or it may have been that he had to deal with idiots at the dodge dealership. From what I've heard, they have the worst customer service.

I'm not surprised that it was unimpressive from behind. I think it looks plain. I saw a magazine where they had one sitting side by side with an original challenger and it didn't compare.
Myka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 08:20 PM   #3
NVMY68SS
Drives #296

Drives: 1968 Camaro SS - 350/5 Speed
Thanks. I appreciate that.

You may be right. I got happy when I saw him behind me because that just reminded me how close we are to having our Camaro back. I was really hoping he was gonna pull in somewhere so I could talk to him about the car and check it out.......
NVMY68SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:50 PM   #4
carsismeZ06
Corvette and Camaro lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro...some day...
I was down at the local UDF getting some milk and next to the UDF is a bank. At the bank's parking lot there was a really nice black 7 series BMW, and a ways down was a bright orange Challenger. It looked really nice, and if I can't get a Camaro, im going to get a Challenger for sure.
Old 07-05-2008, 03:54 PM   #5
MISTA 618

Drives: Dodge magnum
Well Just like i posted I saw the 08 challenger at Six Flags on dislpay and it looked pretty good to me. What I like most is the large size I dont like small cars, and people were pretty dazzled by the sight of the car from taking pics in front of it, to cheking out the large alloys personaly I think Dodge really did a great job on the new Challenger. After leaving from the park i noticed an all black
07 Mustang GT and I was thinking which looks better What do you guys think.
MISTA 618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 03:59 PM   #6
Myka
ritired suthern gentlman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA 618 View Post
Well Just like i posted I saw the 08 challenger at Six Flags on dislpay and it looked pretty good to me. What I like most is the large size I dont like small cars, and people were pretty dazzled by the sight of the car from taking pics in front of it, to cheking out the large alloys personaly I think Dodge really did a great job on the new Challenger. After leaving from the park i noticed an all black
07 Mustang GT and I was thinking which looks better What do you guys think.
The GT. I really like them with a shaker scoop.
Old 07-05-2008, 04:32 PM   #7
Nickdago

Drives: 01 Z06 08 CTS 07 Avy LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVMY68SS View Post
Well, I was going to start a thread titled "First Contact: A Challenger Road Meeting", but this is as good as anywhere to tell you about the new boat I saw on the road today.

I was taking a short trip in my '68 when out of nowhere what should appear behind me....yep, a new red Challenger. I must admit, it looks pretty nice in the rear view mirror......and that's exactly where it should be. I tried to show a little muscle car camaraderie (forgive spelling on that one) by waving and giving a thumbs up but got nothing back. Now, I don't know if he was trying to draft me and conserve gas or if he was just pissed off about his possible mark-up he paid or if he really needed to get to a bathroom, but all this guy new was to have his foot in the pedal. Thankfully, we didn't have to find out how good Hagerty insurance is since he finally found a passing point that he could go around. Since I never got a wave back or anything from my gestures of good will, I really wanted to make him work for his pass, but I also wanted to hear that Hemi and see how the car looked all-around. OMG.......when he pulled over, I thought the sun would be eclipsed. This thing has got a bigger ass than Kim Kardashian. Just google her if you haven't seen it lately. I digress. Anyway, the rear window is lost by the what looks like a 6 foot tall bumper, spoiler, and tailight area. At one point, I thought it was a Durango. I really didn't expect it be so one-dimensional. It literally looked flat. Anyway, he got on the next cars ass and never got off it until the guy turned. One thing is for sure, this guy is gonna be spending a lot on gas and brakes with his new toy.

I'd be curious to hear some of your encounter stories as well.

Have a Happy 4th everyone.
I thought they were only out in Orange, Black and Silver
Nickdago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 04:52 PM   #8
Myka
ritired suthern gentlman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickdago View Post
No. And I have to admit, it looks pretty good in this color.

Old 07-05-2008, 05:31 PM   #9
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
That color would make anything look good.
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 05:52 PM   #10
storm79

Drives: 2007 GMC Sierra
idk theres just something about that car that makes me like wanna blow it up...ill admit its ok but like idk i dont really like it...it looks like they took an old challenger and just put a body kit on it...and another thing is that the interior pisses me off they just took the chargers interior basically and put it in the challenger and i personally think each car has it's own look and personality...sounds crazy but idc...i think no car should be the same...well like the chargers should look the same but they shouldnt look the same as the challenger...sure they can have a few similarities but they shouldnt look exactly the same...like interior!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2008, 02:19 AM   #11
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickdago View Post
They are. But that doesn't mean he didn't take it to a paint shop after he got it.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 10:25 PM   #12
lafountain

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
Was at a car show in Boise, ID and they unveiled a Challenger from one of the local dealerships.

One of the big sponsors was the Treasure Valley Mustang Club so there were a lot of Mustangs, but there were a few Camaros there too. Will upload those pictures eventually.

But here are the photos of the Challenger they had. Looks good, but to me it doesn't seem worth the money.

I bought a car, turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?
lafountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 10:55 PM   #13
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Love the license plate "Yeah, it's got a HEMI"...like that should be impressive. Nice looking car, for sure. I just wish it could be shrunken in all dimentions to 80% of what it is now.

Looking forward to more pictures!
Old 07-07-2008, 09:36 AM   #14
Dan

Drives: 2004 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Love the license plate "Yeah, it's got a HEMI"...like that should be impressive. Nice looking car, for sure. I just wish it could be shrunken in all dimentions to 80% of what it is now.

Looking forward to more pictures!
Especially when you consider that its not a real hemi.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote