Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 11-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #113
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
I will post this evening the custom "Aggressive Street" alignment Pete and Rob from Pedders helped me come up with at Raymond's Performance the evening before the Fest....it will take everything you love about the handling and responsiveness of the 1LE and kick it up a notch further!

I just don't have the specs handy at the moment...
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:23 PM   #114
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Yeah I am still waiting for this agressive street alignment
Old 11-06-2012, 02:17 PM   #115
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
In post #126
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...t=71994&page=6

I'm waiting on my Pedders ZL1 bar to convert over to the FE4 suspension. Then I'm doing an agressive street alignment as well.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:34 PM   #116
drumsbh

Drives: 08' Pontiac G8 GT
Mark,

Your car looks great! I really like the white/black combo. Sorry I missed this thread. Cant wait to see it at the car shows this summer. Also, we are trying to get a group of people to travel to Rock Falls and do some drag racing in April, your welcome to come if your not busy. Stay warm.

-Drumsbh
08' Pontiac G8 GT 11.32@121.66 Rock Falls Raceway 10-11-14 - Kooks 1 7/8 LT's - Kooks 3" X - Kooks Mufflers - Vararam CAI - HSRK - 160° T-Stat - UDP - 3.45 Camaro Diff - Rick Crawford Modified "Air Ram" Intake and TB - Tuned by Rick Crawford - Lunati Crawford Spec'd Cam - LS3 Heads Ported and Milled by Rick Crawford (G8-4-Speed) - Coan Stall
drumsbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:48 PM   #117
MarkSS

Drives: 2014 Z/28
Let me know on Rock Falls, I haven't been there for a number of years, but it would be great to join you!
MarkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:10 PM   #118
drumsbh

Drives: 08' Pontiac G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSS View Post
Let me know on Rock Falls, I haven't been there for a number of years, but it would be great to join you!
Will do!
08' Pontiac G8 GT 11.32@121.66 Rock Falls Raceway 10-11-14 - Kooks 1 7/8 LT's - Kooks 3" X - Kooks Mufflers - Vararam CAI - HSRK - 160° T-Stat - UDP - 3.45 Camaro Diff - Rick Crawford Modified "Air Ram" Intake and TB - Tuned by Rick Crawford - Lunati Crawford Spec'd Cam - LS3 Heads Ported and Milled by Rick Crawford (G8-4-Speed) - Coan Stall
drumsbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:43 PM   #119
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
!!!!

I forgot to post!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
In post #126
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...t=71994&page=6

I'm waiting on my Pedders ZL1 bar to convert over to the FE4 suspension. Then I'm doing an agressive street alignment as well.
That is basically what I had done, but not exactly...I'll find my numbers tonight, and post in here...I can't believe I forgot to post that!
Old 01-10-2013, 11:14 PM   #120
Mr. Wyndham

Here's what we did to the ZL1 during Fest III with Pete from Pedders at Raymond's alignment:

Front Caster: OE
Front Camber: -1.5º
Front Toe: -.0

Rear Camber: -.5
Rear Toe: +.05

We basically made the front a step more aggressive than factory, both in terms of ability and responsiveness. And we fine-tuned the rear to be within spec. Reason for that was because I wanted all power down to the ground as possible in the rear...that desire limited the amount of camber we could apply.

Immediately off the lift I noticed the steering and responsiveness was MUCH more crisp and dialed-in. While before it felt happy to change direction...now it felt happy, and even eager to change direction. Was very pleased. A minor adjustment can make a big difference when you're tires are like steam rollers.

I will mention...of 10 adjustments...5 were out of factory spec for one reason or another. So it's possible that some of the changes I experienced were simply the way it was supposed to drive from the beginning...but I could distinctly feel the increased camber and 0 toe up front. That made a big difference.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:07 AM   #121
bpdcop100

Drives: 2013 1LE,
My PCV catch can was in the trunk. The splitter was on the car. The tires are my biggest concern. I have over 3300 miles on my 1LE and I have never owned a car with such poor performing cold tires on it from the factory. I switch to the tire pressure dash mode and do not attempt to push the car hard until the rear tires gain air pressure. Be careful and I hope you enjoy the car. It looks great in white.
bpdcop100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:30 PM   #122
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpdcop100 View Post
My PCV catch can was in the trunk. The splitter was on the car. The tires are my biggest concern. I have over 3300 miles on my 1LE and I have never owned a car with such poor performing cold tires on it from the factory. I switch to the tire pressure dash mode and do not attempt to push the car hard until the rear tires gain air pressure. Be careful and I hope you enjoy the car. It looks great in white.
Wait until the weather warms up and you really can push it ...imagine shifting the "traction zone" of a tire up the thermometer...a lot up...and making them stick like glue in that zone.